Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the delays, does anyone have an opinion about what Ford is going to do with delivering Mach-E GT PP vehicles to northern areas this fall...?

This particular model will come equipped with summer performance tires that should not be exposed to ambient temperatures less than 40F.

Do you think that Ford will offer customers an option for all season tires on the GT PP, or just attempt to get out all the 2021 orders before is gets cold? These colder temperatures can be seen as early as November in the northern US and Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a feeling like they are not going to give a crap and just pump them out into the cold.
What I’d like to see is something like Audi does with offering a Winter package where the dealer will changeover the tires for the season and store the unused ones until you comeback for the next season changeover. I’ve seen a Ford dealership in Canada do this, but I think that may be a bit more expected and necessary up there.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
2,053 Posts
With all the delays, does anyone have an opinion about what Ford is going to do with delivering Mach-E GT PP vehicles to northern areas this fall...?

This particular model will come equipped with summer performance tires that should not be exposed to ambient temperatures less than 40F.

Do you think that Ford will offer customers an option for all season tires on the GT PP, or just attempt to get out all the 2021 orders before is gets cold? These colder temperatures can be seen as early as November in the northern US and Canada.
Performance cars like Porsche, I have owned several, come with performance summer tires, regardless of where and when you buy them. Same thing with Mercedes and their AMG line, BMW with their M line and Audi with their S lineup.

I would expect the same with the Mach E GT PP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I sent an inquiry off to Ford Corporate.

Pretty sure that I will receive nothing more than a form letter...

·
Registered
10 Posts
We just got out GT with summer tires. We already had our dealer doing the storage thing for us on our Ford edge. They are looking into what winter tires will fit our GT. Anyone know??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts