Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Good but what kind of commercial/ad will it be? If it's meant primarily as a traditional TV campaign - Prime Time, World Series, Super Bowl... I'm disappointed but not surprised.

If production is at capacity with all the vehicles spoken for through the middle of next year, no need to pay big bucks for prime TV spots. If they still need to sell these, Ford may have a problem.

I would really love to see Ford swarm the social media influencers with test vehicles. factory tours, etc... I'm not a big social media guy but this is where the market and the generation they need to go after is. I'm not just talking about the Doug DeMuro's TFL cars, Straight Pipes, Savagegeese... I would love to see the Marques Brownlee (noted Tesla fan) types get in on this as well. They all have production staff and will "shoot the commercial" for Ford.

It's 2020 Ford... time to leave the last 20th century behind.

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts
Good but what kind of commercial/ad will it be? If it's meant primarily as a traditional TV campaign - Prime Time, World Series, Super Bowl... I'm disappointed but not surprised.

If production is at capacity with all the vehicles spoken for through the middle of next year, no need to pay big bucks for prime TV spots. If they still need to sell these, Ford may have a problem.

I would really love to see Ford swarm the social media influencers with test vehicles. factory tours, etc... I'm not a big social media guy but this is where the market and the generation they need to go after is. I'm not just talking about Doug DeMuro's TFL cars, The Straight Pipes, Savagegeese... I would love to see the Marques Brownlee (noted Tesla fan) types get in on this as well. They all have production staff and will "shoot the commercial" for Ford.

It's 2020 Ford... time to leave the last 20th century behind.
This could be hands-on testing for various media outlets, not a traditional TV spot. We shall see.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I saw a MachE commercial during the Yankees game yesterday. It was more of a general Ford commercial but highlighted the Grabber Blue and Red MachE. It was really well done.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I saw a MachE commercial during the Yankees game yesterday. It was more of a general Ford commercial but highlighted the Grabber Blue and Red MachE. It was really well done.
They still need to maintain the traditional F150 type crowd advertising. There's a LOT to be learned from Tesla. They do not advertise or pay for endorsements yet they've got a gazillion more times the mindshare Ford has without spending a dime.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Posted on Facebook. Apparently at an airport in SoCal. Ford looks to be shooting a new commercial for the Mach-E there.
View attachment 2609
I question the use of a boring white non-GT for the commercial. If it's for exciting the public, it should be a Rapid Red, Grabber Blue or (preferably) Cyber Orange GT. The standard cars are, I thought, mostly sold out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts