Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Just my $.02: Ford would love to cut the dealer out and deal directly, online with the customer. They have seen that Tesla has proven this possible and with substantial increase in profits and the highest gross margins in the automotive industry.

If you:

• Demand online ordering;
  • No inventory at the dealership;
  • No discount or markup to MSRP
You have basically the Tesla model.

Remember ""A rose by any other name would smell as sweet": While Ford may call it a dealership, it is in fact the Tesla direct sales model.

Personally, I think this is inevitable.

·
Registered
2021 MACH -e 4X Black
23 Posts
Just my $.02: Ford would love to cut the dealer out and deal directly, online with the customer. They have seen that Tesla has proven this possible and with substantial increase in profits and the highest gross margins in the automotive industry.

If you:

• Demand online ordering;
  • No inventory at the dealership;
  • No discount or markup to MSRP
You have basically the Tesla model.

Remember ""A rose by any other name would smell as sweet": While Ford may call it a dealership, it is in fact the Tesla direct sales model.

Personally, I think this is inevitable.
What about service?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
What about service?
One of the biggest selling points about BEV's as compared to ICE is the dearth of service on an BEV vs. an ICE.

While you may need a dealer to sell a car, but for younger people, who do everything online, that is certainly not necessary, you do not need a dealer for service: All you need are service centers as Tesla has proven.

Further to a Ford dealer the MachE is truly a "step child": for every MachE a dealer sells and/or delivers, they sell 10 to 20 times that many ICE, so presently service departments of dealers are not equipped to service a BEV. Their bread and butter is servicing ICE.

·
Registered
2021 MACH -e 4X Black
23 Posts
One of the biggest selling points about BEV's as compared to ICE is the dearth of service on an BEV vs. an ICE.

While you may need a dealer to sell a car, but for younger people, who do everything online, that is certainly not necessary, you do not need a dealer for service: All you need are service centers as Tesla has proven.

Further to a Ford dealer the MachE is truly a "step child": for every MachE a dealer sells and/or delivers, they sell 10 to 20 times that many ICE, so presently service departments of dealers are not equipped to service a BEV. Their bread and butter is servicing ICE.
How are you going to service mechanical issues online? You need some KIND of service , the car will need to be serviced at some point.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
How are you going to service mechanical issues online? You need some KIND of service , the car will need to be serviced at some point.
unfortunately it seems service is one of the big misses for the mach e with a lot of owners. I've been fortunate in the year not needing it but, it's real concern.

·
Registered
106 Posts

I agree with much of what you said above & let me quote Elon M. Saying we don’t need people to live forever/Long, it hurts society bc “People don’t change” & are habitual. So younger newer generations are not afraid of change & therefore amazing opportunities can blossom! Example, such as buying everything online; thus Carvana & other major online auto sellers doing so well. That’s all the young know, so it’s natural for them. Others who enjoy visiting the dealer, test driving, kicking the tires are old school (that’s what they know) so they are the Huge ICE following crowd. But Ford nudged/forced them out their comfort zone by requiring to purchase this MACH-E online (Without seeing, driving, touching) & accepting an ELECTRIC power train. And the loyal masses followed. The tides will continue to change over the next decade & at some point, I feel will be there, where everything will be online & appointment based for service visits of any kind.. Tesla was the innovator but the competition watched & will duplicate his model bc it is winning for the times.. The thing is, FORD has a HUGE calling & base & have dominated for DECADES & therefore will do what they have to do to stay ahead of the game & keep their base while also appealing & bringing some Tesla base over to the wild side…🐎 That’s my .02 cents. :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with much of what you said above & let me quote Elon M. Saying we don’t need people to live forever/Long, it hurts society bc “People don’t change” & are habitual. So younger newer generations are not afraid of change & therefore amazing opportunities can blossom! Example, such as buying everything online; thus Carvana & other major online auto sellers doing so well. That’s all the young know, so it’s natural for them. Others who enjoy visiting the dealer, test driving, kicking the tires are old school (that’s what they know) so they are the Huge ICE following crowd. But Ford nudged/forced them out their comfort zone by requiring to purchase this MACH-E online (Without seeing, driving, touching) & accepting an ELECTRIC power train. And the loyal masses followed. The tides will continue to change over the next decade & at some point, I feel will be there, where everything will be online & appointment based for service visits of any kind.. Tesla was the innovator but the competition watched & will duplicate his model bc it is winning for the times.. The thing is, FORD has a HUGE calling & base & have dominated for DECADES & therefore will do what they have to do to stay ahead of the game & keep their base while also appealing & bringing some Tesla base over to the wild side…🐎 That’s my .02 cents. :)
Well stated

1 - 12 of 12 Posts