Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a full guide from Ford about the "customer journey" for Mach-E reservations.

Some interesting things to point out:
  • First Edition reservations will be honored until July 31st.
  • Non-special edition reservations will be honored until December 31st.
  • You can changes dealers before ordering (except First Edition)
  • You can't change from standard trim to a First Edition
  • If you want to change from a standard trim to a GT you need to cancel your reservation and create a new one.
Mach-E Reservation Quick Guide

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Since we've not seen it in person and most importantly not even test driven the car is the dealer deposit 100% refundable if I change my mind when the car is finally at the dealership? I'm thinking that can't legally keep your deposit if the opportunity to inspect and drive ahead of time in person is not available.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
Here is a full guide from Ford about the "customer journey" for Mach-E reservations.

• If you want to change from a standard trim to a GT you need to cancel your reservation and create a new one.
View attachment 1722
My new dealer said that I'll receive a message soon. I don't like the line that stated that if you reserved on Ford.com you have to cancel your reservation and do a retail order with the new dealer. My original dealer of record has refused to accept Plan X discount. When I hear from the new dealer I'll post the results.. I'm not giving up my reservation for $ 800 but I don't want to deal with the A Hole first dealer

·
Registered
625 Posts
Since we've not seen it in person and most importantly not even test driven the car is the dealer deposit 100% refundable if I change my mind when the car is finally at the dealership? I'm thinking that can't legally keep your deposit if the opportunity to inspect and drive ahead of time in person is not available.
Ford's Mach-E reservation FAQ page states the following:

What happens to the Reservation Deposit if I order a Mustang Mach-E model? The Reservation Deposit will be refunded back to your original form of payment within 7-10 business days after your dealer confirms your order.

Edit: I hope Ford honors that

·
Registered
93 Posts
What happens to the Reservation Deposit if I order a Mustang Mach-E model? The Reservation Deposit will be refunded back to your original form of payment within 7-10 business days after your dealer confirms your order.

I hope dealer honor that
The dealer does not have your $500 deposit --- Ford Inc. has it.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Where do Retail Orders fit in the reservation format. Are dealers part of the production queue?

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
702 Posts

View attachment 1722

Just read the attachment:

"First Edition is not eligible for new reservations"

That makes sense: First Editions were sold out in November.

However, at least imo, there is nothing to prevent a person with a reservation for a First Edition changing their dealer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My new dealer said that I'll receive a message soon. I don't like the line that stated that if you reserved on Ford.com you have to cancel your reservation and do a retail order with the new dealer. My original dealer of record has refused to accept Plan X discount. When I hear from the new dealer I'll post the results.. I'm not giving up my reservation for $ 800 but I don't want to deal with the A Hole first dealer
Why would you be an A hole if they won't accept X Plan? Sounds like they are . . . .

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Just read the attachment:

"First Edition is not eligible for new reservations"

That makes sense: First Editions were sold out in November.

However, at least imo, there is nothing to prevent a person with a reservation for a First Edition changing their dealer.
Who is your post replying to ?

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Why would you be an A hole if they won't accept X Plan? Sounds like they are . . . .
LOL I meant the first dealer although there are some out in the world that might include me in that description

·
Registered
702 Posts
Who is your post replying to ?
Thread starter, "ReturnoftheMack" who stated in bullet "3":

"You can change dealers before ordering (except First Edition)"

When I read the attachment, I see nothing that even infers that a holder of a reservation for the First Edition cannot change dealers before ordering.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts

View attachment 1722
I've been having a bit of a chuckle over Ford's calling it CUSTOMER JOURNEY. Several more appropriate titles may be BATAAN DEATH MARCH, THE TRAIL OF TEARS or LOST IN SPACE

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thread starter, "ReturnoftheMack" who stated in bullet "3":

"You can change dealers before ordering (except First Edition)"

When I read the attachment, I see nothing that even infers that a holder of a reservation for the First Edition cannot change dealers before ordering.
This was the part I was referring to for that bullet. I guess I could've worded that a bit better.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Of course: First Edition is not eligible for new reservations: Reservations on the First Edition closed back in November/ beginning of December 2019.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's nice and all but I would personally wait until end of a quarter when a dealership is offering deals to move the metal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts