Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a couple of YouTube videos of Mach-E prototypes driving in Michigan. One in Star White and one with some of the camo still on.

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
Star White looks great and I think it could look even better without the lower black plastics
The lower black trim is to have a slimming effect, giving a more sporty profile.
I actually wish the lower front didnt have the body color insert, but that the whole thing were painted black (compare pictures below). But thats a subjective thing.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I actually wish the lower front didnt have the body color insert, but that the whole thing were painted black (compare pictures below). But thats a subjective thing.
I thought I liked the black lower front better until you posted these side-by-side. Now that I'm seeing them together, from similar angles, I definitely prefer the body color area at the bottom. The black-painted bottom sort of causes the front end to look like its bumper has fallen off.

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
I thought I liked the black lower front better until you posted these side-by-side. Now that I'm seeing them together, from similar angles, I definitely prefer the body color area at the bottom. The black-painted bottom sort of causes the front end to look like its bumper has fallen off.
Why you have to say that?!? Now i cant get the image out of my head...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I preferred the body color to begin with but now I can't unsee the 'fallen off' look of the black bumper lol.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,241 Posts
Didn't Tesla patent that feature? 🤣

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Just wait till you see more monotone Mach-E's in lighter colors. The difference will be even bigger since they tend to show more of the vehicles design compared to darker colors. Anyone here good at photoshop?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree; I don't like the black painted bottom and I also do NOT like the SHINY black wheel well moldings. I wish they were body colour or at least flat black. I think they are body colour on the FE but I wish they were on all models. Maybe if Ford gets enough complaints they will paint them body colour or at least give a person the option to choose.

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
I agree; I don't like the black painted bottom and I also do NOT like the SHINY black wheel well moldings. I wish they were body colour or at least flat black. I think they are body colour on the FE but I wish they were on all models. Maybe if Ford gets enough complaints they will paint them body colour or at least give a person the option to choose.
Flat black on select and California in the US. I don’t know the configurations in Canada or EU.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts