Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This four door SUV should NOT have the Mustang name...Period! This four door SUV should just be named the Mach-E and leave it at that. Make an electric Mustang alongside the fuel combustion Mustang. That would make more sense!! You don't know your consumer as you thought!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think Ford knew exactly what they were doing. All the hand wringing, teeth gnashing and rending of garments over the name Mustang used in conjunction with the Mach E is 100% free promotion.

The number of ICE Mustang customers they will lose over this will probably be in the single digits, and they probably wouldn't have bought one anyway.

On the other hand, they've drug the Mustang into the 21st century, got tons of people talking, and produced what looks like a winner.

I've put my deposit down, it will be my third Mustang should I go through with it, just not sure I want to spend the money on a new car. I'm cheap like that, just wanted to get in line.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A FAKE Mustang is now on the market. Real Mustang owners will NOT recognize this car/suv as a Mustang. I guarantee it!!! Protests are already trying to remove the name off the SUV. It really was a bad move to relocate the Iconic Mustang name to an SUV. Two steps forward and three steps back...

·
Banned
2 Posts
A Mustang is whatever Ford defines it as. They named it, own the trademark, and make changes as they see fit. They now want to branch out the name and make multiple variants of Mustang, so that's how we'll know the Mustang going forward.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I own a store and sell many items and one item is the best selling item for over 50 years with a trademark name that makes the sales, its piss poor business to use that same label on something else for more sales. All it did was tarnish/diminish that iconic symbol. It's NOT a Mustang and will NEVER be in the Mustang museum.

·
Registered
612 Posts
This four door SUV should NOT have the Mustang name...Period! This four door SUV should just be named the Mach-E and leave it at that. Make an electric Mustang alongside the fuel combustion Mustang. That would make more sense!! You don't know your consumer as you thought!!!!
So are you getting one, or did you make an account just to complain? haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to say I slightly agree with you. At 29 I'm a big lover of electric as well as Mustang. But the advertisement didn't do it for me.

I wrote a review Here

·
Registered
76 Posts
A FAKE Mustang is now on the market. Real Mustang owners will NOT recognize this car/suv as a Mustang. I guarantee it!!! Protests are already trying to remove the name off the SUV. It really was a bad move to relocate the Iconic Mustang name to an SUV. Two steps forward and three steps back...
disagree

·
Registered
76 Posts
disagree

·
Registered
76 Posts
If I own a store and sell many items and one item is the best selling item for over 50 years with a trademark name that makes the sales, its piss poor business to use that same label on something else for more sales. All it did was tarnish/diminish that iconic symbol. It's NOT a Mustang and will NEVER be in the Mustang museum.
disagree

1 - 15 of 15 Posts