Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Mach-E Losing CR Recommendation for Low Reliability

5K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  BackToFord 
If it was built before June of this year, do not take delivery until they replace the High Voltage Battery Junction Box. They issued a software recall to add a warning before complete failure so you could get it to the dealer. Mine failed over a month ago. It is still at the dealer with no ETA.

We couldn't agree more either! We are so glad you're enjoying your Mach-E!
I would really like to enjoy my car but it's been disabled since October 14th with a failed HVBJB. Ford calls me twice a week to tell me the dealer is still working on it. I went there yesterday to check it out. It's been sitting in the lot so long the calipers are rusted.

No dealer is going to replace the HVBJB before it fails, because Ford won't pay for it. And the date is 5/25/22 and forward.
End of May, June, I'm not going to quibble over four build days. This is a major problem. Especially for the GT and Premium models.

I got the BEV to order the HVBJB on the day of diagnosis, October 25th. They charged it to 100% and parked it. They received the HVBJB on November 2nd. My Securialert indicates that October 25th was the last time the door was opened.

I realize that cleaning the rotors is an easy process. This process can only be completed with wheels that move. It's just another flag that they haven't done squat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.