Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, we have recently obtained documents further confirming the October production start date for the Mustang Mach-E. A slide showing the projected monthly production numbers for all of Ford's models now has the Mach-E listed with a production of 3,200 units in October and 4.000 in November. Unfortunately, it doesn't go any further than that, so we cannot tell how quickly the production rate will rise, but 4,000/month already almost gets Ford to their 50,000/year mark.

Ford Mustang Mach E Looks to Start Production This October

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
689 Posts
Hi all, we have recently obtained documents further confirming the October production start date for the Mustang Mach-E. A slide showing the projected monthly production numbers for all of Ford's models now has the Mach-E listed with a production of 3,200 units in October and 4.000 in November. Unfortunately, it doesn't go any further than that, so we cannot tell how quickly the production rate will rise, but 4,000/month already almost gets Ford to their 50,000/year mark.

Ford Mustang Mach E Looks to Start Production This October
If things are based on reservation/order number I won't have to worry about driving a MMe this winter. In fact it could be 18 months from my reservation maybe summer of 2021 before I get mine. Very depressing! However, I probably won't have to worry about early production glitches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If things are based on reservation/order number I won't have to worry about driving a MMe this winter. In fact it could be 18 months from my reservation maybe summer of 2021 before I get mine. Very depressing! However, I probably won't have to worry about early production glitches.
You're getting a Premium correct? How late can a delivery be before its a different model year? At that point, just upgrade me to the MME '22 lol

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
You're getting a Premium correct? How late can a delivery be before its a different model year? At that point, just upgrade me to the MME '22 lol
Correct, it's a Premium ER RWD which I reserved in Feb and converted in June

·
Registered
7 Posts
I keep seeing the term 'converted', but since I have heard nothing from my dealer I don't know what that means. I placed my reservation for a Premium RWD on 8/11 and got order number 10385297. I have no way of knowing if that is good or bad. Guess I ought to talk to my dealer.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
I keep seeing the term 'converted', but since I have heard nothing from my dealer I don't know what that means. I placed my reservation for a Premium RWD on 8/11 and got order number 10385297. I have no way of knowing if that is good or bad. Guess I ought to talk to my dealer.
I'm using converted to mean that my reservation placed in Feb was sent to my dealer as an order in June and the dealer accepted the order. On Ford.com you should see two green check marks if it was done on line. If you did it thru the dealer then all should be in place.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I made the reservation in February as well and converted it to an order as soon in June also. Presuming the 70 to 80,000 confirmed orders is a correct number (from elsewhere), I honestly do not expect to see my MME until August 2021.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
I made the reservation in February as well and converted it to an order as soon in June also. Presuming the 70 to 80,000 confirmed orders is a correct number (from elsewhere), I honestly do not expect to see my MME until August 2021.
Speaking of flights, not certain how old you are or if you are a movie buff like me but a fun movie about Hawaii to SFO from 1954, The High and the Mighty. They do it in a DC 4 and unfortunately the writers didn't realize that Hawaii while not yet a state was not subject to Immigration controls to fly to the Mainland.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue First Edition
10 Posts
This is great news. I saw some early reports that pegged production to start in late October, so this makes it sound like they are going earlier in the month. You have to figure that the first months production is all demo cars. The way things are lining up for me, it is way more advantageous if I can get the car in 2020. My reservation is 10607 and I made the switch to an FE last month. The way things are shaping up I might have a good shot for a nice Christmas gift for myself.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
This is great news. I saw some early reports that pegged production to start in late October, so this makes it sound like they are going earlier in the month. You have to figure that the first months production is all demo cars. The way things are lining up for me, it is way more advantageous if I can get the car in 2020. My reservation is 10607 and I made the switch to an FE last month. The way things are shaping up I might have a good shot for a nice Christmas gift for myself.
I wish you a Merry Christmas I'm hoping for a Happy 4th of July 2021

·
Registered
91 Posts
Speaking of flights, not certain how old you are or if you are a movie buff like me but a fun movie about Hawaii to SFO from 1954, The High and the Mighty. They do it in a DC 4 and unfortunately the writers didn't realize that Hawaii while not yet a state was not subject to Immigration controls to fly to the Mainland.
"The High & The Mighty" is every copilot's favorite airplane movie as it's the copilot in that flight, John Wayne, who saves the day. We've had it on DVD since it was finally released and watch it upon occasion. Its release on tape or DVD was delayed for many years due to problems with the Wayne and (Earnest K.) Gann estates. My favorite part? Two: Ocean Station November, which was still in existence when I began my career, and the landing at "Mills Field" which was the original name for San Francisco International.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Before everyone gets too excited, that is an undated slide of unknown provenance. That could very well have been the plan back in January before Covid was on anyone's radar in north america. The very latest insider info I've seen would suggest the slide in the OP is outdated/incorrect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before everyone gets too excited, that is an undated slide of unknown provenance. That could very well have been the plan back in January before Covid was on anyone's radar in north america. The very latest insider info I've seen would suggest the slide in the OP is outdated/incorrect.
This was shown and referred to just last week through Ford's internal weekly dealer briefings. September 3rd, to be exact.

·
Super Moderator
999 Posts
If you say so, but it seems optimistic compared to what I've seen elsewhere from those directly involved in cautatlan.
Not so much, they are in line with the 10k target for 2020, assuming they run 3000 more units over the first three weeks of December (they usually shut down the last week of the year).

The Cuautitlan plant can produce three to four times more vehicles per week. There is either: 1) supply constraints preventing them from increasing production, or 2) they are reserving the bulk of finalized MMe sales to bolster Q1, 2021 earnings, since they already wrote off 2020 as a loss year.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not so much, they are in line with the 10k target for 2020, assuming they run 3000 more units over the first three weeks of December (they usually shut down the last week of the year).

The Cuautitlan plant can produce three to four times more vehicles per week. There is either: 1) supply constraints preventing them from increasing production, or 2) they are reserving the bulk of finalized MMe sales to bolster Q1, 2021 earnings, since they already wrote off 2020 as a loss year.
There are no plans to add a third shift. The car is about 60% oversubscribed with confirmed orders according to reports. Combine those two and the conclusion is that parts are a huge constraint. Last I read, Ford was hoping to build 70,000 MME's by the end of 2021 including any built this year. That potentially is still short of the 80,000 number bandied about.

It'll be interesting to see how things ramp up and when cars are actually delivered both in NA and Europe.

Honestly, there's just so much we don't know. Almost nothing would surprise me about anything this year at this point.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ocean Station November
Yep, you have been around for awhile --- I can still remember navigating across the North Pacific on Loran Station Chain signals.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep, you have been around for awhile --- I can still remember navigating across the North Pacific on Loran Station Chain signals.
I’m a second generation airline pilot. Plus Ocean Station November was around into the very early 1980’s so I haven’t .... oh wait, yeah I have been around for awhile.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts