Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
it really is sleek. The article suggests they should have started with something like this.

But they need a volume seller, and two-door coupes are more a niche market. Small CUVs just sell more.

In the last video testing in the snow, the narrator eluded to the Mach e easing the way to future electrified Mustangs. There may be a coupe like this in our future...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's probably easiest to just turn the current Mach-E into a coupe. Basically keep everything the same except changing the back half of the body.

After that I could see a true Mustang Coupe that's electric. That would be great to see.
'

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
112 Posts
It's probably easiest to just turn the current Mach-E into a coupe. Basically keep everything the same except changing the back half of the body.

After that I could see a true Mustang Coupe that's electric. That would be great to see.
So, why wouldn't turning the current Mach-E into a coupe be a true Mustang Coupe? You would make some styling changes as well, but wouldn't that be the best way to get to a 7th generation Mustang?

·
Registered
444 Posts
It would be very interesting if Ford kept both the Mustang and a Mach-E coupe. If Ford made a Mach-E coupe and made that the new 2-door Mustang I think the diehards would riot lol.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
112 Posts
If you listen carefully to the videos with the marketing types and the high-ups in Ford, some of them talk about how the Mach E will help them keep the ICE Mustang alive. It's sort of like a brand offset. That's part of the reason for all the speculation about an electric Camaro. The difference between Ford and GM is Ford is keeping the Mustang alive, while GM has stated they are ending the Camaro line in 2023.

·
Registered
205 Posts

'
I guess once production starts and demand can be measured, anything is possible. Every Ford venture into EV must be profitable, so your approach could work because of the reduced development work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts