Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Mach-e premium for my wife but she has decided she cannot give up the minivan life (don't get me started). Anyway, it's scheduled for delivery in December and my question is can I sell this reservation?

·
Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
317 Posts
No. You must take delivery. If you don't, there is no price protection. And, the dealer CAN add ADM to the price. You have 2 options. 1, take delivery, resell and don't take the tax credit. Likely a money lover or breakeven at best. 2) cancel and get your deposit back.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
No. You must take delivery. If you don't, there is no price protection. And, the dealer CAN add ADM to the price. You have 2 options. 1, take delivery, resell and don't take the tax credit. Likely a money lover or breakeven at best. 2) cancel and get your deposit back.
3. Take delivery, resell and take the Federal tax credit. Unless your state exempts EV from sales tax, any profit will be reduced by the state sales tax. There also may be short term capital gain tax on any profit. Like option 1 above the amount you make after taxes may not be worth the effort.

·
Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
317 Posts
Not eligible for tax credit if you buy with the intent of reselling.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Not eligible for tax credit if you buy with the intent of reselling.

One can buy a car and then decide to sell it. This would qualify for the Federal Tax Credit. You registered the car. Nothing in the law requires you to keep the car. Circumstances change and while when buying the car you intended to keep it, but then something happened and you decided to sell it. You are entitled to the Federal Tax Credit.

Intent differs from buyer to buyer and is almost impossible to ascertain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts