101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
922 Posts
Ordered 9/1/2020, no res
Rapid Red Premium ER AWD
Scheduled week of 1/18
I Reserved Feb 2020 Ordered in July 2020 and have a build date in Feb 2021. I'm starting to believe that they're building the Premium AWD before the RWD Premium

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
867 Posts
Ordered 9/1/2020, no res
Rapid Red Premium ER AWD
Scheduled week of 1/18
WOW!

That to me at least means, that the 20,000 out of 50,000 units allocated to the US have not been sold.

Ford never disclosed:

• How many reservations they had for the MME
  • How many reservations were converted into orders
Still an open question is how many of the reservations converted to orders will actually be converted into sales.

For example I am not interested in either buying or financing. I am only interested in leasing. Unless Ford comes up with a reasonable lease I will not convert my order to a sale.

Stay tuned - there may yet well be incentives for the MME!

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Or it means they're doing a run of Rapid Reds, or a run of AWD, or a run of ER.
Mine is an ER but a Star White RWD still confused on how they're scheduling builds. Based on your post it certainly isn't on reservations or order dates. If you don't mind sharing, what State are you in?

·
Super Moderator
1,427 Posts
Mine is an ER but a Star White RWD still confused on how they're scheduling builds. Based on your post it certainly isn't on reservations or order dates. If you don't mind sharing, what State are you in?
I think its a regional thing that moved @pca371 up the line. He posted he is from Buffalo NY. Weeks of Jan 11 and 18 seem to have a lot of North-East orders in them.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I think its a regional thing that moved @pca371 up the line. He posted he is from Buffalo NY. Weeks of Jan 11 and 18 seem to have a lot of North-East orders in them.
Thanks, I've been on travel and off line for a couple of weeks and I'm just catching up. Seems to make sense. Having a build date is a great piece of info. Now if I can get someone at Ford to clarify what they plan for the States and DC where the Option Plan isn't available.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally a scheduled date...
Reserved: 11/28/2019
Ordered: 6/28/2020
Production Date Week Of: 1/18/2021
Star White, Premium ER RWD
Southern California

·
Registered
125 Posts
That to me at least means, that the 20,000 out of 50,000 units allocated to the US have not been sold.
Ford never disclosed:
  • How many reservations they had for the MME
  • How many reservations were converted into orders
Still an open question is how many of the reservations converted to orders will actually be converted into sales.
I assume an order takes precedence over a unconverted reservation. Some of the reservations were for GT's and those people are likely still patiently waiting. Possibly they want to get the Premium production first as it is better for Ford's bottom line. Or they want to clear the US Premium orders so they can finally start supplying our patiently waiting European friends with their cars. The only certainty is that Ford likes us to keep guessing.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Finally a scheduled date...
Reserved: 11/28/2019
Ordered: 6/28/2020
Production Date Week Of: 1/18/2021
Star White, Premium ER RWD
Southern California
Identical to mine, looks like the extra coat of paint on the Star Whites are slowing things down 🤣I'm in Las Vegas

·
Registered
867 Posts
Identical to mine, looks like the extra coat of paint on the Star Whites are slowing things down 🤣I'm in Las Vegas
Granted we are a but a very small sample of reservation holders. But:

• I believe almost everyone now has a build date
  • The latest build date is January
  • I assume that Ford plans to produce cars in February, March and months beyond
If everyone who has a reservation and has converted to an order and have a build date, that means that there are no reservations/orders for production starting in February and the months beyond - except for the GT.

I do not think Ford will stop production. I believe that production will end up in dealers to be sold.

As I wrote many months ago, do not be surprised about incentives and favorable lease plans for the MME.

As of this moment Tesla is the only brand where cars are still selling like "hot cakes" and with more EV's coming on the market in 2021 that too may abate.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Correct on location. It has to be something moving me up. I do feel bad for people who ordered before me and are still waiting for a build week, but also HOLY CRAP I WANT IT NOW.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Now that the build dates are rolling in, I was wondering about where Ford is in numbers on reaching the 200K PHEV / BEV production mark on the $7500 Federal Tax Credit. It's been a very long time but the last time that I saw the numbers Ford had around 88,000 units to go before they hit the mark. Anyone have updated info?

·
Registered
867 Posts
According to this article, written at the end of August, over 100,000 still left.

see: Federal Tax Credit Is Ford Mustang Mach-E’s Main Sales Argument Over Teslas

but on another site, only 76,000 credits left.

see: Federal EV Tax Credit Phase Out Tracker By Automaker – EVAdoption

But if Ford only intends to bring for sale 20,000 MME to the US there will be plenty available in 2020, 2021 and 2022.

And remember the Federal Tax credit of $7,500 does not end with 200,000 units, but declines.

With the strong possibility of Biden becoming our 46th President and his emphasis on clean energy, the Paris Accords and phasing out of fossil fuels, the the Federal Tax Credit might be extended or even increased.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Now that the build dates are rolling in, I was wondering about where Ford is in numbers on reaching the 200K PHEV / BEV production mark on the $7500 Federal Tax Credit. It's been a very long time but the last time that I saw the numbers Ford had around 88,000 units to go before they hit the mark. Anyone have updated info?
I'm sure most people on here are safe with the tax credit given the phase out period. Even if they hit 200,000 in Q1, which is unlikely, you'd still qualify for the full credit through the end of Q2.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
OK Just went to the IRS site as of 30 June 2020 Ford had 123,320 registered. The quarter ending 30 Sept not yet posted

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I'm sure most people on here are safe with the tax credit given the phase out period. Even if they hit 200,000 in Q1, which is unlikely, you'd still qualify for the full credit through the end of Q2.
Agree, it looks good for anyone in this Forum

·
Super Moderator
1,427 Posts
With the Escape plug-in delayed, the MMe is the only qualifying vehicle Ford is currently making for the US market. I believe we are all safe with regard to the tax credit at this time.

Many reservation holders are waiting for a test-drive, final EPA numbers, and professional reviews before committing. And the GT order-bank was scheduled to open this December. I foresee many more reservation conversions before years end.

In the other thread, there are orders scheduled though the end of Feb right now. Ford most likely has orders to last through Q2, GT will push that further.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts