Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Sorry, but it sounds like your dealer is less than completely honest. Or just as bad, they are incompetent. I love my Mach-E, but I would have passed if my dealer had screwed me around like your has. BTW - in Northwest Arkansas and having my MME Premium AWD Extended Range since Feb 4th, I am getting about 3.3 miles per kW. That translates to far better range than stated. Good luck with your Mach-E and hopefully your dealer will come around.
3.3 miles/kwhr is quite good. Is that highway or urban driving? If highway, what is your cruise speed?
Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you for this. I completely forgot about the $100 limit. They hit me with a $699 doc fee. Waiting to hear back on how they will fix this. I would be willing to take some accessories.
It has to be fixed. I don't believe that Ford will accept the contract with the discrepancy. Just past experience.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I finally went home with the car last night. YES! Absolutely love it. The dealership finance guy was not a professional person. We ran the numbers and I paid about $57,000 out the door for Ford Options for 48 months. I paid the MSRP - Xplan - $500 (from somewhere??) + like $4k in taxes. It was $57k instead of the $55k because the $55k price was the lease without all taxes so it makes sense the price went up for Ford Options plan. Anyways I was reviewing the numbers and noticed that they sold the car to me not at MSRP but $500 less. I asked the finance guy (like an idiot), he said "congrats, the salewoman screwed up, that's on her, not me". LOL. Ok I'll take it!
Anyways the finance guy's attitude changed really quick when I denied the maintenance package... I said I didn't need it because the Mach-E has just tire rotations and air filters. He then got more pissed off I didn't buy his $3600 extended warranty up to 150,000 miles. He became unprofessional at this moment and didn't go over the paperwork or describe anything to me. I had to actually read all the agreements while he waited for me to sign. I feel like a lawyer now. HA.

In the end, the price was correct with all discounts plus the $500 mistake on their end. I got the payment I wanted and I'm extremely happy to have the Mach-E in my position! And I'm so happy I don't have to deal with dealerships and their shady practices anymore!!! 😃😃

·
Registered
282 Posts
I finally went home with the car last night. YES! Absolutely love it. The dealership finance guy was not a professional person. We ran the numbers and I paid about $57,000 out the door for Ford Options for 48 months. I paid the MSRP - Xplan - $500 (from somewhere??) + like $4k in taxes. It was $57k instead of the $55k because the $55k price was the lease without all taxes so it makes sense the price went up for Ford Options plan. Anyways I was reviewing the numbers and noticed that they sold the car to me not at MSRP but $500 less. I asked the finance guy (like an idiot), he said "congrats, the salewoman screwed up, that's on her, not me". LOL. Ok I'll take it!
Anyways the finance guy's attitude changed really quick when I denied the maintenance package... I said I didn't need it because the Mach-E has just tire rotations and air filters. He then got more pissed off I didn't buy his $3600 extended warranty up to 150,000 miles. He became unprofessional at this moment and didn't go over the paperwork or describe anything to me. I had to actually read all the agreements while he waited for me to sign. I feel like a lawyer now. HA.

In the end, the price was correct with all discounts plus the $500 mistake on their end. I got the payment I wanted and I'm extremely happy to have the Mach-E in my position! And I'm so happy I don't have to deal with dealerships and their shady practices anymore!!! 😃😃
did you place a $500 deposit?

Reactions: JTK44

·
Registered
27 Posts

My closer tried to sell me an extended warranty. When I pointed out that it came with the same warranty he was offering he was shocked. he had not read up on the Mach-e, it was their first sale, and explained this was going to "kill" his end of the program. He makes commission on the etras he sells; warranty, clear coat etc. I too paid the MSRP I was quoted last July when I ordered it. I have thought for quite some time now that the future of car sales was going to be factory pricing over the Internet and that dealerships will become delivery points. And repairs of course. "Shuck and jive - white shoe guys" selling us cars will be relegated to used cars. And I am happy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My closer tried to sell me an extended warranty. When I pointed out that it came with the same warranty he was offering he was shocked. he had not read up on the Mach-e, it was their first sale, and explained this was going to "kill" his end of the program. He makes commission on the etras he sells; warranty, clear coat etc. I too paid the MSRP I was quoted last July when I ordered it. I have thought for quite some time now that the future of car sales was going to be factory pricing over the Internet and that dealerships will become delivery points. And repairs of course. "Shuck and jive - white shoe guys" selling us cars will be relegated to used cars. And I am happy.
Thanks so much for the tip.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,684 Posts

The funniest one is the extended warranty that covers oil filters, spark plugs and transmissions!

Going forward, all you will need is a "delivery man" someone in their twenties to explain in ENGLISH the technology in the car.

Other than cabin filters every two years and tires, nothing much to do on an EV's.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts