Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Torklift Central is taking pre-orders for their Mach-E trailer hitch.

021 Ford Mustang Mach-E

The one and only 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E trailer hitch features a 2” receiver opening. This is the most common and popular receiver size. The towing and carrying weight are still being finalized but you can rest assured our hitch will not be the limiting factor for your towing and hauling needs.

• 100 percent bolt-on installation - no drilling required
  • Engineered to meet stringent national SAE J684 towing safety standards
  • Available in most popular 2-inch receivers
  • Does not affect ground clearance
  • Coated with high impact powder coat for durability
  • Avoid overhead lifting common with roof racks and maintain your vehicle’s aerodynamic design
  • Material can include a qualified combination of aerospace grade aluminum, stainless steel or steel*
  • Made with 100% recycled and recyclable materials
  • Lightweight
  • Free shipping to lower 48 states
  • Made in U.S.A
  • Lifetime Warranty

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ford's stated they're not releasing a trailer hitch option for the U.S. version of Mach-E. But they are for Europe, due to higher demand for it there (for bicycles, for instance). So I'd assume that in the U.S., you'd need to go to a third party for this.
Bad move! We bike here! I am old & need it to mount bike rack! Not smart Ford !😭😭😭

·
Registered
2021 Mach-e Select, AWD, std battery - build date 12/14/20
4 Posts
solution is Torkliftcentral.com
DIY install <2 hours

ooohhh, that's weird the forum url got changed when I made a link, try this:
and search for diy-install-torklift

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok, I have had my receiver on for over a month now, and I like it. However I have a Thule Hitch mounted tray rack and when I have it in the stow away position it is extremely close to the tailgate. I actually have to move the trays around for it to clear. But it works. I then tried a older Hollywood tray rack that holds 3 bikes and in the stowaway position it actually hit my tailgate, even nicked the paint, only way to use it is to not push the rack all the way back, which works but leaves the rack not quite as stable. Then today I tried a One up tray rack which is probably the best tray rack on the market, and even in the position farthest away from the car in the folded up position it hits the lack part of the bumper and if I was to run it in that position it would definitely scratch the bumper. The issue is that they did not place the reciever far enough out when they made it. One inch farther back would still look the same and still be very hidden but it would clear most racks. I did call them but they did not seem very interested. So if you are going to get one make sure the bike rack you are using will work.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok, I have had my receiver on for over a month now, and I like it. However I have a Thule Hitch mounted tray rack and when I have it in the stow away position it is extremely close to the tailgate. I actually have to move the trays around for it to clear. But it works. I then tried a older Hollywood tray rack that holds 3 bikes and in the stowaway position it actually hit my tailgate, even nicked the paint, only way to use it is to not push the rack all the way back, which works but leaves the rack not quite as stable. Then today I tried a One up tray rack which is probably the best tray rack on the market, and even in the position farthest away from the car in the folded up position it hits the lack part of the bumper and if I was to run it in that position it would definitely scratch the bumper. The issue is that they did not place the reciever far enough out when they made it. One inch farther back would still look the same and still be very hidden but it would clear most racks. I did call them but they did not seem very interested. So if you are going to get one make sure the bike rack you are using will work.
It seemed that hitch was too far forward, I expected issues like this. I'd suggest an extension, I've used that on a previous sedan. A 2" male to female extension that's probably like 6" long.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts