1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
127 Posts
The two features that I would love to see on the Mach E are:

1: A heads up display.
2: Adaptive Air Suspension
I'd like to see a power sliding cover for the glass roof, like my current vehicle has, or the ability to sunscreen at least a portion of the roof.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I’m waiting on a red First Edition MME and once it arrives I won’t be driving my 2012 Porsche Cayenne S any longer. What I will miss from my Cayenne that I would wish for in the MME are:

1. Adaptive Air Suspension

2.Trailer Hitch (I don’t want to tow anything but I do use my Cayenne to transport bikes) so I can continue to use my heavy duty Yakima Bike Carrier.

A heads up display sounds nice but I’ve never had one so that would not be in my MME wish list.

😊

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wishing my MME would arrive before Christmas!

Re: Previous posters wishes.....I think Ford made some compromises to hold down cost so they could make a profit. Adding a sunshade reduces headroom. Ford is claiming their glass roof keeps the car warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer for efficiency. I guess that claim will have to be tested by us. For me, in a northern climate state in US, I would welcome some warmth on cold sunny winter days. “You can't always get what you want”.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
715 Posts
We have a Ford Edge Sport with full panoramic glass roof.

Recently temps here on Long Island were in low 90's with plenty of sunshine.

No problems with heat. Never had to close the shade - in fact have never closed the shade.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I’m waiting on a red First Edition MME and once it arrives I won’t be driving my 2012 Porsche Cayenne S any longer. What I will miss from my Cayenne that I would wish for in the MME are:

1. Adaptive Air Suspension

2.Trailer Hitch (I don’t want to tow anything but I do use my Cayenne to transport bikes) so I can continue to use my heavy duty Yakima Bike Carrier.

A heads up display sounds nice but I’ve never had one so that would not be in my MME wish list.

😊
Agreed, trailer hitch would be a nice feature

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would love to see the following:
1) Heads up display
2) Trailer hitch (for bikes)
3) 40/20/40 back seat instead of 60/40. You can carry long items like skis and 4 adults.
4) Purely for coolness: ability to swivel the screen horizontal.
5) Use the front cam as dash cam and sentry mode.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
715 Posts
i don’t understand why they get the adaptive headlight in EU models but we don’t in the US.
I agree.

However there are federal regulations in play.

For example in Europe the Mercedes has full adaptive headlights but you cannot get them in either the US or Canada.

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
74 Posts
And forgot the most important:
3. Fabric seat
I hate in summer when the leather seats are too hot and sweatty and winter when they are too cold as hell.

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
I agree.

However there are federal regulations in play.

For example in Europe the Mercedes has full adaptive headlights but you cannot get them in either the US or Canada.
Strange, must be something new, my wife’s 2007 Volvo has them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Strange, must be something new, my wife’s 2007 Volvo has them.
Adaptive driving beams are not available in the USA, adaptive headlamps are. ADB's are composed of a bunch of LEDs that can turn on or off automatically eliminating glare for oncoming cars by turning off only certain LEDs creating a shadow where the oncoming car is, etc. They're not allowed in the US as FMVSS requires distinct high and low beam headlamp patterns.

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
Adaptive driving beams are not available in the USA, adaptive headlamps are. ADB's are composed of a bunch of LEDs that can turn on or off automatically eliminating glare for oncoming cars by turning off only certain LEDs creating a shadow where the oncoming car is, etc. They're not allowed in the US as FMVSS requires distinct high and low beam headlamp patterns.
I’m looking for the lights to illuminate ahead on a turn, The LED projectors mounted on a swivel, synchronized with the steering angle. The LED dimming thing is cool, but not what I was referring to. unless some of the LED array are angled into the turn, then it would suit my wish item.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’m looking for the lights to illuminate ahead on a turn, The LED projectors mounted on a swivel, synchronized with the steering angle. The LED dimming thing is cool, but not what I was referring to. unless some of the LED array are angled into the turn, then it would suit my wish item.
"Cornering lights" were around ages ago (oddly). My mother's 1968 Oldsmobile 98 had them. And adaptive lights like you're talking about are legal and would do what you're seeking. The ADB are not.

It is indeed odd imo that we're not seeing more of that in the USA.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts

A HUD seems like it would be useful. But I've never driven one.

Air shocks are always nice, but not a deal breaker. I'd think a heat pump on the HVAC would be great, but again, not a deal breaker.

I want the lane centering to work very well, and the software for charging stations to be accurate and easy to use. Ditto the software for navigation. I use those a lot.

And more range. Always more range...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I find the HUD to be a distraction. I don't like anything that impedes my view of the road, I'd rather look to the side or down when I feel it is safe to do so. Any Heads Up Display should include the option to turn it off. How about a voice query instead? "Sally, what's our speed?"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts