Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford has indicated that battery supply will limit their first year Mach-E production to only about 50,000 units.

I would guess that a new modern line like they will have set up for this vehicle will easily be able to run at a production rate of at least 4,000 per week.

So, depending at what rate the batteries arrive at, they could complete this 50,000 unit run in only a little over 12 weeks or 3 months.

Will be interesting to see how Ford handles this --- maybe run the line at about 25% capacity or little over a 1,000 per week until
late Spring with First Edition, Premium and Select Model deliveries.
Then make a few tweeks to the line for the GT Models to complete the 50,000 units and keep a slow production rate going over the entire 52 weeks.

I’m already getting anxious waiting for my First Edition arriving.:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ford has indicated that battery supply will limit their first year Mach-E production to only about 50,000 units.

I would guess that a new modern line like they will have set up for this vehicle will easily be able to run at a production rate of at least 4,000 per week.

So, depending at what rate the batteries arrive at, they could complete this 50,000 unit run in only a little over 12 weeks or 3 months.

Will be interesting to see how Ford handles this --- maybe run the line at about 25% capacity or little over a 1,000 per week until
late Spring with First Edition, Premium and Select Model deliveries.
Then make a few tweeks to the line for the GT Models to complete the 50,000 units and keep a slow production rate going over the entire 52 weeks.

I’m already getting anxious waiting for my First Edition arriving.:)
Battery production will run 24/7 at a special line just for Ford at LG's Poland plant. Battery production will be shared with the Transit van so I doubt that all that battery production can be done in 3 months unless they start another production line or increase the speed of the current line. Full capacity of the line was done for cost reasons.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Apparently for the year after they will add another plant for increased production. The Poland plant is exclusive to Ford ONLY. By running 24/7 will keep the costs to the minimum thereby making the car profitable from day 1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts