Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When questioned about the Mach-E's safety, a Ford engineer said: “We attack the safety part from different angles, making sure the cells won’t short-circuit due to overcharging and temperature exposure, protecting against thermal propagation, ensuring that they’re cooled properly, and making sure that they’re structurally protected during impacts.”

Structurally, the Mach-E will hold up well in a crash test. I know we haven't seen the NHTSA, IIHS, NCAP or any vehicle safety assessment organizations our governments run actually perform a test, but Ford rarely ever fails. Especially not with a vehicle as important as this. I mean, its Ford...

But how does everyone here think it will rank once tested for the following?
  • Small overlap front: driver-side
  • Small overlap front: passenger-side
  • Moderate overlap front
  • Side
  • Roof strength
  • Head restraints & seats

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have to think that even by the time testing comes around, the IIHS might have newer rules in place. They seem to up their game very year. (Which is good for the consumer overall).

I'm really not worried.

·
Read Only
61 Posts
I will be interested to see the roof strength results. I am going to opt for the glass roof on my black GT to brighten up the std black interior.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be interested to see the roof strength results. I am going to opt for the glass roof on my black GT to brighten up the std black interior.
I have similar concerns although mostly with how the roof handles in the frontal overlap test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts