Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

With the news today that the Mach-E deliveries have been delayed in Europe, I reached out to Ford and they confirmed they are NOT delayed in the US and WILL arrive in 2020.

See the quote below:

"We expect to deliver the all-new Mustang Mach-E to U.S. customers late this year.
(Due to the additional transportation time, Ford is communicating the ’21 timing to their European customers.)"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone

With the news today that the Mach-E deliveries have been delayed in Europe, I reached out to Ford and they confirmed they are NOT delayed in the US and WILL arrive in 2020.

See the quote below:

"We expect to deliver the all-new Mustang Mach-E to U.S. customers late this year.
(Due to the additional transportation time, Ford is communicating the ’21 timing to their European customers.)"
Just reread your message...

I don't think that "NOT delayed" and "WILL arrive" work with "We expect to deliver". I don't see any certainty here.
Sorry to be annoying 😬

·
Registered
7 Posts
As Ford has a large interest in delivering in Europe in 2020 to avoid severe emissions penalties, I expect that US will be delayed too.
I think production is not resumed as they hoped for.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
329 Posts
As Ford has a large interest in delivering in Europe in 2020 to avoid severe emissions penalties, I expect that US will be delayed too.
I think production is not resumed as they hoped for.
Don't forget, production was not scheduled to start until June. They are still in pre-production. It is possible they can close up some time. However, the news that some critical tools are still in Michigan is the sort of thing that delays any catch-up -- the same can happen with parts supply chains.

N'oubliez pas que la production ne devait commencer qu'en juin. Ils sont toujours en pré-production. Il est possible qu'ils puissent fermer quelque temps. Cependant, la nouvelle que certains outils essentiels sont encore au Michigan est le genre de chose qui retarde tout rattrapage - la même chose peut arriver avec les chaînes d'approvisionnement de pièces.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just reread your message...

I don't think that "NOT delayed" and "WILL arrive" work with "We expect to deliver". I don't see any certainty here.
Sorry to be annoying 😬
At this point the best we can ask for is their expectation. However, those of us in the US have the advantage that Ford "expects to deliver" in 2020. For Europe that is now 2021.

·
Registered
92 Posts
At this point the best we can ask for is their expectation. However, those of us in the US have the advantage that Ford "expects to deliver" in 2020. For Europe that is now 2021.
For some reason I get the impression that the only reason why it isn't delayed in the US (or maybe all of NA), is that they don't have to go across the pond to get to their customers. The NA and EUR cars are getting produced a few months later than they were supposed to and coupled with the longer delivery time to EUR, that has moved it to next year.

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
I checked with Ford and CBP and they confirmed that they will not be utilizing the border tunnels in Nogales and Tijuana to speed up the delivery process. o_O
It is faster (and more cost effective) by cargo ship to US costal ports and then via railway/roadway, instead of trucking thousands of cars overland thousands of miles.
One big difference between delivering to the EU, is that US delivery can use smaller ships than those needed for cost-effective overseas travel.
Ford wants to build as many vehicles and sell them as fast as they can, supply chains allowing. This isn’t about favoritism, just practicality.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
It is faster (and more cost effective) by cargo ship to US costal ports and then via railway/roadway, instead of trucking thousands of cars overland thousands of miles.
One big difference between delivering to the EU, is that US delivery can use smaller ships than those needed for cost-effective overseas travel.
Ford wants to build as many vehicles and sell them as fast as they can, supply chains allowing. This isn’t about favoritism, just practicality.
Sorry for the bad joke(I worked the border for decades) the "Border Tunnels" that I was referencing are smuggling tunnels dug by the Cartels.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I checked with Ford and CBP and they confirmed that they will not be utilizing the border tunnels in Nogales and Tijuana to speed up the delivery process. o_O
Sorry for the bad joke(I worked the border for decades) the "Border Tunnels" that I was referencing are smuggling tunnels dug by the Cartels.
I got the joke and I thought it was funny!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't think Ford will be making US deliveries via ships. The Ford Plant just north Of Mexico City is located very favorable for US deliveries.
It is only a short 850 mile trip up to San Antonia, TX and a Los Angles delivery is only about 1800 miles --- That is about 500 miles shorter than a car or truck delivery from a Detroit,MI. plant.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I don't think Ford will be making US deliveries via ships. The Ford Plant just north Of Mexico City is located very favorable for US deliveries.
It is only a short 850 mile trip up to San Antonia, TX and a Los Angles delivery is only about 1800 miles --- That is about 500 miles shorter than a car or truck delivery from a Detroit,MI. plant.
Does SD designate San Diego?

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
Your right, I wasn’t clear. So let me try again.
Most Mach-e will likely come in by railway, the most cost-effective means possible. It could also be done by ship if needed, especially to the east coast.

After the vehicles reach their distribution hub by rail or ship, thats where the trucks come in. Trucks are typically the last-leg of the journey, usually around 250 miles. It’s just a logistical constant, because it is the most expensive method of transporting a vehicle per mile.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts