Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't realize this, but the First Edition Mach-E's are also sold out in Canada like the US. Makes sense given that they didn't have to put down a deposit.

From Automotive News Canada:

Ford Motor Co. said on Monday reservations were full for the high-end Mustang Mach-E First Edition electric crossover vehicle.

Ford Canada on Tuesday confirmed to Automotive News Canada that "all First Edition are sold out in Canada."

The No. 2 U.S. automaker unveiled the electric Mustang on Nov. 17, and began taking reservations with a refundable deposit of US$500 in the United States. A deposit was not required in Canada. There will be four other versions of the Mach-E in addition to the First Edition.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I didn't realize this, but the First Edition Mach-E's are also sold out in Canada like the US. Makes sense given that they didn't have to put down a deposit.

From Automotive News Canada:
Here in montreal, it was 3000$ deposit for a first edition and 500$ for all the other trim... We have too pass thru a dealer to get a reservation... If we reserved without deposit, it'snt sure we had one for tje 2021 production year

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here in montreal, it was 3000$ deposit for a first edition and 500$ for all the other trim... We have too pass thru a dealer to get a reservation... If we reserved without deposit, it'snt sure we had one for tje 2021 production year
Oh that's interesting, I didn't know that. So for $500 it guaranteed you a 2021 Mach-E?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Did you end up finding out about allocations? Curious to know how many Mach-E's dealers are getting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you end up finding out about allocations? Curious to know how many Mach-E's dealers are getting.
In Canada the reservation is done through the dealer ($500 for any models except first edition), so the dealer has the confirmation number.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The "by model" chart adds up to 641, the other 2 add up to 681? In either case, that is not a very big number. If Canada only represents 2% of total reservations that's consistent with the belief that there are 35,000 worldwide, but if Canada is more like 5% of the total then the E isn't doing as well as we all thought.

Where'd this data come from?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow. Only 125
I’m out BC and My dealer said there were only gonna be 125 first edition models available in Canada.
Wow. Only 125 in all of Canada. that number is much lower than I thought it would be. This is cool information. I got my FE reserved on Dec. 31st And now I count myself lucky. And only because the previous reservation holder dropped out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think is just a little above 125 because from the number I have, first edition supposed to be 6% of the production. They said that 3000 unit will be available for canada , so about 180 first edition. This is still low number and yes you're lucky to have the opportunity to have one ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealer in North Vancouver told me by email that I needed to give them a $5,000 non refundable deposit to get a car and that they were only getting 8 cars in total.

Then they changed their tune and said they were not taking deposits until April 1st and it would be first the 8 orders confirmed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here in Montreal, only the first edition need 3k$ deposit . all the other is the regular 500$ deposit refundable

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dealer in North Vancouver told me by email that I needed to give them a $5,000 non refundable deposit to get a car and that they were only getting 8 cars in total.

Then they changed their tune and said they were not taking deposits until April 1st and it would be first the 8 orders confirmed.
WoW I think it is not acceptable. You should ask them why in Montreal it is only $500! You should negotiate harder in April !!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

That doesn't seem right at all, have you reached out to another dealer to compare?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts