Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My home charging cable will not remove from the charging port, it's locked in. This same cable plugged into my husband's Ford Fusion Energi with no problems in 3 years so nothing is wrong with the cable.

1) I've pressed and held the lit 'unlock button' on the charge port on the Mach E - nothing, still stuck.
2) I've pressed the Unlock Charging Cable on the Mach-E infotainment Settings section - nothing, still won't release.
3) I've unlocked the car, started, restarted - nothing, still won't release.
4) I've shut off the power to the Charging Station itself - nothing, still won't release.
5) On the Ford App, I've tapped the "Finished Charging"- nothing, still won't release.

It's totally locked in and no-one within the Ford network seems to know what to do.

Registered
My home charging cable will not remove from the charging port, it's locked in. This same cable plugged into my husband's Ford Fusion Energi with no problems in 3 years so nothing is wrong with the cable.

1) I've pressed and held the lit 'unlock button' on the charge port on the Mach E - nothing, still stuck.
2) I've pressed the Unlock Charging Cable on the Mach-E infotainment Settings section - nothing, still won't release.
4) I've shut off the power to the Charging Station itself - nothing, still won't release.
5) On the Ford App, I've tapped the "Finished Charging"- nothing, still won't release.

It's totally locked in and no-one within the Ford network seems to know what to do.
See p 164 of owners manual. There is a manual release you access from the frunk after removing those stupid plastic covers. I guess no one in the Ford network reads their own manual. 馃榾. Please give an update if you are successful.

Registered

Note: that #1 is for d/c fast charging and doesn't play a role in home charging.

To everyone else, I'm curious as to what would cause being unable to disonnect the charger

Registered
I occasionally have this problem with my home charger if I don't hold it precisely level when inserting the plug. When it does get stuck, I hold the button on the plug and give it a good yank. There's nothing (of which I'm aware) that you can or need to do inside the vehicle to release a level 1 or 2 (home) charger plug.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts