Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I called my dealer and they are unaware of any price drop . Looks like us Canadians might have to wait. We better not get forgotten on this. It's what I was waiting for and for them to ignore us would not make me very happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ID4 prices for Canadians not released yet. They are probably waiting for that. Just hope ID4 comes in cheap here and it'll be reflected for Mach-e probably...

·
Registered
88 Posts
ID4 prices for Canadians not released yet. They are probably waiting for that. Just hope ID4 comes in cheap here and it'll be reflected for Mach-e probably...
I hope not "Canada, customers will have to wait until early next summer (it will still be a 2021 model and not 2022) with pricing announced closer to launch."

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
725 Posts
As many of your noticed today, the Mach-E you ordered is now CHEAPER than you thought.

Very cool!

Here's the official details from Ford's dealer sheet.

View attachment 2585

View attachment 2588
View attachment 2589
View attachment 2590
Buried in the Q&A is the following question and answer:

Question:

Do I have to sell the vehicle at these adjusted MSRP?

Answer:

No. Ultimately dealers and customers will agree on the pricing.

Wow! That means all prices will be negotiable.

I do not know about others, but with prices being negotiable, I will never pay list price or MSRP!.

Buying now at MSRP instead of waiting 6 months might just wind up costing you thousands of dollars.

Clearly this is not the Tesla model, but the traditional dealership model.

·
Registered
Ordered First Edition MME in Rapid Red
23 Posts
It's great that they have dropped the price but it would have been nice to see the same amount across all models. Seems like us First Edition folks are getting the shaft on this one!

·
Registered
725 Posts
It's great that they have dropped the price but it would have been nice to see the same amount across all models. Seems like us First Edition folks are getting the shaft on this one!
I do have a First Edition ordered. But I will not allow myself to be "shafted".

Besides costing more than $3,000 than a similar equipped premium, what really bothers me is that the price between dealer and buyer may be negotiable.

If that is the case, I am going to wait.

Just my opinion, prices on all BEV will be coming down and drastically. The longer you wait, the better the price - just like computers.

If you can wait 6 months, the savings could and I think they will be, substantial.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can someone explain on the First Edition:

MSRP: $58,300
X-Plan: $57,409
Net Plan Piceing: $57,509

Is the X-Plan a savings of only $100?
Nope, the X-plan deduction is $891 on that vehicle.

MSRP: $58,300 X 2% = $1,166 deduction
- Handling Fee - $275
Net X-Plan Deduction = $891
Net Pricing: $58,300 - $891 = $57,409 + Dest & Deliv $1,100 = $58,509 Delivered

Probably also be a Ford Credit $1,000 financing Bonus if you go with Ford Credit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do have a First Edition ordered. But I will not allow myself to be "shafted".

Besides costing more than $3,000 than a similar equipped premium, what really bothers me is that the price between dealer and buyer may be negotiable.

If that is the case, I am going to wait.

Just my opinion, prices on all BEV will be coming down and drastically. The longer you wait, the better the price - just like computers.

If you can wait 6 months, the savings could and I think they will be, substantial.

if no one buys at list or whatever and ford ends up discounting and not making profit on EVs then they will pull funding and only work on ICE... Not saying its our problem but, we're affected.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow! That means all prices will be negotiable.

I do not know about others, but with prices being negotiable, I will never pay list price or MSRP!.

Buying now at MSRP instead of waiting 6 months might just wind up costing you thousands of dollars.
Unless a lot of orders get canceled, you won't see that savings in 2020/2021. Dealers aren't going to mark down a sold out product beyond whatever incentives Ford offers.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Nope, the X-plan deduction is $891 on that vehicle.

MSRP: $58,300 X 2% = $1,166 deduction
- Handling Fee - $275
Net X-Plan Deduction = $891
Net Pricing: $58,300 - $891 = $57,409 + Dest & Deliv $1,100 = $58,509 Delivered

Probably also be a Ford Credit $1,000 financing Bonus if you go with Ford Credit.
Not according to the chart and that is the reason for my question: From the chart:

If you go with X Plan the net cost is $57,409 + shipping, $1100
If you go with the incentive, $1,000, the net cost is $57,509 + shipping, $1100

Is the X Plan savings then only $100?

·
Registered
725 Posts
if no one buys at list or whatever and ford ends up discounting and not making profit on EVs then they will pull funding and only work on ICE... Not saying its our problem but, we're affected.
You either:

• Can't be serious; or
  • Are a major and I mean major stockholder in Ford!
The handwriting is on the wall: ICE are finished and those companies that do not produce competitive BEV are also finished.

It is Ford obligation to produce a competitive BEV.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Unless a lot of orders get canceled, you won't see that savings in 2020/2021. Dealers aren't going to mark down a sold out product beyond whatever incentives Ford offers.
Who said the product is sold out?

Up until a few weeks ago you could order the First Edition that was "sold out". I think with the price difference between the First Edition and the Premium now at over $3,000 many of those First Edition orders will not be converted into sales and will wind up on dealer lots.

You can go to Ford.com and order a MME. They are not sold out.

From the chart above, besides the reduction in prices, there already are $1000 incentives.

And most of all, from the question and answers, the final price is to be negotiated between the dealer and the buyer.

That does not strike me as a product that is "sold out."

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
@slvrsi - Ford has already committed billions, and promised billions more (investing in Canada too) in EV cars. They are not reverting back to an ICE only manufacturer.

@JTK44 - Its not sold out from what I can perceive. I believe Ford has exceeded its initial target of orders though.
Whether Ford can wrangle the dealerships and financing offerings to close these deals is another question.

@JTK44 - I think the price discrepancy is a typo. It looks like the FE dropped $1,000. Making the difference between a comparable Premium AWD/ER $3,600 instead of $1,600.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts