Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
VW is releasing pricing for canadian market summer 2021, thats 6 months they can take advantage. We'll see what they will do in the next couple of months. We're still 3 months away before the premium awd are released. Things can change but call me realistic in thinking that as a Canadian ill get screwed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If Ford chooses to charge Canadian customers a $4000 CDN premium over American customers because "Canadian market", they will lose sales to the competition. VW is promising the ID.4 will be available about the same date as the Mustang Mach E and of course, Teslas are available now. I've booked my test drive of a Model Y next week! I'll continue to shop as long as these cars are merely future promises and billing Canadians extra won't help attract customers.

It's a lot like the price of gas, which is based on what people are willing to pay. The last time the price of oil was at this level, gas was 86 cents per litre. Today it's $1.05. Another reason to go electric.
What is the markup on a Tesla in Canada these days? The Canadian dollar is worth .75 US, so a $4000 difference on a $50000 car doesn't seem outrageous, unless you expect Ford to take a loss to be in the market.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok so the Y is Purchase Price$69,990, MME Premium AWD 71,245. Tesla Y Lease is 720+tx/48months with 5250 Down, MME Lease is 946+tx/48months with 5250 down. See the problem?

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
208 Posts
I'm thinking the cargo space in the Model Y is much better. Trying to mentally picture cubic feet is no substitute for actually seeing it. The Mach E looked pretty small in a video I watched yesterday. Potential price gouging has inspired me to look around, even though I have to travel hundreds of miles to do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
received via facebook messenger "
The all-new Ford Mustang Mach-E is competitively priced for the Canadian market.
^SB" VW not releasing canadian prices might just have screwed me over. We'll wait and see but it might be as i feared.
We just need more 'competition' - ID 4.....

Then it'll get cheaper. so it seems that we just need to wait it out and not to take delivery before ID4 prices are announced (+ a few days).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I called my dealer and they are unaware of any price drop . Looks like us Canadians might have to wait. We better not get forgotten on this. It's what I was waiting for and for them to ignore us would not make me very happy.
The Canadian price for my Premium, extended battery, rapid red is $64.045.
The new US price is $52,400. At today's US rate of 0.75, the US car price is $69,866.
Even if we don't see a price change, the Canadian price is already lower.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
The new US price is $52,400. At today's US rate of 0.75, the US car price is $69,866.
Your math is backwards. The US price conversion to Canadian is $65.500. Actually higher than your price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your math is backwards. The US price conversion to Canadian is $65.500. Actually higher than your price.
The US price for my configuration (Premium + Extended battery + color) is 52,400 according to the ford website. This appears to reflect the price reduction. The rate is 1.33 so the US price is $69,866.
Did you take into account the extended battery and color.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
The US price for my configuration (Premium + Extended battery + color) is 52,400 according to the ford website. This appears to reflect the price reduction. The rate is 1.33 so the US price is $69,866.
Did you take into account the extended battery and color.
you configured $52,400 on the US site. So, if every US dollar is worth 1.33 Canadian, the converted Canadian price is $69.692.
you said your invoice was $64.045. So, you are getting it cheaper than the US price, even after the price drop.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
208 Posts
My dealer has quoted me $71,795 for the Premium, extended battery, AWD rapid red, which is the retail price according to the Ford Canada website. The American price today in Canadian dollars, with the price drop, is $66,017.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Comparing Both American and Canadian sites and using an exchange rate of 0.7 I can confirm that both Canadian and American prices are pretty much equal

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer has quoted me $71,795 for the Premium, extended battery, AWD rapid red, which is the retail price according to the Ford Canada website. The American price today in Canadian dollars, with the price drop, is $66,017.
Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. The CDN price you are quoting of $71,795 includes $2,000 for fees (delivery and AC tax) making a net cost $69,795 that converts to $52,520 US. The new US price list price for a Premium AWD, extended battery plus rapid red is $55,100. I don’t expect any reduction in the CDN list price.

·
Registered
90 Posts
the 55100$ includes similar delivery fees which is why i included the 2k$ cdn. The us and cdn MSRP are equal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Should also add that the above does not include any sales tax or rebates and conversion rates are $1.00 CDN = $0.75 US and $1.00 US = $1.33 CDN

41 - 60 of 101 Posts