You are 5870 in the world but we believe the first 4000 were reserved for dealers and other special orders. When the reservation books opened, they appear to have started above 4000. However, they seemed to have been somewhat sequential but with simultaneous issue of 4000, 5000, and 6000 series reservations. Thus 6001 was probably reserved before well before 4999. Because reservations were coming in simultaneously for FEs, Premiums, Selects, Rt. 1s, and GTs, it makes it tough to figure out how many FEs were reserved.My number is 10005870: does that mean, assuming the numbers start at 4,000, I am 1870 in the US or 1870 in the World - if you know?
Have you any info on what Ford expects to be able to produce per week/month at a fully operational plant in Mexico?And here's the other statement on when the FEs sold out:
"Well, that was pretty quick. Ford confirmed the Mustang Mach-E First Edition is sold out worldwide as of Dec. 30. Previously the automaker told Roadshow the model was no longer available in the US as of Nov. 27."
It's too late to nab one of the First Edition models, but Ford shared some fun stats about what customers ordered.www.cnet.com
That's consistent with the US dates on the reservation lists.
I think that initial year deliveries is actually about 20,000 for the North America market and 30,000 for the Europe market.Remember that of the first 50,000 MachE, only 40%, 20,000 will be coming the US, the remaining 60% will be going to Europe.
I have read somewhere, but do not know if it is accurate, that out of the first 50,000, 10%, 5000 will be First Editions.
Again assuming this is accurate and if only 40% come to the US, that is 2000 First Editions for the US.
So the US First Edition will be somewhat unique or hopefully RARE!
The Y AWD LR ride is pretty smooth and still pretty damn fast. I was really impressed with it. I'm just gunshy because Tesla does not take very good care of their customers if you have an issue.I drove the Model S, 3, and Y earlier today with my wife as the passenger. We liked the S and 3 better that the Y. All performance models. The Y's ride was the roughest. Not bad, just not as smooth as the others. I like the space of the Y better than the 3. At 6'3", I had not problem with any of them. I do like the MME very much and have a strong feeling I'd like it better than any of the drives I took today. I also like the fact that you can get Android Auto and Apple Car Play in the MME. I would have a much harder time if the Teslas had those features. I'm not in an immediate need for a new car, so the wait is okay, but can only wait so long. It will be interesting to see what happens on June 22nd when they start the order process.
The reservations continue to climb. The last number I saw posted here was in the mid 60k’s. I have a sense that Ford will continue to take reservations as long as there are people taking interest.I just queried the reservation to order ratio on the Tesla's Model 3 and the cancelation rate was 12%. Should be interesting if or when Ford releases numbers on the MME. Something else has piqued my curiosity which is that the build number being written about worldwide is 50K units. Does Ford plan to stop taking reservations or continue to accept reservations (and the $500) factoring in expected cancellations. If someone reserves a MME that doesn't get built in the first year will Ford continue to tag it as a 2021?