Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good news for Ford MX if true.
I really want to see an infinite blue model out in the wild before I am invited to confirm my order very soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stumbled across these online. They're allegedly, the first photos of a production model Mach-E from the plant in Mexico. I've reached out to my contact at Ford to see if they can confirm this is legit.

Seems too early for a production model...

View attachment 791

View attachment 792

The plant published this on Facebook om February 17th. I haven't translated it

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
43 Posts
Have we seen a show or test vehicle with that front license plate holder? Glad there is no front plate in PA!

·
Banned
3 Posts
NOT a production model. You think they're going to quietly let the first production vehicles roll off the line without a big celebration and press release? Come on now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am going to say that it is a production model. Why that is, because the cleanliness, still has the factory label on the rearview mirror, they have pre installed the front plate bracket for some USA deliveries. Also as one person has commented the car is way too clean to be a pre production proto-type. I do believe that might be one of the first actual production models out their and perhaps someone who was at the factory or someone just walking by happen to see it and took a picture of it.

I would think that it is getting close for the production to actually start so they have the amount of vehicles to deliver at the end of the 4th quarter which is what they projected. Remember these vehicles are imports so they need to go thru customs before being delivered. So they start the production now so then by I say August they will start to ship them to USA and Europe, then they go thru customs for however long that takes, then after that they get shipped to different dealers around the end of NOvember or the Beginning of December for the dealer to prep for delivery.

While if going to Europe will spend about a week or more on a boat to a dock, then inspected a month later, then gradually start delivering I say closer to end of December for Europe.

All in all I am getting at this is they time for them to start production slowly so they can gradually ramp up this is not Tesla Production He$$ this is Ford doing things correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm pretty certain I've seen several interviews with Ford representatives where they said reservation holders would have an opportunity to drive a Mach E before formalizing their actual orders at the dealer. Combined with the fact the order books will open this Spring, and allowing for shipping times, it does make sense that this could be a production model - albeit a low rate production model.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm pretty certain I've seen several interviews with Ford representatives where they said reservation holders would have an opportunity to drive a Mach E before formalizing their actual orders at the dealer. Combined with the fact the order books will open this Spring, and allowing for shipping times, it does make sense that this could be a production model - albeit a low rate production model.
I will agree except I think this is a premium version with Extended range at least. Now it could be a dual motor as well but couldn't tell what the full side badge was saying. Either way it is a higher end model for the two tone paint scheme with the black on top which I know is their and black on bottom trim. So I would say a Cal Rt.1 model.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I will agree except I think this is a premium version with Extended range at least. Now it could be a dual motor as well but couldn't tell what the full side badge was saying. Either way it is a higher end model for the two tone paint scheme with the black on top which I know is their and black on bottom trim. So I would say a Cal Rt.1 model.
That looks very much like a premium to me - the wheels and grill are identical to the premium rendition on the website. The Rt1 has the same style grill as the select. All models have the black spoiler on top, if that's what you meant.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah not a big fan of the front plate. Normally when I buy a newer car and it doesn’t have a front plate on it I ask the dealer not to put it on. So right now I still have the front plate bracket for my Alfa Romeo in the trunk. Will only put it on when I get a fix it ticket to put it on and front license plate. But have front plate in window lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
omg yea i didnt realize it until now, I've been fawning over MME because it didnt have the front license place in all those beautiful images. but when i do drive it here in TX i think we have to have the plates. damn

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
107 Posts
A correction. That Forbes article states on 13 Feb. “Right now at the plant we are about to begin the prototype phase, the manufacturing plant has already been tooling, ”said Marcos Pérez, director of product development for Ford Mexico.
That suggests the Iconic Silver sitting outside the plant may not have been produced on the assembly line.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don’t think actual production has started yet, this MME may be a late-prototype or a beta unit resulting from testing the line configuration to address training, assembly issues, adjust tooling, etc.

Ford will hopefullly release a press statement when the plant is up and ready for production, making a few dealer demo models for test drives.

In the meantime, i will keep checking my email looking for ‘the call’

1 - 20 of 36 Posts