Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Mach-e Price Reductions: All the details

33K views 122 replies 29 participants last post by  MachDrive 
#1 · (Edited)
As many of your noticed today, the Mach-E you ordered is now CHEAPER than you thought.

Very cool!

Here's the official details from Ford's dealer sheet.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
#11 ·
Buried in the Q&A is the following question and answer:

Question:

Do I have to sell the vehicle at these adjusted MSRP?

Answer:

No. Ultimately dealers and customers will agree on the pricing.

Wow! That means all prices will be negotiable.

I do not know about others, but with prices being negotiable, I will never pay list price or MSRP!.

Buying now at MSRP instead of waiting 6 months might just wind up costing you thousands of dollars.

Clearly this is not the Tesla model, but the traditional dealership model.

#16 ·
Wow! That means all prices will be negotiable.

I do not know about others, but with prices being negotiable, I will never pay list price or MSRP!.

Buying now at MSRP instead of waiting 6 months might just wind up costing you thousands of dollars.
Unless a lot of orders get canceled, you won't see that savings in 2020/2021. Dealers aren't going to mark down a sold out product beyond whatever incentives Ford offers.

#13 ·
I do have a First Edition ordered. But I will not allow myself to be "shafted".

Besides costing more than $3,000 than a similar equipped premium, what really bothers me is that the price between dealer and buyer may be negotiable.

If that is the case, I am going to wait.

Just my opinion, prices on all BEV will be coming down and drastically. The longer you wait, the better the price - just like computers.

If you can wait 6 months, the savings could and I think they will be, substantial.

#20 ·
@slvrsi - Ford has already committed billions, and promised billions more (investing in Canada too) in EV cars. They are not reverting back to an ICE only manufacturer.

@JTK44 - Its not sold out from what I can perceive. I believe Ford has exceeded its initial target of orders though.
Whether Ford can wrangle the dealerships and financing offerings to close these deals is another question.

@JTK44 - I think the price discrepancy is a typo. It looks like the FE dropped $1,000. Making the difference between a comparable Premium AWD/ER $3,600 instead of $1,600.

#22 ·
@slvrsi - Ford has already committed billions, and promised billions more (investing in Canada too) in EV cars. They are not reverting back to an ICE only manufacturer.
100% agreement. Now it is up to Ford to make sure the MME is competitive. Remember the price reductions came within days of VW announcement of the ID4 with 250 mile range priced at under $40,000.
@JTK44 - Its not sold out from what I can perceive. I believe Ford has exceeded its initial target of orders though.
Whether Ford can wrangle the dealerships and financing offerings to close these deals is another question.
I posted that without a competitive lease deal I will not convert my order to a sale. Now without a further reduction in the price of FE, as you posted below the differential is now $3,600, hard to justify that additional cost
@JTK44 - I think the price discrepancy is a typo. It looks like the FE dropped $1,000. Making the difference between a comparable Premium AWD/ER $3,600 instead of $1,600.
From everything I have read, the price reduction on the FE is only $1,000. It will be interesting to see how many orders for FE are actually converted into sales. My gut tells me that there may be more than a few FE on the dealer's lot available for immediate sale.

#23 ·
Here's my calculation on effective pricing of my MME:

Premium AWD LR (space white) MSRP - $54,700 (found out by trying to place new order)

Federal Tax Credit - ($7,500)
NJ EV rebate - ($5,000)
NJ Sales Tax exemption @ 6.625% - ($3,625)

Total savings - ($16,125)

Effective MSRP compared to combustion engine - $38,575

The price has just become a lot more reasonable to me. Makes it really difficult to switch to GT now !!

#24 ·
The only issue I have with everyone's math is the inclusion of the Tax credit in it's full amount. Due to the financing options and no lease, you cannot factor the Tax credit into the cost.

Assuming you receive the car after Jan 1 2021 - You won't even see this credit until year 2 and change, assuming you receive the entirety of the credit. Without a "true" lease, the $7,500 becomes a mute point as to my knowledge, it cannot be applied since no one can predict how much of it the buyer will receive.

So you're numbers should look like this:

Premium AWD LR (space white) MSRP - $54,700 (found out by trying to place new order)

Federal Tax Credit - N/A year 1
NJ EV rebate - ($5,000)
NJ Sales Tax exemption @ 6.625% - ($3,625)

Total savings - ($8,625)

Effective MSRP compared to combustion engine - $46,075
Year 2 savings of up to $7,500.

Am I wrong on this? This feels more like a solar loan where you don't feel the credit until the next years taxes, but the 7500 is not guaranteed in it's full amount. Unlike the Solar where the % is guaranteed and can be applied to the loan to keep payments down.

#36 ·
I think the price cuts, along with the Federal Tax Credit make the MachE more than competitive. Add to that the new performance reveals this week, and the MachE just became a great value compared to what's out there (or even going to be out there). The ID4 is boring. Tesla just got ranked worst quality vehicle only to be beaten by the legendary Land Rover who has remained King for years. Ford won't have the fit and finish issues that plague Tesla. The MachE is in a different class than the ID4. I think Ford is sitting in a good position with the changes and information that came out this week.

#40 ·
If Ford chooses to charge Canadian customers a $4000 CDN premium over American customers because "Canadian market", they will lose sales to the competition. VW is promising the ID.4 will be available about the same date as the Mustang Mach E and of course, Teslas are available now. I've booked my test drive of a Model Y next week! I'll continue to shop as long as these cars are merely future promises and billing Canadians extra won't help attract customers.

It's a lot like the price of gas, which is based on what people are willing to pay. The last time the price of oil was at this level, gas was 86 cents per litre. Today it's $1.05. Another reason to go electric.

#41 ·
VW is releasing pricing for canadian market summer 2021, thats 6 months they can take advantage. We'll see what they will do in the next couple of months. We're still 3 months away before the premium awd are released. Things can change but call me realistic in thinking that as a Canadian ill get screwed.

#44 ·
I'm thinking the cargo space in the Model Y is much better. Trying to mentally picture cubic feet is no substitute for actually seeing it. The Mach E looked pretty small in a video I watched yesterday. Potential price gouging has inspired me to look around, even though I have to travel hundreds of miles to do it.

#63 ·
It looks like the Premium AWD extended range now comes in at $54.700, my minimum configuration for any EV. It qualifies for the NJ rebate of $5.000, but no metallic paint or other option that might appear later like optional wheels or features that are included in the first edition that might make it on a future option list.

$42.200 no sales tax puts it in contention for me with the Model Y $44,900 no sales tax, VW ID4 37,175 no sales tax, and the unknown price of the Audi Q4. (I sold my second car, an Audi Q5 because of retirement and low use due to the virus. I plan on replacing it with an EV mid-sized crossover next fall.)

#64 ·
It looks like the Premium AWD extended range now comes in at $54.700, my minimum configuration for any EV. It qualifies for the NJ rebate of $5.000, but no metallic paint or other option that might appear later like optional wheels or features that are included in the first edition that might make it on a future option list.

$42.200 no sales tax puts it in contention for me with the Model Y $44,900 no sales tax, VW ID4 37,175 no sales tax, and the unknown price of the Audi Q4. (I sold my second car, an Audi Q5 because of retirement and low use due to the virus. I plan on replacing it with an EV mid-sized crossover next fall.)
I have driven the Audi eTron. Very, very nice car but overpriced and range too low. There are sitting on dealer's lots begging for a buyer.

i think the Audi Q4 will be, like the eTron, upscale but with 300 plus range, but smaller similar to the size of the MME and Model Y and hopefully slightly bigger than the Q5.

The EV's from Audi offset the ICE A8, Q7 and A6 for EPA requirements. To sell the Q4 I believe their will be aggressive lease options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.