Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgandy Velvet Platinum
338 Posts
Now looking for a "low number" that wasn't confirmed would be a ballpark on how many total reservations were accepted before the FE was closed out

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
237 Posts
What you do not know if the numbers run in sequence or in sequence per model.

So is my number 5870 (1870 assuming numbers start in the US at 4,000) for all MachE or 1870 out of perhaps 2,000 First Editions for the US?

·
Registered
MME Premium 4X Rapid Red
106 Posts
I was acting quickly when I reserved, if I would have had the time to think . . . I would have probably ordered the FE.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
OK a little online research by 20 Nov a FE was reserved and the post stated a reservation number of around 17100 less 4000 as a start number several days later it was sold out. Now given that several early reservations posted on the site are not for FE models it would appear that the number of FE models may be around 5000 units. This is speculation but not everyone ordered an FE in the 13000 reservations in November

·
Registered
237 Posts
Remember that of the first 50,000 MachE, only 40%, 20,000 will be coming the US, the remaining 60% will be going to Europe.

I have read somewhere, but do not know if it is accurate, that out of the first 50,000, 10%, 5000 will be First Editions.

Again assuming this is accurate and if only 40% come to the US, that is 2000 First Editions for the US.

So the US First Edition will be somewhat unique or hopefully RARE!

I do not understand the reservation number "17100". To this number do you have to add: 1000 so that the number is 100017100. If not then 17100 as compared to my number 10005870 is so much lower that it does not make sense.

Or are saying as compared to my number, 17100 vs. 5870 both less 4,000?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I'm trying to ascertain the total number not US and as to rare I'm 72 yoa and not particularly interested in that aspect my "rare" auto is the 63 TBird Conv. 6914 total and out of that many a very small percentage had factory A/C . I'm attempting to "kill time" doing what I did for a living which was to investigate as well as to generate post discussions while we all sit waiting for Ford to actually release verifiable information.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I looked at the spread sheet for the reservation tracker info. It appears that reservation numbers were not issued in blocks by country/location but rather by receipt and deposit. The numbers issued in Europe are around the same numbers for the US and Canada for the similar timeframe.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Compared to me you are a "youngster": But I would not mind owning one of 2,000 First Editions.

My only choice is color: Grabber Blue is unique to the First Edition and the GT. That is a plus.

However the interior is black with red striping; the disc brake calibers are red and I am afraid the Grabber Blue is too close to the Toyota blue which is not to my liking! So I am leaning towards the Rapid Red.

For me black is a non starter!

·
Registered
237 Posts
My number is 10005870: does that mean, assuming the numbers start at 4,000, I am 1870 in the US or 1870 in the World - if you know?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
It would appear that it's in the world but only someone sitting in the basement of Dearborn has the answer

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
As an aside, anyone who would love to have Red (or other colored) brake calipers, there are professional shops that will powdercoat calipers. It was around $400 when I bought my Jag F Type in 2014.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
554 Posts
My number is 10005870: does that mean, assuming the numbers start at 4,000, I am 1870 in the US or 1870 in the World - if you know?
You are 5870 in the world but we believe the first 4000 were reserved for dealers and other special orders. When the reservation books opened, they appear to have started above 4000. However, they seemed to have been somewhat sequential but with simultaneous issue of 4000, 5000, and 6000 series reservations. Thus 6001 was probably reserved before well before 4999. Because reservations were coming in simultaneously for FEs, Premiums, Selects, Rt. 1s, and GTs, it makes it tough to figure out how many FEs were reserved.

There are two reservation lists running around. The one Moose prepared, for which I haven't seen an update since the end of March (attached) and the Google sheet version:
The highest FE reservation number on the former is 24,2xx on 11/30 for the US and then 34,8xx much later in the UK
The highest FE reservation number on the latter is 19,430 on 11/22

Ford announced all FEs were sold out by the end of December: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2019/12/30/mustang-mach-e-first-edition-reservation-facts.html

Also, it seems that some First Edition reservations were held back for launch events in Europe, so those have much higher reservation numbers.

We've heard estimates that there will be as few as 3,000 FEs (reliable source) to as high as 10,000 (highly unlikely for a special edition). I think 3,000-5,000 is likely.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
554 Posts
And here's the other statement on when the FEs sold out:

"Well, that was pretty quick. Ford confirmed the Mustang Mach-E First Edition is sold out worldwide as of Dec. 30. Previously the automaker told Roadshow the model was no longer available in the US as of Nov. 27."

That's consistent with the US dates on the reservation lists.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I just queried the reservation to order ratio on the Tesla's Model 3 and the cancelation rate was 12%. Should be interesting if or when Ford releases numbers on the MME. Something else has piqued my curiosity which is that the build number being written about worldwide is 50K units. Does Ford plan to stop taking reservations or continue to accept reservations (and the $500) factoring in expected cancellations. If someone reserves a MME that doesn't get built in the first year will Ford continue to tag it as a 2021?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
And here's the other statement on when the FEs sold out:

"Well, that was pretty quick. Ford confirmed the Mustang Mach-E First Edition is sold out worldwide as of Dec. 30. Previously the automaker told Roadshow the model was no longer available in the US as of Nov. 27."

That's consistent with the US dates on the reservation lists.
Have you any info on what Ford expects to be able to produce per week/month at a fully operational plant in Mexico?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Remember that of the first 50,000 MachE, only 40%, 20,000 will be coming the US, the remaining 60% will be going to Europe.
I have read somewhere, but do not know if it is accurate, that out of the first 50,000, 10%, 5000 will be First Editions.

Again assuming this is accurate and if only 40% come to the US, that is 2000 First Editions for the US.
So the US First Edition will be somewhat unique or hopefully RARE!
I think that initial year deliveries is actually about 20,000 for the North America market and 30,000 for the Europe market.
Ford sells approximately 290,000 vehicles a year in Canada and around 60,000 to 70,000 in Mexico.
Some of the "First Editions" are going to end up North or South of the US.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I drove the Model S, 3, and Y earlier today with my wife as the passenger. We liked the S and 3 better that the Y. All performance models. The Y's ride was the roughest. Not bad, just not as smooth as the others. I like the space of the Y better than the 3. At 6'3", I had not problem with any of them. I do like the MME very much and have a strong feeling I'd like it better than any of the drives I took today. I also like the fact that you can get Android Auto and Apple Car Play in the MME. I would have a much harder time if the Teslas had those features. I'm not in an immediate need for a new car, so the wait is okay, but can only wait so long. It will be interesting to see what happens on June 22nd when they start the order process.
The Y AWD LR ride is pretty smooth and still pretty damn fast. I was really impressed with it. I'm just gunshy because Tesla does not take very good care of their customers if you have an issue.

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
I just queried the reservation to order ratio on the Tesla's Model 3 and the cancelation rate was 12%. Should be interesting if or when Ford releases numbers on the MME. Something else has piqued my curiosity which is that the build number being written about worldwide is 50K units. Does Ford plan to stop taking reservations or continue to accept reservations (and the $500) factoring in expected cancellations. If someone reserves a MME that doesn't get built in the first year will Ford continue to tag it as a 2021?
The reservations continue to climb. The last number I saw posted here was in the mid 60k’s. I have a sense that Ford will continue to take reservations as long as there are people taking interest.

With the battery cell availability being the main limiting factor as to why Ford only committed to 50k, that may no longer be the case. LG may be able to supply more battery cells to Ford, since many manufacturers have pushed off this year’s BEV production plans.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts