Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well this experience is exhausting. I have been texting the salewoman all day saying I'm ready to buy, just want to see the final numbers under the FORD OPTIONS plan. She sent me the numbers (above) and kept saying "lease". I corrected her 4 separate times that it wasn't a lease, it was the Ford Option plan. She finally confirmed that they will do the ford options plan for 48 months. I get the okay to come to the dealership. I spend 3 hours waiting for finance just to sign a couple papers. Only took TWO minutes for the finance guy to pull out the LEASE paperwork and I said nope. Told him I want the Ford Options plan, he said he was told by the salewoman and management that I wanted an extremely long lease. I said no. Anyways he hasn't even heard of the Options plan and can't get into communication with Ford to get the paperwork; it's 5pm now. I leave after 5 minutes and said I'll come back once they get the correct paperwork. Waste of time. Guy goes to the ford website and reads into the Options plan and says it's a good plan. Clearly nobody was ever trained on this new plan. I really hope other people have better luck than me. BTW the paperwork numbers did look odd to me but the final number was correct. But turns out they are lease numbers anyways.
Clearly confusion arises when the dealership doesn’t know the difference between Fords "Red Carpet Lease" and Ford “Options” product.

Sometimes it’s hard to teach old dogs new tricks. One of the main reasons “option” exists is that the purchaser get the car without losing the federal tax credit, ($7500) With a lease - you don’t get it since you don’t own the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Clearly confusion arises when the dealership doesn’t know the difference between Fords "Red Carpet Lease" and Ford “Options” product.

Sometimes it’s hard to teach old dogs new tricks. One of the main reasons “option” exists is that the purchaser get the car without losing the federal tax credit, ($7500) With a lease - you don’t get it since you don’t own the car.
Exactly! I actually had to explain that to the finance guy. He then looked it up and was like "oh".

·
Registered
2021 MME CA Route 1
13 Posts
If it makes you feel better I was the first Options buyer at my dealership, we were reading the website together, and my APR was wrong (too high by 1%) ... and I didn’t even know 🤦‍♂️ (FMC proactively fixed things up)

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it makes you feel better I was the first Options buyer at my dealership, we were reading the website together, and my APR was wrong (too high by 1%) ... and I didn’t even know 🤦‍♂️ (FMC proactively fixed things up)
Ditto. I was the first at my dealership and had to tell them where to find it in their system (Dealers can find Ford Options info here: FMCDealer » Finance » Consumer Finance Programs » Ford Options) and explain what it was (financing with an option to turn in at term end or pay/refinance the ballon and keep the vehicle) and why I wanted that over a RCL lease ($7500 tax credit). It took them 2 days to figure it out.

Luckily once you drive off the lot with your long awaited Mach E, all that hassle just slips away and your new car joy takes over. 😃

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ditto. I was the first at my dealership and had to tell them where to find it in their system (Dealers can find Ford Options info here: FMCDealer » Finance » Consumer Finance Programs » Ford Options) and explain what it was (financing with an option to turn in at term end or pay/refinance the ballon and keep the vehicle) and why I wanted that over a RCL lease ($7500 tax credit). It took them 2 days to figure it out.

Luckily once you drive off the lot with your long awaited Mach E, all that hassle just slips away and your new car joy takes over. 😃
Not to mention the additional $1000 to $2600, (depending on zip code), rebate you get.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Well this experience is exhausting. I have been texting the salewoman all day saying I'm ready to buy, just want to see the final numbers under the FORD OPTIONS plan. She sent me the numbers (above) and kept saying "lease". I corrected her 4 separate times that it wasn't a lease, it was the Ford Option plan. She finally confirmed that they will do the ford options plan for 48 months. I get the okay to come to the dealership. I spend 3 hours waiting for finance just to sign a couple papers. Only took TWO minutes for the finance guy to pull out the LEASE paperwork and I said nope. Told him I want the Ford Options plan, he said he was told by the salewoman and management that I wanted an extremely long lease. I said no. Anyways he hasn't even heard of the Options plan and can't get into communication with Ford to get the paperwork; it's 5pm now. I leave after 5 minutes and said I'll come back once they get the correct paperwork. Waste of time. Guy goes to the ford website and reads into the Options plan and says it's a good plan. Clearly nobody was ever trained on this new plan. I really hope other people have better luck than me. BTW the paperwork numbers did look odd to me but the final number was correct. But turns out they are lease numbers anyways.
Ford sent the information about the Options plan,and added it to the ordering system properly, back in February. It is clear these guys are not reading Ford’s correspondence.

My dealer in NJ had me done with paperwork in about 90 minutes total.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,684 Posts
Ford sent the information about the Options plan,and added it to the ordering system properly, back in February. It is clear these guys are not reading Ford’s correspondence.

My dealer in NJ had me done with paperwork in about 90 minutes total.
Follow the Money!

For every MME a dealer “Processes“ , remember their profit is capped and minimal, they sell 50 to 100 cars where they can make money.

Given that it is unrealistic to expect the dealer to invest much time and effort learning the unique nuances that are particular to the MME.

The MME is a “one off”.

Tesla realized this and of course went the company store route.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I agree with all of you. I was telling my wife that it seems that the sales team doesn't care to learn about the Mach-E because it doesn't give them a large commission (or any?) compared to ICE vehicles. I had to teach the saleswoman how to operate the vehicle and she SO scared to unplug the car from the charger. I had to do it because she thought it would electrocute her. Really Ford? Train your team...
@Jqh797 I CAN"T WAIT FOR THIS FEELING!! I dread going to the dealership and I was hoping this time would be different. I expect in 6 years when I trade in the Mach-E (IF I do) that the experience might be all online.
@JTK44 They should switch the dealerships to EV charging stations and just delivery centers like Tesla. That'd be so nice! HA.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Exactly! I actually had to explain that to the finance guy. He then looked it up and was like "oh".
KUdos to you for sticking in there, I think I'd have given up and left the deal long ago.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
KUdos to you for sticking in there, I think I'd have given up and left the deal long ago.
I definitely wasn't happy driving over an hour to wait 3 hours and then to be told they don't even know how to do the paperwork. HA. But I really want the car and I got lucky finding a Mach-E in stock before my reserved one comes in.

·
Registered
280 Posts
FWIW I was the first Options customer at my dealer. When we got down to talking about nuts and bolts I asked if they were familiar with Options, they said yes and printed up a contract and we were done. Dealers who aren't aware of it are just lazy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,

A dealership near me has a Mach-E in stock, the exact configuration that I reserved. It's for sale because the reservation holder backed out. The numbers they quoted me are below for Ford Options, does this all look accurate? I have the X-Plan pricing. Only issue I see is that I don't want the locking lug nuts but I guess the "extra" security isn't so bad. Not sure the DealerDoc and Acquisition Fee are correct, I thought X-Plan knocks those numbers down?

Mach-E Premium, Interior Protection Package, Extended Range Battery:

View attachment 4925
I would ask to see the window sticker. The Xplan takes $1000 off the MSRP. The MSRP on my premium dual motor extended range carbonized grey was $55,800. This price included a destination charge of $1100. The x-plan reduced this by $1000. The registration and sales taxes are in addition to this. Also I think the rapid red color is an extra $400. If this one has dual motor as well then it’s a great price.

·
Registered
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium
19 Posts
Sorry, but it sounds like your dealer is less than completely honest. Or just as bad, they are incompetent. I love my Mach-E, but I would have passed if my dealer had screwed me around like your has. BTW - in Northwest Arkansas and having my MME Premium AWD Extended Range since Feb 4th, I am getting about 3.3 miles per kW. That translates to far better range than stated. Good luck with your Mach-E and hopefully your dealer will come around.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I agree with all of you. I was telling my wife that it seems that the sales team doesn't care to learn about the Mach-E because it doesn't give them a large commission (or any?) compared to ICE vehicles. I had to teach the saleswoman how to operate the vehicle and she SO scared to unplug the car from the charger. I had to do it because she thought it would electrocute her. Really Ford? Train your team...
Wow! I lay most of the blame on the dealerships being lazy and out of touch. I did not use options, but had a totally different experience (yesterday) with sales people eager to learn about the new car.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow! I lay most of the blame on the dealerships being lazy and out of touch. I did not use options, but had a totally different experience (yesterday) with sales people eager to learn about the new car.
but to be fair, not a lot of incentive for the dealership to learn about mach e related things. I mean they get no money on the front end, I have to think they're promised allocations of broncos,sports f150s etc tied to mach e sales.

·
Registered
280 Posts
but to be fair, not a lot of incentive for the dealership to learn about mach e related things. I mean they get no money on the front end, I have to think they're promised allocations of broncos,sports f150s etc tied to mach e sales.
I think it's a good test of whether or not you have a good dealer, i.e. one who cares about customer service and not simply maximizing profit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I would ask to see the window sticker. The Xplan takes $1000 off the MSRP. The MSRP on my premium dual motor extended range carbonized grey was $55,800. This price included a destination charge of $1100. The x-plan reduced this by $1000. The registration and sales taxes are in addition to this. Also I think the rapid red color is an extra $400. If this one has dual motor as well then it’s a great price.
Thank you! I was really hoping someone would verify the price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I think @zvez is correct in that there are no incentives for them to sell or even learn about the Mach-E. The salewoman was trying to get me into the Bronco Sport. LOLOL. She said they are leaving the dealership as soon as they come in.

@pca371 I won't be going back to this dealership, luckily.

I just got a call from the finance guy. He said he received the correct Ford Options paperwork and filled it out (first time seeing paperwork). He said he is confident that my side of the paperwork is correct and that I can sign and drive. He was honest with me and said he still has to talk it over with his rep to see how he finalizes the paperwork with Ford but said this has nothing to do with my side of the contract. Welp, I'm verifying every little detail on my side tonight, if he screws up his side... Guess I get a free car! 😂

If ANYONE has a screenshot of the Ford Options paperwork filled out correctly that would be highly appreciated! It doesn't have to show personal info (obviously).

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,684 Posts
To be 100% accurate the X-P is MSRP plus destination fee LESS 2% + $275.

Documentation fees are limited to $1oo

·
Registered
30 Posts
21 - 40 of 49 Posts