Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read some postings that expressed some concern over those Mach-E models that will have black plastic fender flares.
I believe some models will have this area painted instead, such as the First Edition. Black plastic may be okay on the Premium edition but I do have concern about its appearance durability against scratches and minor bumps. I know there are some after market fix it kits and more but I would prefer my Mach-E to be more maintenance free. I suppose the shiner the plastic, the more scratches it will show.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Saw a new Star White Explorer with its black fender flares that are flat black/not glossy. Very concerned about the glossy black versions appearing on the Premium Mach-E models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the UK and I believe Europe there are fundamentally only two versions the FE having been fully reserved. They are a RWD version and an AWD version both available in SR or ER. It would appear that on the SR version the trim around the ‘grille’ over the wheel arches, along the door cills and around the boot is in a flat plastic finish. The AWD version has a body kit addition that changes this finish to gloss black, including the wing mirrors. The gloss black I believe looks better but the flat black more practical I suspect. I have reserved a RWD ER in Star White so imagine it will come with the flat trim. Probably better long term but not so photogenic! It is not clear to me what happens at roof level particularly in the part between the panoramic roof and the rear spoiler. I assume (hope) it is gloss black on all versions with the panoramic roof. The ER version in the UK (not Europe) comes with the technology plus package that I believe includes the panoramic roof although it is not absolutely clear from the UK configurator. In Europe the tech + package is an add on and this does there include the panoramic roof.
These days finding out what specifications pre booked cars will eventually arrive in has all the attributes of a Agatha Christie novel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Out of interest (at least for me) attached are screen shots of my UK pre-order for a RWD ER
The perforated seats and tech plus are included. With Star White the only extra.
So I believe that subject to ratification the price should be £51,240 excluding any government rebate.
I calculate the rough equivalent US cost to be $67,200 the euro €58,700. Not sure how this equates to others. Clearly different tax costs apply in different markets.
The footnote (1) says available on ER version only
2FBFB4B8-D1CF-4F3F-92A7-A8A973AC8A86.png
7A9D81BE-0C85-465A-AFB7-3B6643F09E12.png
F44DD0F3-C1DF-428C-9AE0-0CD058726D21.png

·
Registered
179 Posts
@PaulD - The closest US spec vehicle I can put together is the premium RWD ER. With Star White its MSRP is currently estimated at $56,200 USD. California Rt1 edition is a close second at $53,000 USD. The base RWD (select) does not offer the extended battery.
The most expensive GT mach e available for pre-order is estimated at $60,500. The performance top of the line will be more. Of course, the fine-print says pricing subject to change.

I don’t know what Ford has added to make the Mach e custom to the EU market, but it would be great to compare them side-by-side.

·
Registered
222 Posts
@PaulD - The closest US spec vehicle I can put together is the premium RWD ER. With Star White its MSRP is currently estimated at $56,200 USD. California Rt1 edition is a close second at $53,000 USD. The base RWD (select) does not offer the extended battery.
The most expensive GT mach e available for pre-order is estimated at $60,500. The performance top of the line will be more. Of course, the fine-print says pricing subject to change.

I don’t know what Ford has added to make the Mach e custom to the EU market, but it would be great to compare them side-by-side.
x2.
I would be interested in seeing that as well. We should probably share our build sheets, spec sheets and anything else that would help here because there's just no other way we'll find out. No automaker discloses this type of info. It only ever comes from actual owners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts