Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Mach-E maintenance schedule available yet?
Ford will include it in the owners manual as they usually do but its still not available. Does anyone have access to the schedule or know where we can look?
Curious to see what's required to keep it running although its known that EVs don't need much.
Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can download a copy of Tesla Model Y at Tesla.com to get a good idea of the maintenance required. (page 168 in manual). It should be similar for the MME. Rotate tires every 6-10k miles, check brake linings and lube caliper slides every year, replace cabin air filter every 2 years, check brake fluid every 2 yrs and replace as necessary. That is about it. If you do not check the fluids level yourself, then make sure someone does it. Also the high voltage parts of the system are not for the DIY mechanics. The 12 volt battery should last as long or longer than on an ICE car since it has much less stress. I'm pretty much a DIY guy so my car will likely be in only for tire rotation.

One point I have thought of is to find out where the correct lift points for putting the car up on a hoist. I don't want some grease monkey lifting anywhere near the HV battery case and damaging that in any way. So we await the owners manual on Ford.com. I check weekly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great! I hope they also have a pdf version available soon so I don't have to go to my MME big screen tv to see.

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
Great! I hope they also have a pdf version available soon so I don't have to go to my MME big screen tv to see.
It will be in the FordPass app, which reminds you as the timeframe or mileage approaches for a specific interval. You can even schedule the appointment.

Sample schedule looks like this:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ford will include it in the owners manual as they usually do but its still not available. Does anyone have access to the schedule or know where we can look?
Curious to see what's required to keep it running although its known that EVs don't need much.
Thanks.
I have the Owners Manual and Maintenance Schedule ordered from Helm and hope to receive them on 11-10-2020. I’ll try to scan it when it comes. Helms has most of the 2021 Mustang Mach E manuals ready to order. The CD-ROMS and Shop Manuals will be available later (December 2020).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Many features are turned off for you at the moment. I assume that will change once you take possession of the vehicle.

The manual will be accessible through the app as well.
Or you can gain access right now by ordering the Owners Manual and Maintenance Manual from Helm. I ordered both on Thursday (11-6-20) and hope to receive them 11-10-20.

Reactions: macchiaz-o

·
Registered
17 Posts
It will be in the FordPass app, which reminds you as the timeframe or mileage approaches for a specific interval. You can even schedule the appointment.

Sample schedule looks like this:

View attachment 2973
View attachment 2974
They do! Not in PDF form but an Owners Manual and Maintenance Manual (in the cloth Glove Box pocket) RIGHT NOW! I ordered mine Thursday (11-6) and it should come Tuesday (11-10).

·
Registered
17 Posts
They do! Not in PDF form but an Owners Manual and Maintenance Manual (in the cloth Glove Box pocket) RIGHT NOW! I ordered mine Thursday (11-6) and it should come Tuesday (11-10).
Also, I don’t know when the FordPass App will have this available; most likely when you get your VIN number.

·
Registered
17 Posts
See my replies; not a PDF version (Ford will put that up at a future date) BUT the Owners Manual and Maintenance Schedule are available RIGHT NOW at Helm. Hope o get mine Tuesday (11-10).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks.
See my other replies; they are available NOW from Helm!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,130 Posts
Do you have a link to the Mach E manuals? I couldn’t find anything 2021.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts