Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there any way to check which roads in my regular office route has hands free zones ?
This is what I've been able to find so far:
  • Ford’s Active Drive Assist, a new driver-assist feature that allows for hands-free driving on more than 100,000 miles of divided highways in all 50 states and Canada, relies on the HERE Workspace to determine the locations of hands-free zones.
July 1, 2020
Chicago, IL – HERE Technologies, the leading location data and platform company, today announced that Ford chose the HERE platform to enable its safe hands-free driving. The HERE platform enables Ford to create an availability map that informs Ford vehicles when it’s possible for Active Drive Assist to offer hands-free driving across 100,000 miles of highways in the United States and Canada.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I've been able to find so far:
  • Ford’s Active Drive Assist, a new driver-assist feature that allows for hands-free driving on more than 100,000 miles of divided highways in all 50 states and Canada, relies on the HERE Workspace to determine the locations of hands-free zones.
July 1, 2020
Chicago, IL – HERE Technologies, the leading location data and platform company, today announced that Ford chose the HERE platform to enable its safe hands-free driving. The HERE platform enables Ford to create an availability map that informs Ford vehicles when it’s possible for Active Drive Assist to offer hands-free driving across 100,000 miles of highways in the United States and Canada.
What it appears to be is not a a 'designated route' but rather what routes have been 'mapped' by HERE Technologies into their GPS mapping soft-wear. If it is in the navigation system then the vehicle will react to the data in a hands-free mode.

·
Registered
179 Posts
What it appears to be is not a a 'designated route' but rather what routes have been 'mapped' by HERE Technologies into their GPS mapping soft-wear. If it is in the navigation system then the vehicle will react to the data in a hands-free mode.
Thanks. I had thought these zones were designated by government. Still it would have been better if HERE Technologies would publish it's map. I don't see value in paying for Active Drive Assist if I can't use it in my daily office route.

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Interesting. With all Ford’s investment into AI and autonomous driving, I would have expected more use of in-house investments.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. With all Ford’s investment into AI and autonomous driving, I would have expected more use of in-house investments.
Can you clarify? Are you referring to them utilizing HELP's software? I went on the HELP website and it appears that they're 'into' many of the vehicle manufacturers GPS Nav units.

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Can you clarify? Are you referring to them utilizing HELP's software? I went on the HELP website and it appears that they're 'into' many of the vehicle manufacturers GPS Nav units.
I am referring to Ford’s Argo AI, and their recent MobilEye partnership, among other initiatives.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am referring to Ford’s Argo AI, and their recent MobilEye partnership, among other initiatives.
Ok thanks didn't know about Argo but I think that Mobil Eye ties into the HELP mapping but not certain.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, I too have the same worry. I see that Ford is serious about electrification, but for other modewn tech, they seem to depend on others who may or may not exist in a few years from now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts