Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
All EV-certified dealers will have a couple demos sometime after production begins. Currently "Job 1" is scheduled for June 20, 2020.
My understanding (from talking with my dealer) is that the initial production will be a small number of demos and then First Edition, followed by Premium trim. The dealers will get only a couple demos, but people can see and drive them before the first reserved production units are shipped.
That's a curiously coincidental date. It's the first day of Summer. I'm guessing someone took a little license with a broader "this Summer" target and tried to milk an exact date from it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Houston Auto Show has a Star-White Mach-E Premium.
You can walk up, touch it, and look inside through the windows -- but all the doors, liftgate and frunk are locked. The 2 exhibitors showing it said they cannot get in themselves. It is a pre-production unit, so they are not allowing anyone to get inside. I asked if I could open the charging connector cover, and they said yes. It was the only "door" that wasn't locked.

Still, I was very pleased to actually see and touch one.
It looks better than it does in the photos. View attachment 450 View attachment 451 View attachment 452 View attachment 453 View attachment 454
Did you get a photo of the charge port/charge door by any chance?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I placed a pre-order over my wife's objections because of the "Mustang" in the name. We saw the car at the Auto show and it's great! She changed he mind and now likes the car, but hopes the "Mustang" will be dropped on introduction.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I placed a pre-order over my wife's objections because of the "Mustang" in the name. We saw the car at the Auto show and it's great! She changed he mind and now likes the car, but hopes the "Mustang" will be dropped on introduction.
No, it is clear that ford is embracing the mustang in the name and hoping to cash in on the mystique of the brand. They've even got ponies etched in the headlights

21 - 26 of 26 Posts