Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Space White Mach E CA Route 1, with 12,900 miles. Owned it since 7/31/2021. Everything is good with the car and have some extras

• Extended Battery as the CA Rt 1 comes with that
  • 4x SNOW Tires on the side
  • Transferrable 8 yr, 100K Ford Warranty
  • Spare Tire

Works flawless, all OTAs done, no pending recalls also (last I got the battery connector recall OTA). It is on v2.8.3 (421)

What can I expect to get, and what is the best way to sell.

I am looking at the F150 Lightning (that is being built this month) or Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL as a replacement vehicle to this, as with current situation I am not driving much.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NorthEast NYC area

VRoom gave me $51800 quote when I put that in.
I have a F150 Lightning that is going into Production on 8/29/2022 either will keep that or the Hyundai Ioniq 5

·
Registered
2022 Select MMe with std. battery, eAWD, and Comfort & Tech package in Rapid Red
71 Posts
NorthEast NYC area

VRoom gave me $51800 quote when I put that in.
I'm just down the road a bit in Jersey. That $51k quote you got sounds about right for here. I'm jealous about the Lightning order. I'm thinking I should have gone that way. But, let's face it, a MME is a fantastic compromise/second choice!

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I sold 2 weeks ago in the NE to CarBuyerUSA.com, they gave me the best offer by far. They will give you an instant offer, then come to see the car. They ended up offered me less then originally quoted, but I was able to negotiate to within $800 of the original offer. In all, 4K higher than the next best offer. Good luck!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sold 2 weeks ago in the NE to CarBuyerUSA.com, they gave me the best offer by far. They will give you an instant offer, then come to see the car. They ended up offered me less then originally quoted, but I was able to negotiate to within $800 of the original offer. In all, 4K higher than the next best offer. Good luck!
That site is giving me a quote of $54,800 yes close to $3000 more than the other guy. Wife and son do not want me to sell. In a bind.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I have a Space White Mach E CA Route 1, with 12,900 miles. Owned it since 7/31/2021. Everything is good with the car and have some extras

• Extended Battery as the CA Rt 1 comes with that
  • 4x SNOW Tires on the side
  • Transferrable 8 yr, 100K Ford Warranty
  • Spare Tire

Works flawless, all OTAs done, no pending recalls also (last I got the battery connector recall OTA). It is on v2.8.3 (421)

What can I expect to get, and what is the best way to sell.

I am looking at the F150 Lightning (that is being built this month) or Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL as a replacement vehicle to this, as with current situation I am not driving much.

Keep in mind if you trade in your car, that will reduce the price of your new car and the tax on the new car.

I live on Long Island where the sales tax is 8.625%. If the dealer gives you $50,000 trade in, you save $4,312 in taxes which is like getting $54,312 for your car.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep in mind if you trade in your car, that will reduce the price of your new car and the tax on the new car.

I live on Long Island where the sales tax is 8.625%. If the dealer gives you $50,000 trade in, you save $4,312 in taxes which is like getting $54,312 for your car.
There is no EV Sales tax in NJ so if buying an EV after selling no issues to sell to a private party.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry:

I saw your post and quote:

"NorthEast NYC area"

I assumed you were in NYC not New Jersey.
No sweat, I had confused someone else also by that ... though I pick my ass and go to NYC for work sometimes ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
That site is giving me a quote of $54,800 yes close to $3000 more than the other guy. Wife and son do not want me to sell. In a bind.
You are selling the Mustang and replacing it with either a truck or another EV?
Since you don't drive much, why would you consider a truck? (not my business)
The family is happy with the Mustang, so it would be great if you were able to take delivery of the truck and flip it after you exercise the IRS credit. I have no doubts you will sell it for a profit.
If you never owe taxes, the credit is worthless so flip the truck immediately.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are selling the Mustang and replacing it with either a truck or another EV?
Since you don't drive much, why would you consider a truck? (not my business)
The family is happy with the Mustang, so it would be great if you were able to take delivery of the truck and flip it after you exercise the IRS credit. I have no doubts you will sell it for a profit.
If you never owe taxes, the credit is worthless so flip the truck immediately.
Right now I am trying to sell the Mach-E. As the efficiency is slightly less in the truck, and I can use it also as a backup home generator (saves me money to install a Powerwall or Gas generator), right now decieded to keep the truck. In case I have a hard time selling the Mach-E then might flip the decision.

I agree that I do not drive, but then in the last 30 years I always wanted a truck and now that I got one, why not keep it. It drives so awesome - both are great cars.

Both the Mach-E and F150 went up in price in 2023 so might hold some value. Looking at what are the best sites to sell the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts