Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A dealership near me has a Mach-E in stock, the exact configuration that I reserved. It's for sale because the reservation holder backed out. The numbers they quoted me are below for Ford Options, does this all look accurate? I have the X-Plan pricing. Only issue I see is that I don't want the locking lug nuts but I guess the "extra" security isn't so bad. Not sure the DealerDoc and Acquisition Fee are correct, I thought X-Plan knocks those numbers down?

Mach-E Premium, Interior Protection Package, Extended Range Battery:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,

A dealership near me has a Mach-E in stock, the exact configuration that I reserved. It's for sale because the reservation holder backed out. The numbers they quoted me are below for Ford Options, does this all look accurate? I have the X-Plan pricing. Only issue I see is that I don't want the locking lug nuts but I guess the "extra" security isn't so bad. Not sure the DealerDoc and Acquisition Fee are correct, I thought X-Plan knocks those numbers down?

View attachment 4925
A residual of 42% after 3 years???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yep, something seems off about that.

"Compare that with the residual value after a 36-month least for a Mustang and the Mach-E is certainly ahead. The worst performing Mustang in this respect is the turbocharged convertible model, whose residuals are only 48 percent, although the the V8-powered GT hardtop coupe fares a bit better, with 53 percent."

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi All,

View attachment 4925
Doc fee should be capped at $100 or less under xplan. Look under #5 program - Document fees. What is "Groove discount" https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,689 Posts
Hi All,

View attachment 4925
As correctly pointed out with X plan document fees are limited to $100.

The option plan is not a lease. It is a financing plan. Double check the acquisition fee of $645. Acquisition fees are usually for leases not when you buy a car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. But I read into it and Ford has very little data on how well the value will be after 'x' years. So they are putting a low residual just in case so they don't lose money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doc fee should be capped at $100 or less under xplan. Look under #5 program - Document fees. What is "Groove discount" https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
Thank you for that!! I thought something was odd. Also it took hours to get them to honor my reservation price. Originally the car had a couple grand worth of random fees (so they can make more money). I fought back and they finally caved and gave me msrp. I'm thinking that's why there's a new "aquisition fee" because they aren't making money and are trying to sneak in extra costs, like the locking lug nuts... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an FYI, dealerships are still a PITA even though this process is supposed to bypass them. It's an uphill battle to get the price that we were quoted during the reservation period. Once this is all done I'm going to be so happy not having to go to a dealership again.

I just responded back to the dealership with the dealerdoc and acquisition fees being capped. I'll keep you updated on what they come back with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep. But I read into it and Ford has very little data on how well the value will be after 'x' years. So they are putting a low residual just in case so they don't lose money.
In looking more into it, Ford is calling it the "Ford Option" which is a lower payment, and then a balloon payment at the end. Basically a way to spread out the cost of buying the vehicle. Or you can turn in the vehicle at the end to satisfy the 'balloon' payment. So, basically a lease, with more favorable numbers to Ford.

An interesting take...

·
Registered
24 Posts
In looking more into it, Ford is calling it the "Ford Option" which is a lower payment, and then a balloon payment at the end. Basically a way to spread out the cost of buying the vehicle. Or you can turn in the vehicle at the end to satisfy the 'balloon' payment. So, basically a lease, with more favorable numbers to Ford.

An interesting take...
I think no one is calling it a lease. If it was a true lease you would not qualify for the federal $7500 Tax credit. It's just a balloon payment type loan. In addition it comes with a rebate of between $1000 to $2500 depending on location. And its true - x plan doc fee is capped at $100.

·
Registered
288 Posts

An interesting take...
some appeal to the options plan, depending on where you live I think the up front cash is $1k to $2.5k. You also get the $7500 tax credit. The balloon at the end gives you a good choice, if the car has depreciating horrifically, just turn it back in. Of course as pointed out you DO pay sales tax on the full price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finalized all the paperwork figures so far (remotely) with the Ford dealer. I have to pickup the Mach-E tonight and sign all the paperwork. What I'm worried about is they keep saying this is a lease but I keep saying its a Ford Options Plan. The paperwork shows lease but all the figures are correct with the Ford Options. Does anyone know if the paperwork will be in the form of a lease or finance? I want to make absolute sure that my name is on the form as "owner" so I can qualify for the federal tax credit since I know leases don't qualify for that. Sorry if this is a stupid question!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
some appeal to the options plan, depending on where you live I think the up front cash is $1k to $2.5k. You also get the $7500 tax credit. The balloon at the end gives you a good choice, if the car has depreciating horrifically, just turn it back in. Of course as pointed out you DO pay sales tax on the full price.
Based on my photo above I'm not paying much tax ($145). Not entirely sure why that is? Maybe they screwed up the paperwork? Going in tonight to sign the paperwork, I'll have to see then.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Finalized all the paperwork figures so far (remotely) with the Ford dealer. I have to pickup the Mach-E tonight and sign all the paperwork. What I'm worried about is they keep saying this is a lease but I keep saying its a Ford Options Plan. The paperwork shows lease but all the figures are correct with the Ford Options. Does anyone know if the paperwork will be in the form of a lease or finance? I want to make absolute sure that my name is on the form as "owner" so I can qualify for the federal tax credit since I know leases don't qualify for that. Sorry if this is a stupid question!
The paperwork should not be lease paperwork. Options is a retail loan with a balloon payment. I agree you should be careful with $7500 at stake.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Thank you for that!! I thought something was odd. Also it took hours to get them to honor my reservation price. Originally the car had a couple grand worth of random fees (so they can make more money). I fought back and they finally caved and gave me msrp. I'm thinking that's why there's a new "aquisition fee" because they aren't making money and are trying to sneak in extra costs, like the locking lug nuts... :rolleyes:
If dealer accepts X - Plan the dealer cannot add on extras: the dealer cannot “create” an acquisition fee to boost profits.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Just an FYI, dealerships are still a PITA even though this process is supposed to bypass them. It's an uphill battle to get the price that we were quoted during the reservation period. Once this is all done I'm going to be so happy not having to go to a dealership again.

I just responded back to the dealership with the dealerdoc and acquisition fees being capped. I'll keep you updated on what they come back with.
Under the Option Plan I believe there are no acquisition fees.

can someone who elected to use the Option Plan help?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

An interesting take...
No it is not a lease:

• In almost all states the tax on a lease is the sum of the payments
  • In the Option Plan tax is on MSR
  • In a lease title remains in the lessor Ford
  • In the Option Plan title is in the buyer
  • In a lease the residual is between 55% and 58%
  • In the Option Plan the balloon is in the low 40%
  • In the Option Plan the buyer gets the FTC.
  • In a lease the FTC goes th the lessor, Ford

Hope this clarifies

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Based on my photo above I'm not paying much tax ($145). Not entirely sure why that is? Maybe they screwed up the paperwork? Going in tonight to sign the paperwork, I'll have to see then.
I suggest you “slow up” take the paper work and review it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well this experience is exhausting. I have been texting the salewoman all day saying I'm ready to buy, just want to see the final numbers under the FORD OPTIONS plan. She sent me the numbers (above) and kept saying "lease". I corrected her 4 separate times that it wasn't a lease, it was the Ford Option plan. She finally confirmed that they will do the ford options plan for 48 months. I get the okay to come to the dealership. I spend 3 hours waiting for finance just to sign a couple papers. Only took TWO minutes for the finance guy to pull out the LEASE paperwork and I said nope. Told him I want the Ford Options plan, he said he was told by the salewoman and management that I wanted an extremely long lease. I said no. Anyways he hasn't even heard of the Options plan and can't get into communication with Ford to get the paperwork; it's 5pm now. I leave after 5 minutes and said I'll come back once they get the correct paperwork. Waste of time. Guy goes to the ford website and reads into the Options plan and says it's a good plan. Clearly nobody was ever trained on this new plan. I really hope other people have better luck than me. BTW the paperwork numbers did look odd to me but the final number was correct. But turns out they are lease numbers anyways.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts