Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
you configured $52,400 on the US site. So, if every US dollar is worth 1.33 Canadian, the converted Canadian price is $69.692.
you said your invoice was $64.045. So, you are getting it cheaper than the US price, even after the price drop.
That is correct. It some time turn out that way. They have to set a price when they announce the car. It is based on their estimate of the exchange rate. The Canadian dollar is weaker than what they expected, so it cost Ford Canada more to bring the car in, but I have a firm price contract.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is correct. It some time turn out that way. They have to set a price when they announce the car. It is based on their estimate of the exchange rate. The Canadian dollar is weaker than what they expected, so it cost Ford Canada more to bring the car in, but I have a firm price contract.
Gilles I don't understand, where did you go I went to Fortier. They Quoted me in June 65244$ for a premium awd, then added 7000 for the extended battery. When did you go and how much did they charge you before the extended battery? Did they have a price list? Obviously my price is cheaper now but still that's a pretty big screw up for them on your side.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It looks like the Premium AWD extended range now comes in at $54.700, my minimum configuration for any EV. It qualifies for the NJ rebate of $5.000, but no metallic paint or other option that might appear later like optional wheels or features that are included in the first edition that might make it on a future option list.

$42.200 no sales tax puts it in contention for me with the Model Y $44,900 no sales tax, VW ID4 37,175 no sales tax, and the unknown price of the Audi Q4. (I sold my second car, an Audi Q5 because of retirement and low use due to the virus. I plan on replacing it with an EV mid-sized crossover next fall.)

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,158 Posts
It looks like the Premium AWD extended range now comes in at $54.700, my minimum configuration for any EV. It qualifies for the NJ rebate of $5.000, but no metallic paint or other option that might appear later like optional wheels or features that are included in the first edition that might make it on a future option list.

$42.200 no sales tax puts it in contention for me with the Model Y $44,900 no sales tax, VW ID4 37,175 no sales tax, and the unknown price of the Audi Q4. (I sold my second car, an Audi Q5 because of retirement and low use due to the virus. I plan on replacing it with an EV mid-sized crossover next fall.)
I have driven the Audi eTron. Very, very nice car but overpriced and range too low. There are sitting on dealer's lots begging for a buyer.

i think the Audi Q4 will be, like the eTron, upscale but with 300 plus range, but smaller similar to the size of the MME and Model Y and hopefully slightly bigger than the Q5.

The EV's from Audi offset the ICE A8, Q7 and A6 for EPA requirements. To sell the Q4 I believe their will be aggressive lease options.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have driven the Audi eTron. Very, very nice car but overpriced and range too low. There are sitting on dealer's lots begging for a buyer.

i think the Audi Q4 will be, like the eTron, upscale but with 300 plus range, but smaller similar to the size of the MME and Model Y and hopefully slightly bigger than the Q5.

The EV's from Audi offset the ICE A8, Q7 and A6 for EPA requirements. To sell the Q4 I believe their will be aggressive lease options.

I generally agree. My local dealer just plain can't sell the eTron because of price, and it doesn't even have decent range at that price. On the other side of the scale my $40,000 2019 Q3 is a really nice, roomy, fun car to drive, and around $9.000 cheaper than the Q5 that I sold. With the MEB platform and specs, and working up from the Q3, Audi has a chance to get in the EV market competitive with the ones I'm looking at IF they have the sense to do it. There is room in pricing to make it more desirable than the ID4, and still be competitive. I'll wait and see, I have until next fall. Presently the Model Y has the edge for me based on performance and tech.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So i went to see my dealer today just to talk to the salesman because I noticed that the price he quoted me was more than the advertised price online. He told me that even though he quoted me a price at the time of the reservation that the final price will be determined at the price of delivery which is understandable. Therefore if your price is more or less than what it is at the delivery time it will be adjusted. Also he told me that he will be receiving the demos and FE's end of november, and that because I was still one of the first ones to order from his dealership (june reservation) that there is a good posibility I will get it in January but we'll see. I take it all with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
208 Posts
What is the markup on a Tesla in Canada these days? The Canadian dollar is worth .75 US, so a $4000 difference on a $50000 car doesn't seem outrageous, unless you expect Ford to take a loss to be in the market.
The Tesla Model Y is listed at $69.990 in Canada

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
208 Posts
From the new price chart, I can't determine if there is pricing for the extended range battery model, only seeing AWD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gilles I don't understand, where did you go I went to Fortier. They Quoted me in June 65244$ for a premium awd, then added 7000 for the extended battery. When did you go and how much did they charge you before the extended battery? Did they have a price list? Obviously my price is cheaper now but still that's a pretty big screw up for them on your side.
The current price on the web for the premium RWD is $60,745 and AWD $64,245 It is higher than what I paid but may include freight and AC tax($1,950).
I went to Donway Ford (Toronto) in March. My order has a base price of $59,495, for driver code K3P Premium RWD.
They added $7,000 for extended range battery, $550 for rapid red and $350 for interior protection package.
They also gave me a fantastic discount (so it was not sold at full retail price) of $2.00
So the total was $67,393.
On top of that, they added freight and several taxes, bringing the total to $78,399.59
The HST tax will be reduced if I trade my Volt.
Unfortunately, no government rebate applies to this order, as the price is too high for the federal rebate and our conservative government cancelled the provincial rebate.

For my American friends, the total price I have to pay translates to $58,799.69 US.

·
Super Moderator
1,877 Posts
The current price on the web for the premium RWD is $60,745 and AWD $64,245 It is higher than what I paid but may include freight and AC tax($1,950).
I went to Donway Ford (Toronto) in March. My order has a base price of $59,495, for driver code K3P Premium RWD.
They added $7,000 for extended range battery, $550 for rapid red and $350 for interior protection package.
They also gave me a fantastic discount (so it was not sold at full retail price) of $2.00
On top of that, they added freight and several taxes, bringing the total to $78,399.59
Unfortunately, no government rebate applies to this order, as the price is too high for the federal rebate and our conservative government cancelled the provincial rebate.

For my American friends, the total price I have to pay translates to $58,799.69 US.
The price from the US site as you have specified (Premium, RWD, ER, paint, and interior protection) would be 53,740 including destination and delivery. No taxes or other fees included.
would your taxes and other fees make up the $5,000 US difference in price?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The price from the US site as you have specified (Premium, RWD, ER, paint, and interior protection) would be 53,740 including destination and delivery. No taxes or other fees included.
would your taxes and other fees make up the $5,000 US difference in price?
If definitely would the taxes are 13.5% where he is.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Gilles so why did you say your bill was $64.045 when its $67,393.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I also drove the Audi eTron. I always thought they were priced high - particularly with the lower range they have. But they are very nice - and seem to be very popular in Europe. There seemed to be lots of start-up issues with those vehicles, and some still continue to appear. I have not looked at the Model Y, and I don't think I would get a Tesla based on where I live (western NC) and the added hardship in getting one serviced. The build quality on the Audi sounds like it is superior to Tesla. I currently have a reservation for a First Edition, and I'm looking forward to actually seeing one some day. :D I expect it will be just what I am looking for, although I am hopeful there are not so many issues the first year as what I have read about the eTron. Ford really needs to hit a home run with the Mach-E.
I also put a reservation in for a VW ID.4. However AWD (which I need) will not be available until summer 2021. Though if I end up happy with the Mach-E, I will take a pass on the VW.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
113 Posts
I drive a 2018 Audi Q5 Premium. I'll never own another Audi again. Audi nickel and dimes you on EVERYTHING. I'm sure they have found a way to do the same on their EVs. Never again. (I do love the Q5 though).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also drove the Audi eTron. I always thought they were priced high - particularly with the lower range they have. But they are very nice - and seem to be very popular in Europe. There seemed to be lots of start-up issues with those vehicles, and some still continue to appear. I have not looked at the Model Y, and I don't think I would get a Tesla based on where I live (western NC) and the added hardship in getting one serviced. The build quality on the Audi sounds like it is superior to Tesla. I currently have a reservation for a First Edition, and I'm looking forward to actually seeing one some day. :D I expect it will be just what I am looking for, although I am hopeful there are not so many issues the first year as what I have read about the eTron. Ford really needs to hit a home run with the Mach-E.
I also put a reservation in for a VW ID.4. However AWD (which I need) will not be available until summer 2021. Though if I end up happy with the Mach-E, I will take a pass on the VW.
I am curious as to why you need AWD in NC? I am happy with RWD in snowy Toronto. My wife has a camaro and use to have mustangs. You need to put some weight in the trunk in winter but I don't think that will be required with the Mach-e as the extended range battery shift the weight back.
I will find soon as I have a build date of "Week of Nov.16". So I should get it before Christmas.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am curious as to why you need AWD in NC? I am happy with RWD in snowy Toronto. My wife has a camaro and use to have mustangs. You need to put some weight in the trunk in winter but I don't think that will be required with the Mach-e as the extended range battery shift the weight back.
I will find soon as I have a build date of "Week of Nov.16". So I should get it before Christmas.
More torque?

61 - 80 of 101 Posts