Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing rumors that Mach-E ordering has been delayed to June rather than originally starting in May. It sucks that we'll have to wait a little bit longer to actually place orders, but with everything that's going on with Coronavirus I'm sure we can all wait an extra month. Has anyone else heard similar rumors or anything from their dealer?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
299 Posts
Nope. Just the rumors you're describing from the other Forum and the feedback on both fora that people aren't hearing much of anything from their dealers yet.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Just the rumors you're describing from the other Forum and the feedback on both fora that people aren't hearing much of anything from their dealers yet.
Hmm that's interesting. Well if it is true, an extra month isn't exactly the end of the world if it means a smoother process for orders.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ford Norway has started letting people know that the Mach-E is getting delayed until June/July. It also says that deliveries start in November.

Ford Norway Email

·
Registered
299 Posts
For those who want a little more detail as I did, here's what Google translate does to the entire message. I'm sure there are significant improvements that a speaker of Norwegian could provide.

Update on Mustang Mach - E.

As you know, Mustang Mach - E offers very good range for the various configurations, and soon your own Mach - E is within reach too! Despite the challenging situation around the corona virus (covid - 19), we are now in full production planning and deliveries are scheduled to start in November 2020. To ensure the earliest possible delivery of your car, we recommend that you do not make changes to your pre-order, as this may result in some later production. If you still want to make changes, contact Ford customer service.

Final type-approval data and thus also final prices have been somewhat postponed as a consequence of covid - 19. As it looks now we expect this in place at the end of June / July, at this time you will also be asked to finally confirm your order, as well as have the opportunity to order accessories and apply for financing. We emphasize that you can safely keep your pre-order - you can cancel this free of charge at any time until you confirm your order.

·
Registered
87 Posts
For those who want a little more detail as I did, here's what Google translate does to the entire message. I'm sure there are significant improvements that a speaker of Norwegian could provide.

Update on Mustang Mach - E.

As you know, Mustang Mach - E offers very good range for the various configurations, and soon your own Mach - E is within reach too! Despite the challenging situation around the corona virus (covid - 19), we are now in full production planning and deliveries are scheduled to start in November 2020. To ensure the earliest possible delivery of your car, we recommend that you do not make changes to your pre-order, as this may result in some later production. If you still want to make changes, contact Ford customer service.

Final type-approval data and thus also final prices have been somewhat postponed as a consequence of covid - 19. As it looks now we expect this in place at the end of June / July, at this time you will also be asked to finally confirm your order, as well as have the opportunity to order accessories and apply for financing. We emphasize that you can safely keep your pre-order - you can cancel this free of charge at any time until you confirm your order.
Just as a reminder to those of us that are not Norwegian. The process may be different in your country. In the USA, we have not pre-ordered, we have only reserved. So the process is different, but the dates may very well be the same.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Man I was afraid I may have to wait longer if I change my reservation from standard to extended range. I guess I'll have to stay with the config I chose while reserving

·
Registered
299 Posts
Remember Stand E, that message is from Ford Norway where they took actual pre-orders. Ford stated earlier that changes in configuration could be accommodated when moving from reservations to orders. Whether that's still true or not we'll just have to see. It also may depend on the change.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm not surprised that this is coming out of Norway first. Europe is supposed to get the Mach-E first. (I reported on that and then Ford said both the US and Europe would get them at the same time after there was blowback). But the fact remains that the reason Europe is getting the Mach-E first is due to European rules about restricting vehicle sales unless Ford sells a BEV.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm not surprised that this is coming out of Norway first. Europe is supposed to get the Mach-E first. (I reported on that and then Ford said both the US and Europe would get them at the same time after there was blowback). But the fact remains that the reason Europe is getting the Mach-E first is due to European rules about restricting vehicle sales unless Ford sells a BEV.
Along with Norway, apparently the Netherlands are going to be a "high priority" for Mach-E deliveries in Europe.

(Translated from Dutch)

Netherlands is namely a high priority when it comes to delivery of the new Mustang Mach E . “Because the addition for electric cars will change to 12% again next year, the Netherlands has a sort of priority status when it comes to deliveries. And so we are confident that the Mustang Mach will appear in our country this year ”, says Sebastiaan van de Pol, PR manager of Ford Netherlands, to Autovisie.

·
Registered
436 Posts
At this point I am so excited about getting my first electric car that a test drive wouldn't change my mind. My first car was a 1971 Mustang so 50 YEARS later I am back in the family again !
I find that the 71's are always under appreciated compared to other years. What model was yours?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have no idea what model it was.... too long ago and I thought a Mustang was a Mustang ! I do remember I bought it used in the summer of 1974 for $1500

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At this point I am so excited about getting my first electric car that a test drive wouldn't change my mind. My first car was a 1971 Mustang so 50 YEARS later I am back in the family again !
What convinced you to finally get an electric car @GymGuy38? I'm always interested to see what hooks people about EVs.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts