Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
EVBite is reporting Ford lease terms for the Mach E this morning Mach E Lease

Still the old residual data based on the Options plan. “We are yet to see standard leasing residuals but have confirmed it will in fact be an option.

We are all waiting for the lease residual. Keep hunting!

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
927 Posts
Still the old residual data based on the Options plan. “We are yet to see standard leasing residuals but have confirmed it will in fact be an option.

We are all waiting for the lease residual. Keep hunting!
My take is that we'll get a firm residual from the dealer of an early MM E 'purchaser' who opts for the Red Carpet. I just can't see how it can be significantly different from a residual on the Option Plan unless Ford Credit doesn't pass on the $7500 tax credit.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
869 Posts
Just returned from my Ford dealer after looking at the MME: there were two: Rapid Red and blue. Both colors imo looked great.

The dealer had no information at all on financing or leasing. He thought, only a guess, that lease and finance terms would not be forthcoming until the cars start to be delivered.

If Evbite is correct it is Sayonara for me: A residual of 44% for 10K miles per year is a non starter.

Best interest rate of 5.4% is an insult to my intelligence.

Here is the way I look at the residual: If Ford does not have confidence in the resale value of the MME why should I?

The proposed residual of 44% is a vote of "No Confidence" by Ford.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Just returned from my Ford dealer after looking at the MME: there were two: Rapid Red and blue. Both colors imo looked great.

The dealer had no information at all on financing or leasing. He thought, only a guess, that lease and finance terms would not be forthcoming until the cars start to be delivered.

If Evbite is correct it is Sayonara for me: A residual of 44% for 10K miles per year is a non starter.

Best interest rate of 5.4% is an insult to my intelligence.

Here is the way I look at the residual: If Ford does not have confidence in the resale value of the MME why should I?

The proposed residual of 44% is a vote of "No Confidence" by Ford.

What about the vehicle, what are your thoughts and observations?

·
Registered
869 Posts
What about the vehicle, what are your thoughts and observations?
I drove over to the dealer in my Edge Sport:

I thought the car was very handsome. but a bit smaller than I expected. The red paint was perfect. All body parts were perfect. I immediately got used to pressing the button to open the doors. Actually felt quite natural.

In my Edge, I put my feet in first then my butt. In my Mercedes I put my but in first and then swing my feet in. In the MME it is butt first then swing feet in. The front seats were very comfortable. The tablet screen is incredible bright and crystal clear. I had plenty of headroom. I then went to the back seat and had room there as well.

However my overall impression is that the MME is not a big car: it is substantially smaller than my Edge. That was really apparent in the back seat. Plenty of room for two, but it would be quite tight for three. Before the Edge we had several Toyota RAV4's and the interior size of the MME felt smaller than the RAV4, more inline with the Escape.

The rear hatch was a bit of a disappointment: I am over 6 feet tall and the hatch did not go up as far as I would like it. You would have a hard time putting a set of golf clubs back there. It felt like a big trunk instead of the back of a SUV.

My impression is that the MME is a razed hatchback and not an SUV.

The person from Ford asked me what I thought: I replied that I do not know where the MME fits in. It is not a substitute for our Edge. He agreed. It certainly is not elegant like my Mercedes.

As I drove away I think I put my finger on it: the MME is Sporty and that is something for a four door to have achieved. But for me personally I have outgrown sporty or if I want sporty I would have kept our Porsche Boxster.

At this stage in my life I want practicality and value which the Edge does in spades. Our other car I want comfort and luxury - our Mercedes and before that BMW's and MDX (Acura). To my eye MME is not luxury.

Again only my opinion.

I my original posts I said that at the $55,000 to $60,000 price point the MME must provide a level of luxury. I do not think the MME has achieved this. Bottom line I thought the MME was a nice car but it just didn't "move me". At $45,000 with the Fed rebate of $7,500 there would be value. But I am not looking for "best value". I would rather pay $60/70,000 for luxury and comfort than $45,000 for value.

While the impression of the MME was fresh in my mind I decided to stop at the Tesla showroom to look at the Model Y. I remember driving the Model 3 and hated the tablet and minimalistic interior so I was prepared to really dislike the Model Y. I am also aware of the myriad of quality control problems with the Y so bad that Consumer Reports says to avoid the Y.

Boy was I surprised. Where I found the dash of the MME busy, I found the Y with the single piece of wood clean and elegant. I preferred the two cup holders between the seats with the smooth plastic to the busyness of the MME.

Simple put I found the Model Y different and appreciated that difference.

There was also substantially more leg room in the back. In both the MME and the Y I set the drivers seat and then got behind the seat. Hands down more room in the Y. While both cars have a fixed glass roof, the way the Model Y has it done, it is much more open - you really feel like you are outdoors.

As far as the trunk is concerned, here the Model Y is also better. The hatch goes way above my head. That makes loading boxes, etc easier plus the actual floor area seems bigger as well. I did not open the frunk of the Tesla. The funk in the MME did not have the partitions.

My overall impression is that in a completely different way the Model Y can be a substitute for my E class Mercedes. The MME is not. The Y has quiet serenity to it. The interior of the Y is different than the interior of any other car. I fully understand many will find it "cheap" and I would not disagree. But to my eye there is something different and nice about the interior.

Exterior of the Y is not as handsome as the MME.

I have not driven the MME and the driving experience might be significantly different and better than the Model Y.

That is for another day.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

I thought the car was very handsome. but a bit smaller than I expected. The red paint was perfect. All body parts were perfect. I immediately got used to pressing the button to open the doors. Actually felt quite natural.

In my Edge, I put my feet in first then my butt. In my Mercedes I put my but in first and then swing my feet in. In the MME it is butt first then swing feet in. The front seats were very comfortable. The tablet screen is incredible bright and crystal clear. I had plenty of headroom. I then went to the back seat and had room there as well.

However my overall impression is that the MME is not a big car: it is substantially smaller than my Edge. That was really apparent in the back seat. Plenty of room for two, but it would be quite tight for three. Before the Edge we had several Toyota RAV4's and the interior size of the MME felt smaller than the RAV4, more inline with the Escape.

The rear hatch was a bit of a disappointment: I am over 6 feet tall and the hatch did not go up as far as I would like it. You would have a hard time putting a set of golf clubs back there. It felt like a big trunk instead of the back of a SUV.

The person from Ford asked me what I thought: I replied that I do not know where the MME fits in. It is not a substitute for our Edge. He agreed. It certainly is not elegant like my Mercedes.

As I drove away I think I put my finger on it: the MME is Sporty and that is something for a four door to have achieved. But for me personally I have outgrown sporty or if I want sporty I would have kept our Porsche Boxster.

At this stage in my life I want practicality and value which the Edge does in spades. Our other car I want comfort and luxury - our Mercedes and before that BMW's and MDX (Acura). To my eye MME is not luxury.

Again only my opinion.

I my original posts I said that at the $55,000 to $60,000 price point the MME must provide a level of luxury. I do not think the MME has achieved this. Bottom line I thought the MME was a nice car but it just didn't "move me". At $45,000 with the Fed rebate of $7,500 there would be value. But I am not looking for "best value". I would rather pay $60/70,000 for luxury and comfort than $45,000 for value.

While the impression of the MME was fresh in my mind I decided to stop at the Tesla showroom to look at the Model Y. I remember driving the Model 3 and hated the tablet and minimalistic interior so I was prepared to really dislike the Model Y. I am also aware of the myriad of quality control problems with the Y so bad that Consumer Reports says to avoid the Y.

Boy was I surprised. Where I found the dash of the MME busy, I found the Y with the single piece of wood clean and elegant. I preferred the two cup holders between the seats with the smooth plastic to the busyness of the MME.

There was also substantially more leg room in the back. In both the MME and the Y I set the drivers seat and then got behind the seat. Hands down more room in the Y. While both cars have a fixed glass roof, the way the Model Y has it done, it is much more open - you really feel like you are outdoors.

As far as the trunk is concerned, here the Model Y is also better. The hatch goes way above my head. That makes loading boxes, etc easier plus the actual floor area seems bigger as well. I did not open the frunk of the Tesla. The funk in the MME did not have the partitions.

My overall impression is that in a completely different way the Model Y can be a substitute for my E class Mercedes. The MME is not. The Y has quiet serenity to it. The interior of the Y is different than the interior of any other car. I fully understand many will find it "cheap" and I would not disagree. But to my eye there is something different and nice about the interior.

I have not driven the MME and the driving experience might be significantly different and better than the Model Y.

That is for another day.

Thanks for your thoughts. Twelve months of waiting is a long time for what sounds like a disappointing "no deal" sorry that it didn't turn out better for you. My dealer is expecting Demos end of this month should be interesting. When I leased the Fusion I opted for the Platinum which was a one year model of the Titanium with ever option. Coming from an Audi S5 Convertible I was looking to maintain a level of comfort and 'luxury' and I haven't been disappointed. I really want to get into Mach E to see if it has the same 'feel'. I'm actually glad to hear that the Mach doesn't have a large feel. I'm over six feet but I was very hesitant about moving into a CUV from Coupes, Convertibles and Sedans. I'm anxiously waiting for word from my dealer. Will post when it occurs. Again thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts. Twelve months of waiting is a long time for what sounds like a disappointing "no deal" sorry that it didn't turn out better for you. My dealer is expecting Demos end of this month should be interesting. When I leased the Fusion I opted for the Platinum which was a one year model of the Titanium with ever option. Coming from an Audi S5 Convertible I was looking to maintain a level of comfort and 'luxury' and I haven't been disappointed. I really want to get into Mach E to see if it has the same 'feel'. I'm actually glad to hear that the Mach doesn't have a large feel. I'm over six feet but I was very hesitant about moving into a CUV from Coupes, Convertibles and Sedans. I'm anxiously waiting for word from my dealer. Will post when it occurs. Again thanks
We have been extremely satisfied with the Edge Sport which is the top of line, but more important has much better handling and suspension than the other Edges. To us it is worth the extra.

I have owned Audis as well. The Germans and English do luxury in different ways - take your pick. For me somehow American cars miss on luxury: The cars usually ride like a float, have soft cushy seats and interiors too busy for my eye. for example I look at the Cadillac XT5 and ask my self is it worth $10 grand more than my Edge Sport. I keep coming up with "no".

But American do make sporty and here I think the MME hits that mark.

I do not know your timetable, but with time Tesla will work out the quality control problems and they may already have done that. Unless the residuals and interest rates change the MME is off the table. The lease on my Mercedes ends 12/21 so I have time to wait.

Strongly suggest before you commit to the MME you check out the Model Y.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
107 Posts
@JTK44 I think thy had the hatch on the MachE 'set' at that height. I opened the hatch and it went almost 90% (or so it felt). The car would not have fit in my garage at the degree to which the rear hatch was open at the dealer. Usually you can 'freeze' the hatch at various points with a setting. I'm guessing that may be what was done.

·
Registered
869 Posts
@JTK44 I think thy had the hatch on the MachE 'set' at that height. I opened the hatch and it went almost 90% (or so it felt). The car would not have fit in my garage at the degree to which the rear hatch was open at the dealer. Usually you can 'freeze' the hatch at various points with a setting. I'm guessing that may be what was done.
Could be but do not think so: it was the same on both cars.

Let me be clear: I thought the MME was a very nice sporty car. No one will ever think that the Model Y is sporty.

But the deal killer way beyond breaker is the published lease rates.

My FE has a MSRP of $59,400. The lease for 36 months, 10K per month, 44% residual, interest @5.4 is $1146 per month. If there is a cap cost of $7,500 the monthly rate is $891. To this amount you must add taxes.

By comparison, the lease payment on my E450 Mercedes, MSRP $72,000, with taxes in, and no money down, is less than $900 a month.

See: Lease Calculator Mobile by LeaseGuide.com

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
We have been extremely satisfied with the Edge Sport which is the top of line, but more important has much better handling and suspension than the other Edges. To us it is worth the extra.

I have owned Audis as well. The Germans and English do luxury in different ways - take your pick. For me somehow American cars miss on luxury: The cars usually ride like a float, have soft cushy seats and interiors too busy for my eye. for example I look at the Cadillac XT5 and ask my self is it worth $10 grand more than my Edge Sport. I keep coming up with "no".

But American do make sporty and here I think the MME hits that mark.

I do not know your timetable, but with time Tesla will work out the quality control problems and they may already have done that. Unless the residuals and interest rates change the MME is off the table. The lease on my Mercedes ends 12/21 so I have time to wait.

Strongly suggest before you commit to the MME you check out the Model Y.

Just my opinion.

My son in law has a three and while I know it's an emotional reaction I can't get by the lack of an instrument panel. I've driven a Mod. S with the 'Ludicrous' (a very apt name) Mode and if the dash panel was similar it would better suit my tastes. I bought the Fusion at the end of the 24 month lease so I'm not pressed for time. I also have a build week of 7 Feb so I have plenty of time for feedback from the forum on their thoughts and experiences. On the off chance that I am disappointed when I actually drive the MM E I will sit tight and see what the future brings but Mr. Musk will have to make some major changes in his approach to quality and design for me to consider a Tesla, which by the way my daughter in law is 'chomping at the bit' to get after driving my daughter's Mod 3

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts

Again only my opinion.

That is for another day.

Thanks for sharing. Yes, the MMe should have been called a CUV from the start. Calling it an SUV puts forward certain expectations of size and cargo.

i found the MMe interior more appealing than the MY, but styling is subjective. The front seats in the MMe gave me a better driving position and didn’t crowd my right-leg like the MY did. The MY has more usable space, the MMe cargo room suffers a bit from its beautiful silhouette.

Looking forward to test drive comparisons!

PS - I think a short driver before you adjusted the rear hatch open height.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I read quite awhile back about the hatch opening height on the MY not having a stop sensor to halt it from striking a low overhead because it opened very wide. For the life of me I can't remember if it addressed the MM E

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Could be but do not think so: it was the same on both cars.

Let me be clear: I thought the MME was a very nice sporty car. No one will ever think that the Model Y is sporty.

But the deal killer way beyond breaker is the published lease rates.

My FE has a MSRP of $59,400. The lease for 36 months, 10K per month, 44% residual, interest @5.4 is $1146 per month. If there is a cap cost of $7,500 the monthly rate is $891. To this amount you must add taxes.

By comparison, the lease payment on my E450 Mercedes, MSRP $72,000, with taxes in, and no money down, is less than $900 a month.

See: Lease Calculator Mobile by LeaseGuide.com
Given that the Fed Rate is at 0% there's no chance in a million of me paying anyone 5.4% but my dealer said nothing is decided until the car is in the showroom so I'll wait and see.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My son in law has a three and while I know it's an emotional reaction I can't get by the lack of an instrument panel. I've driven a Mod. S with the 'Ludicrous' (a very apt name) Mode and if the dash panel was similar it would better suit my tastes. I bought the Fusion at the end of the 24 month lease so I'm not pressed for time. I also have a build week of 7 Feb so I have plenty of time for feedback from the forum on their thoughts and experiences. On the off chance that I am disappointed when I actually drive the MM E I will sit tight and see what the future brings but Mr. Musk will have to make some major changes in his approach to quality and design for me to consider a Tesla, which by the way my daughter in law is 'chomping at the bit' to get after driving my daughter's Mod 3

In business is has often been said that to get the best outcome "you must be willing to walk away from a deal".

Originally I thought the FE would be the first cars produced and as I posted it would be cool to have a car for a few months before anyone else.

Well we all know how that turned out - and how Ford basically "screwed" people who ordered the FE.

My wife keeps reminding me that I always preached "never buy the first year of production" and why have I forgotten that rule. She is of course correct.

For me the decision based on the residuals and MF is easy: I just walk away. Then in September when the lease on the Edge Sport ends, decide to buy it, because of Covid it will have less than 15,000 miles, get another or even possibly the MME or the Model 3.

Then in December I have the additional same opportunities when the Mercedes lease ends.

Waiting has it merits: The longer one waits, the more choices, the better range, lower prices and kinks in production are worked out.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
107 Posts
I read quite awhile back about the hatch opening height on the MY not having a stop sensor to halt it from striking a low overhead because it opened very wide. For the life of me I can't remember if it addressed the MM E
Found in MachE Owners manual just now:

SETTING THE LIFTGATE OPENING HEIGHT

1. Open the liftgate.
  1. Stop the liftgate movement by pressing the control button on the liftgate when it reaches the desired height.
Note: Once the liftgate stops moving, you can manually move it to the desired height.
  1. Press and hold the control button on the liftgate until a tone sounds, indicating programming is complete.
Note: You can only use the liftgate control button to program the height.
Note: You cannot program the height if the liftgate position is too low.
  1. The power liftgate now opens at the programmed height. To change the programmed height, repeat the steps.
Note: You can fully open the liftgate by manually pushing it upward to the maximum open position if it opens in a lower position.
Note: The system recalls the new programmed height until you reprogram it, even if you disconnect the battery.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

1. Open the liftgate.

1. Stop the liftgate movement by pressing the control button on the liftgate when it reaches the desired height.
Note: Once the liftgate stops moving, you can manually move it to the desired height.
  1. Press and hold the control button on the liftgate until a tone sounds, indicating programming is complete.
  1. The power liftgate now opens at the programmed height. To change the programmed height, repeat the steps.
Note: You can fully open the liftgate by manually pushing it upward to the maximum open position if it opens in a lower position.
Note: The system recalls the new programmed height until you reprogram it, even if you disconnect the battery.
I LOVE TECHNOLOGY🤓 Oh, and of course, if all else fails Read the Manual:geek:

·
Super Moderator
1,434 Posts
There is a sensor opening and closing, according to the manual.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
107 Posts

1. Open the liftgate.

I LOVE TECHNOLOGY🤓 Oh, and of course, if all else fails Read the Manual:geek:
Pics I took. I would consider this a high tailgate.

20201111_142303.jpg
20201111_142311.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts