Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of us here recently got the email from Ford saying that the order banks will open soon. Now we know when soon is: June 22nd.

At least that's how it looks from this doc I was just sent.

It may be June 30th.... with the order bank live on the 22nd but not send out to customers yet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Also I would be very curious to read the dealer "Playbook". Is Ford making a good effort to educate salespeople about electric vehicles? If anyone has a copy of this, please send it to me, I'd enjoy reading through it. In the past it has been frustrating to deal with salespeople who have not been trained about EVs. Not their fault really, people just need training. And if the Mach-E is going to sell well, the general American public walking into a Ford dealer will need a confident sales rep who knows how to explain EV basics.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgandy Velvet Platinum
335 Posts
Just coming back from general anesthesia and having my insides put back where they are supposed to be I'm confused which in my case is often. Will someone please define: Order Bank; Time to Order and being able to Order Online

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgandy Velvet Platinum
335 Posts
If you can place an order on 22 June why would you be notified eight days later when you can order

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you can place an order on 22 June why would you be notified eight days later when you can order
My guess is that this gives some time for salespeople to read up on the training materials, and pass their knowledge tests, before being inundated with visits and phone calls from folks when broad announcements are made on the 30th.

Also, I can't think of any reason for everyone to rush into ordering on the 22nd. I think we'll have at least a month, possibly quite a bit longer than that in some cases, to convert our reservations into orders before Ford would just give up on us and cancel and refund out the reservation.

We've been told that production order is based on trim levels first, and reservation (NOT order) time stamps second. So why rush to convert reservation into order?

·
Super Moderator
519 Posts
My thoughts:
  • June 22 - The Order Bank is the internal system that will show dealers our reservations as they turn to actual orders. The dealer can put in any new ‘walk-in’ reservations, or convert any activated reservations to orders for those of us that prefer to speak to a dealer. It is also the place the dealerships will ‘accept’ our online-orders. Opened earlier than the public page so dealerships can get familiar with it.
  • June 26 - The online order system is a modified ’build your own’ webpage that will allow reservation holders the ability to convert to orders (once the reservation is activated by Ford). People without reservations can now place reservations here. It is released early to make sure the thing doesn’t blow up under pressure.
  • June 30 - the date by which we are given our reservation activation dates. My guess is we will have a short window on whether to convert, defer, or cancel our reservations. Most likely before July 1.
again, just my thoughts. Which may all be incorrect.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that the confusions about final orders here in Germany are as present as they are on the other side of the pond.
About 4 weeks ago my ford dealer sent me an Email, that ford has unlocked their system to place final orders and that he needs me to confirm my final configuration (a Price list with options was released at the end of April in Germany). I wrote him back, mentioning my final configuration and received a contract to sign for about 2 weeks ago. I did that and he told me that the order was placed. All that in the middle of the Covid Peak and customers in Germany and Europe receiving emails regarding delays of delivery until early 2021. I don't know what to think about that. On a german forum for Mach E customers, I am one of only two guys, that were able to sign for an order. My Ford Dealer is near Frankfurt and considers to be the one of the largest dealerships in Europe.
But I still have that feeling that something isn't right. Are they making these contracts for not losing a customer over the long waiting period? Or is there more we don't know? The thing is, that in Germany you have a period of 14 days to revoke contracts.
You see... a lot of confusion here too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that the confusions about final orders here in Germany are as present as they are on the other side of the pond.
About 4 weeks ago my ford dealer sent me an Email, that ford has unlocked their system to place final orders and that he needs me to confirm my final configuration (a Price list with options was released at the end of April in Germany). I wrote him back, mentioning my final configuration and received a contract to sign for about 2 weeks ago. I did that and he told me that the order was placed. All that in the middle of the Covid Peak and customers in Germany and Europe receiving emails regarding delays of delivery until early 2021. I don't know what to think about that. On a german forum for Mach E customers, I am one of only two guys, that were able to sign for an order. My Ford Dealer is near Frankfurt and considers to be the one of the largest dealerships in Europe.
But I still have that feeling that something isn't right. Are they making these contracts for not losing a customer over the long waiting period? Or is there more we don't know? The thing is, that in Germany you have a period of 14 days to revoke contracts.
You see... a lot of confusion here too.
My reservation is also with a German dealer and I have received no communication whatsoever. Especially not about contracts or anything like that.

Can you please share the price list you mention or provide a link?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts