1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice looking vehicle. A bit too much like a station wagon for my taste. But seems like it has good cargo space. Interior is nice. I have a feeling so many of these electric crossovers are going to start looking the same. I like the Mustang Mach E because it leans a little more sporty, compact and minimal.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz B250e
26 Posts
Indeed.Very nice looking. Most popular kind of car body in Europe. It will be interesting to see what Ford is doing out of the VW MEB Platform...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Indeed.Very nice looking. Most popular kind of car body in Europe. It will be interesting to see what Ford is doing out of the VW MEB Platform...
Yes, that is right, I forgot that Ford is building another EV based on the same Volkswagen MEB platform as this new Enyaq. So there will soon be a Ford that is closely related to this Enyaq.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
I drove a Skoda while I lived in Europe and they build a very nice vehicle. I would consider a US version based on a Ford VW collaboration.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,024 Posts
Very impressive new EV revealed by VW today. This one is only available for purchase by the European members here. I am diving into the specs now...what is everyone's thoughts on how it compares to the Mach-E?

82 kWh (317 miles of range) and 0-60 in 6.2 seconds.

View attachment 2340
View attachment 2341
View attachment 2342
View attachment 2343
Not bad but doesn't excite me. The black one would make a decent small limo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the exterior and design of the MME better but the Skoda Enyaq certainly has some options that MME does not have:
  • decent hitch (can carry more than 2 bikes...)
  • heat pump
  • heads up display
  • ski hatch
  • more choice of seating material including lighter colors (not available for MME in Europe)
  • panoramic roof that can be opened and covered
next to that it has more interior space (more shoulder room and luggage room)

I am considering the Enyaq, however faster models (the ones with dual motor) seem only to become available in June next year....

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
127 Posts
Very impressive new EV revealed by VW today. This one is only available for purchase by the European members here. I am diving into the specs now...what is everyone's thoughts on how it compares to the Mach-E?

82 kWh (317 miles of range) and 0-60 in 6.2 seconds.

The intrusive center console ramping up and restricting the driver's personal space would make this a no-go for me. There's an unfortunate trend among designers, that while they can now open up the space in the front row of an electric vehicle, many are choosing to fill it with unnecessary gimmickry.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
Looks wise I prefer the MME by far. But it's far from an ugly car. Range wise, I'm a bit suspicious. 317 isn't impressive under WLTP, but as an urban/suburban car, it's good.
Yes, range is lower than the MMe. For WLTP, 316 miles on the EnyaQ iV ER/RWD vs. 370 miles for the Mustang Mach-E ER/RWD.

That I am aware, the ID.4 is the only MEB-based product we will see in the US any time soon. we don’t know the official specifications yet, reveal scheduled end-September.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts