Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to Henderson for the Mach E Tour (I have a second reservation on 6 Jan in Vegas proper) the dealer had a Black Premium RWD/ER and a Blue AWD/ER. The Dearborn Guys were super helpful and I was able to have an extended conversation with a dealership sales person who was all but salivating over what he sees as a great year for Ford he told me that they expect to sell everything that they get. They'll be thrilled by anyone who doesn't buy their order because they've got a waiting list of buyers who will take it off the lot when it comes in.
I did the usual sat in the back with the drivers seat in the 'normal driving position and I had leg room forever. I'm a tad over 6 feet and my legs were no where near the rear of the drivers seat. The rear head room war two sideways fists over my head (approx. 7-8 inches) and the seat was quite comfortable and roomy.
The rear deck opens up like tunnel with plenty of space for several hundred kilos of smuggled contraband or a foursomes golf clubs and if you need extra depth the deck panel is removable. There is a soft cover (also removable for covering your multi kilo stash from prying eyes. Also if you have an armful of kilo 'bricks' a wave of the foot under the rear bumper opens and closes the rear hatch.
Now to the 'left seat' I really like the 10.5 inch panel in front of the steering wheel the 15.5 Tablet is a breeze to operate even for the technically challenged. As I have previously posted, I'm a button and knobs guy so I really liked being able to adjust volume on the B&O and open the glove box and adjust the vents without finishing my degree in tablet screens from MIT.
I don't know how comfortable the driver's seat will be after 500 miles but with the possible exception of Kareem Abdul Jabar most of us should be fine.
I have another reservation this time scheduled at my dealer on 6 January where I will try and get some info on leasing etc. I'm hoping to have my son with me and maybe get some better pictures.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,849 Posts
I used to be a Federal Agent, so I have decades of time with 'hidden compartments' in vehicles. LOL
As a native New Yorker, we used to measure trunk sizes by body count. Kinda morbid when you think about it.

Reactions: KCC12

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a native New Yorker, we used to measure trunk sizes by body count. Kinda morbid when you think about it.
Back in the 1970's I opened a trunk on a Chevy Nova that we had stopped nearby the border and to my great surprise there were FIVE guys looking up at me from the trunk.:oops:

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I went to Friendly Ford of Las Vegas to view the Mach E for a second time and to accomplish several items. I wanted my son to experience the difference between the Mustang Mach E and the Tesla Y and Mod 3 (he loved it). Second I had questions regarding financing and leasing ( Ford Option not offered in Nevada) and lastly to take additional photos. I spoke with the Dearborn crew who were once again very helpful and spent time with the sales rep from the dealership whom I been e-mailing. I asked the Tour guys about the glass roof and he explained that they haven't had the opportunity to experience summer temperatures in the desert however he stated that if it becomes necessary a Ceramic film coating on the glass would allow a view out but not in and eliminate any heat an UV transfer.
Now the fun part, financing and incentives from Ford Credit are on a regional basis (Las Vegas falls under the Phoenix, Arizona region) so depending on where you buy rates and 'deals' can vary. The financing rate is 0.9% up to 36months, 1.9% up to 48 months I didn't enquire beyond that. As to a Red Carpet lease, hold on to your wallet, 5% to 11% based on the number of months. The sales rep was uncertain if leasing would be available in lieu of the Option Plan where it's permitted. I'm disappointed because I was hoping to lease then possibly purchase as I did with the Fusion Energi. Time will tell if Ford has 'change of heart'.
Ok and now the pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
I went to Friendly Ford of Las Vegas to view the Mach E for a second time and to accomplish several items. I wanted my son to experience the difference between the Mustang Mach E and the Tesla Y and Mod 3 (he loved it). Second I had questions regarding financing and leasing ( Ford Option not offered in Nevada) and lastly to take additional photos. I spoke with the Dearborn crew who were once again very helpful and spent time with the sales rep from the dealership whom I been e-mailing. I asked the Tour guys about the glass roof and he explained that they haven't had the opportunity to experience summer temperatures in the desert however he stated that if it becomes necessary a Ceramic film coating on the glass would allow a view out but not in and eliminate any heat an UV transfer.
Now the fun part, financing and incentives from Ford Credit are on a regional basis (Las Vegas falls under the Phoenix, Arizona region) so depending on where you buy rates and 'deals' can vary. The financing rate is 0.9% up to 36months, 1.9% up to 48 months I didn't enquire beyond that. As to a Red Carpet lease, hold on to your wallet, 5% to 11% based on the number of months. The sales rep was uncertain if leasing would be available in lieu of the Option Plan where it's permitted. I'm disappointed because I was hoping to lease then possibly purchase as I did with the Fusion Energi. Time will tell if Ford has 'change of heart'.
Ok and now the pictures:
Great photos @Summerlin Bob! Never really noticed the "Horsepower" written on the inside of the charge port 😂. 5-11% on a lease is nuts I get they want people to buy the Mach-E but damn.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great photos @Summerlin Bob! Never really noticed the "Horsepower" written on the inside of the charge port 😂. 5-11% on a lease is nuts I get they want people to buy the Mach-E but damn.
My take on the lease rates is credit score and Ford really doesn't want to lease the MMe for the areas outside of the Option Plan areas. If the finance rates hold until I take possession it's looking like a 36 month purchase. This was the second time that I was able to do a walk around and it's a solid great looking well laid out vehicle. My son who has been looking at the Tesla for my daughter-in-law, is going to take her to the Ford dealer when the Demos come in to stock.

·
Registered
907 Posts
My take on the lease rates is credit score and Ford really doesn't want to lease the MMe for the areas outside of the Option Plan areas. If the finance rates hold until I take possession it's looking like a 36 month purchase. This was the second time that I was able to do a walk around and it's a solid great looking well laid out vehicle. My son who has been looking at the Tesla for my daughter-in-law, is going to take her to the Ford dealer when the Demos come in to stock.
Hopefully the Mach-E can win them over from Tesla.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts