Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
Imagine if the MMe was a clean production car in carbonized grey (closer to the tesla color). It would really blow the Y away.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great pics of iconic silver :) I am not a fan of the dashboard compartment door design of MME though. I think something like the cockpit design of Corvette will be cool to have in MME.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The MME is the clear winner. Inside and outside. The Model Y looks like the ugly duckling compared to the MME 😁

·
Registered
250 Posts
All the Teslas look like the same car that was stretched laterally/vertically in Photoshop. They all basically look like a mid-2000s Mazda product. Makes sense since Franz von Holzhausen, Tesla's chief designer came from Mazda.
That said, I still think that Tesla has the better battery, power train, and software but the Mach E is superior in almost every other aspect including the design and hopefully build quality. This is really what pushed us towards the Mach E.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tesla may have better battery since they have been focusing on that for far too long. Can't say the same about power train or software until we can compare with a production MME.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
876 Posts
All the Teslas look like the same car that was stretched laterally/vertically in Photoshop. They all basically look like mid-2000s Mazda product. Makes sense since Franz von Holzhausen, Tesla's chief designer came from Mazda.
That said, I still think that Tesla has the better battery, power train, and software but the Mach E is superior in almost every other aspect including the design and hopefully build quality. This is really what pushed us towards the Mach E.
Are you still of the same opinion with the $3,000 price reduction in the Model Y: Is the styling of the MachE, which must be offset by the problems of first year of production worth less range, longer charging times, poorer battery and drive train and older technology?

Finally to those of us that lease, the monthly payment on a Model Y will be between $200 and $300 less than the MachE.

Initially I was really excited about the MachE, reserved a First Edition and last week converted it into an order.

Now with Ford Option Plan monthly payments and the price reduction in the Model Y, not so much.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Tesla may have better battery since they have been focusing on that for far too long. Can't say the same about power train or software until we can compare with a production MME.
Perhaps on the power train but given preliminary specs, I would give the edge to Tesla.
On software, Tesla has L2 Autonomous driving working now. Mach E not until 2H 2021 and only for certain divided interstates. At which point Tesla will be further along. This isn't a big deal to me so didn't factor heavily into our decision.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Do you really think there is anyway the MachE will compare to the software and power train in he Model Y?

Every expert has reported that Tesla have set the standard for both software and drive train. Take the heat pump in the Model Y.

Ford is playing catch up: Problem is that the price of the MachE is that of a leader.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
250 Posts
Are you still of the same opinion with the $3,000 price reduction in the Model Y: Is the styling of the MachE, which must be offset by the problems of first year of production worth less range, longer charging times, poorer battery and drive train and older technology?

Finally to those of us that lease, the monthly payment on a Model Y will be between $200 and $300 less than the MachE.

Initially I was really excited about the MachE, reserved a First Edition and last week converted it into an order.

Now with Ford Option Plan monthly payments and the price reduction in the Model Y, not so much.
Tesla would have to improve the build quality significantly for me to reconsider. Possible I guess but I don't see it happening in the next 6 months.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Tesla would have to improve the build quality significantly for me to reconsider. Possible I guess but I don't see it happening in the next 6 months.

BEV cars are like computers: You get a new one every 3 to 5 years. So build quality to me is less important and besides I lease and at the end of 2 or 3 years I plan to turn the car in.

We assume that the MachE will have better build quality than the Model Y: even if it does, is that more important than range, charging time and technology? Not for me!

Remember the MachE is not going to be a Mercedes: it is still a Ford.

·
Registered
250 Posts
BEV cars are like computers: You get a new one every 3 to 5 years. So build quality to me is less important and besides I lease and at the end of 2 or 3 years I plan to turn the car in.

We assume that the MachE will have better build quality than the Model Y: even if it does, is that more important than range, charging time and technology? Not for me!

Remember the MachE is not going to be a Mercedes: it is still a Ford.
My parents, in laws, and several friends have/had Mercedes. You might be surprised at their build/initial quality.

I'm not sure what the Mach E will build quality will be in the end but Tesla's remind me of a Trabant:

They can address this for sure but I don't see it happening anytime soon. For us, Mach E will primarily be driven by my wife and be mostly be used locally and for day trips (round trip probably no more than ~200 miles, from the Hudson Valley to the Capital region, Central Connecticut, NYC, Northern Jersey...). Several times during the Winter we take ski trips to Central Vermont but we'll keep our ICE SUV. So for us, the Mach E has good enough range, charging time, and technology.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts