Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you'll have to buy a monthly data plan through Ford to cover the MachE's OTA updates, navigation, and other connected features?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,221 Posts
Does anyone know if you'll have to buy a monthly data plan through Ford to cover the MachE's OTA updates, navigation, and other connected features?
You get 3 months trial included for the modem and have to buy an AT&T plan after that. However, that is only for the hotspot. You get at least 3 years of OTA updates, navigation, and other connected features included, not sure what the cost will be, if any after that.

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
You get 3 months trial included for the modem and have to buy an AT&T plan after that. However, that is only for the hotspot. You get at least 3 years of OTA updates, navigation, and other connected features included, not sure what the cost will be, if any after that.
I think the OTA service and feature store is separate and will not carry a charge (because of warranty needs, app/feature purchases, etc). The connected services like navigation, maps, traffic, etc, may possibly be what’s included in a monthly service charge after 3-years.

But none of this is finalized.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I can't ever see them charging for things like trip routing with Fordpass Charging network. The map will continue to be updated with new charging spots as they come online.
If they did... the MME will probably be the last Ford product I purchase.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I assume OTA updates should happen through your home WiFi. For some connected car features, we may need data. But I don't know if I can share my smartphone data plan as a mobile hotspot which would have been great. Or even better would have been if I could insert my own data SIM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts