Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgandy Velvet Platinum
338 Posts
Any idea on the daily production capability of a fully operational plant in Mexico

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
Any idea on the daily production capability of a fully operational plant in Mexico
Ford’s typical facility can produce about one vehicle in under a minute when running at full capacity with three shifts working. Or about 400,000 per year.
The thought of this is pretty impressive when you think about modern manufacturing. And will it be even quicker to build BEVs because they are simpler to assemble?

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgandy Velvet Platinum
338 Posts
The numbers are mind boggling since that's potentially reservations 4001 thru 4050 in the time that it takes me to get ready in the morning. I am impressed, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good luck on seeing your two colors in person. Unless you are waiting for a 2022 model year, the odds of seeing multiple in one dealership are very low (20,000 cars to US total, >2000 dealers). Your best bet will be brave souls who take their Mach Es to Mustang rallies (I'll be one of those).
To be clear, I'm not expecting them to have multiple models to look at. But if they don't have a model to test drive and actual color samples to look at, I will just wait.

·
Registered
24 Posts
To be clear, I'm not expecting them to have multiple models to look at. But if they don't have a model to test drive and actual color samples to look at, I will just wait.
For most colors, you can look at other Ford models. Chances are most dealers will get one demo - probably a Premium to show most features (much later this year).

81 - 88 of 88 Posts