1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is IT!
We go in tomorrow AM, June 30th to pickup our Mach-E
Hoping they honor the X-Plan.
MCA Member since Mar. 12th. Past the required 90 day membership now.
Hoping to get the Ford Credit incentives. $2600 for a Premium in my zipcode.
Big Down payment and finance balance of about $13K.
Make 1 or 2 installments and then request the pay off amount.
After the incentives arrive pay off the balance.
How long before the incentives are kicked down to the Buyer?
How does this scenario sound?
Anybody foresee a problem with this?
Joe dog

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,943 Posts
I guess this is IT!
Joe dog
The incentives do not "kick down to the buyer" nor do "they arrive."

The incentives contained in the Option Plan are factored in immediately into the monthly payments.

X-Plan is MSRP less 2% + $275. Document fees are limited to $100. This should be your starting price in the Option Plan. Then the incentives are deducted from this price.

Some on this Forum have requested several days before hand the paper work including copy of the Option Plan to review and work out before they go to the dealer. That seems like a good idea to me.

I do not know how your state incentives work, if any. Each state is different. In NY the incentive is also figured into the Option Plan and reduces the price.

Federal Tax Credit will be on your 2021 Tax return.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
I guess this is IT!
Joe dog
I took the Options plan and I am satisfied with it. I will be paying off early, most likely in January.
The $2600 incentive decreases the MSRP, after x-plan discounts are applied. The balloon payment amount is fixed no matter how much you put down. Therefore, any discounts, incentives, and monies decrease the monthly payments.
There is a maximum amount down that can be applied for the Options plan (i have no clue why). I believe you cannot exceed 25% of the car price. If you want to put down more, you may have to opt for standard financing, or just add those monies to the pay-off you mentioned.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I took the Options plan and I am satisfied with it. I will be paying off early, most likely in January.
The $2600 incentive decreases the MSRP, after x-plan discounts are applied. The balloon payment amount is fixed no matter how much you put down. Therefore, any discounts, incentives, and monies decrease the monthly payments.
There is a maximum amount down that can be applied for the Options plan (i have no clue why). I believe you cannot exceed 25% of the car price. If you want to put down more, you may have to opt for standard financing, or just add those monies to the pay-off you mentioned.

Best of luck!
As to max amount you can put down: I think that people who would have paid in full and opt for the Option Plan to get the incentives ($1,000/2,500 depending on zip code) would have put down a great amount, reducing the monthly payment so much that this would have been a loss for Ford Financial.

As many of us have discussed, if your plan was to buy and not finance the car, using the Option Plan is the only way to get the incentive. From Ford's perspective I think they anticipate very few paying off the balance so the $2,500 is to equalize the interest of 2.25% vs. financing at .9%.

I doubt the average person, who has not been on this forum - and learned from this forum, is taking the Option Plan with the intention of paying off it off vs. buying outright.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am also picking up my car this evening. I am doing a 3 year option plan at 2.25%, with 30% down. I asked for a copy emailed of the option plan to make sure they are doing it correct, and they said everything is done electronically, and they will go thru it when I arrive. Does this sound right? I want to be sure the car is titled just like a traditional finance loan to ensure the $7500 tax credit when I do my taxes. The money they showed me is less than $20 per month difference per month that what I estimated so at least the money portion is right. I also want to pay off the car within a year and make sure there isn't a payoff early penalty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am also picking up my car this evening. I am doing a 3 year option plan at 2.25%, with 30% down. I asked a copy emailed of the option plan to make sure they are doing it correct, and they said everything is done electronically. Does this sound right? I want to be sure the car is titled just like a traditional finance loan. The money they showed me is less than $20 per month difference that what I estimated so at least the money portion is right.
Yes, everything is done electronically. Even your signatures (many times) are done electronically. No paper to sign.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I am also picking up my car this evening. I am doing a 3 year option plan at 2.25%, with 30% down. I asked for a copy emailed of the option plan to make sure they are doing it correct, and they said everything is done electronically, and they will go thru it when I arrive. Does this sound right? I want to be sure the car is titled just like a traditional finance loan to ensure the $7500 tax credit when I do my taxes. The money they showed me is less than $20 per month difference per month that what I estimated so at least the money portion is right. I also want to pay off the car within a year and make sure there isn't a payoff early penalty.
The Option Plan is a financing plan: title is your name, subject to a lien by Ford Financial.

You will claim the FTC of up to $7,500 on your 2021 tax return, form 8936.

see: About Form 8936, Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit | Internal Revenue Service

There is no penalty for early pay off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As to max amount you can put down: I think that people who would have paid in full and opt for the Option Plan to get the incentives ($1,000/2,500 depending on zip code) would have put down a great amount, reducing the monthly payment so much that this would have been a loss for Ford Financial.

As many of us have discussed, if your plan was to buy and not finance the car, using the Option Plan is the only way to get the incentive. From Ford's perspective I think they anticipate very few paying off the balance so the $2,500 is to equalize the interest of 2.25% vs. financing at .9%.

I doubt the average person, who has not been on this forum - and learned from this forum, is taking the Option Plan with the intention of paying off it off vs. buying outright.

Just my $.02.
Can you elaborate on the incentives that you mention ($1,000/$2,500 depending on zip code) - what are these? Is this a state-by-state incentive?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Can you elaborate on the incentives that you mention ($1,000/$2,500 depending on zip code) - what are these? Is this a state-by-state incentive?
Under the Option Plan the incentives vary depending on zip code, between $1,000 and $2,500.

If you go to Ford.com, under SUV, click on the MME, put in your zip code and a dealer will appear. Click select.

When you go to configure your MME, at the upper right will be a finance calculator.

When you open the finance calculator, under Option Plan details the incentive for your zip code will appear.

One caveat: in some states the Option Plan is not available. I think Nevada is one of those states. If the Option Plan is not offered, then your choice is to buy outright, finance or lease. However, in the lease, Ford keeps the FTC of $7,500. This makes the monthly lease payment not competitive. I do not believe anyone on this forum has leased.

That leaves either buying outright or financing. In both you get the FTC of up to $7,500.

Hope this clarifies.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Under the Option Plan the incentives vary depending on zip code, between $1,000 and $2,500.

If you go to Ford.com, under SUV, click on the MME, put in your zip code and a dealer will appear. Click select.

When you go to configure your MME, at the upper right will be a finance calculator.

When you open the finance calculator, under Option Plan details the incentive for your zip code will appear.

One caveat: in some states the Option Plan is not available. I think Nevada is one of those states. If the Option Plan is not offered, then your choice is to buy outright, finance or lease. However, in the lease, Ford keeps the FTC of $7,500. This makes the monthly lease payment not competitive. I do not believe anyone on this forum has leased.

That leaves either buying outright or financing. In both you get the FTC of up to $7,500.

Hope this clarifies.
Thanks - it says $2500, but it seems to indicate that the unit has to come from dealer stock. I have ordered a GT, so maybe I won't qualify for this. Bummer

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Thanks - it says $2500, but it seems to indicate that the unit has to come from dealer stock. I have ordered a GT, so maybe I won't qualify for this. Bummer
I do not think you are correct: the language you are referring to I believe has a date as well. For my zip code for the GT it is 07/06/2021.

The date keeps getting extended.

As long as you get your car within that date, the incentive applies.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I guess this is IT!
Joe dog
Congrats, good for you!! It seems you've been waiting so long.
I could be wrong, I often am, but doesn't options restrict you to max. 30% down payment?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats, good for you!! It seems you've been waiting so long.
I could be wrong, I often am, but doesn't options restrict you to max. 30% down payment?
yes, i read the same thing that Options restricts you to 30%
thanks for the info on the incentive guys - I will keep an eye on that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok Guys and Gals,
Here's what happened at the dealership.
Keep in mind: small island, one ford dealer, 6 mos. from order to delivery.
Whew.
Replacing my wife's the gracefully aging 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid.
Grinding my teeth now.
Sorry can't honor the x-plan because you agreed previously to a $2600 added dealer mark-up.
1/2 of what they were gonna tack on.
Sorry those incentives are NOT what you think they are.
Must use option plan, Can only put down 30%, then they reduce your payments as you make them until the $2600 is used up.
So we are still getting the $7500 tax credit.
Too much rigamaroll.
We did get a $100 rebate and a I worked a deal where the dealer pays for 50% of the Ford Connected Charger.
So Far So Good with the Mach-E

And shes still smiling!!!

·
Registered
2021 MME, FE, 4X, Carbonized Gray Matallic
220 Posts
Ok Guys and Gals,
Here's what happened at the dealership.
Keep in mind: small island, one ford dealer, 6 mos. from order to delivery.
Whew.
Replacing my wife's the gracefully aging 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid.
Grinding my teeth now.
Sorry can't honor the x-plan because you agreed previously to a $2600 added dealer mark-up.
1/2 of what they were gonna tack on.
Sorry those incentives are NOT what you think they are.
Must use option plan, Can only put down 30%, then they reduce your payments as you make them until the $2600 is used up.
So we are still getting the $7500 tax credit.
Too much rigamaroll.
We did get a $100 rebate and a I worked a deal where the dealer pays for 50% of the Ford Connected Charger.
So Far So Good with the Mach-E

And shes still smiling!!!

View attachment 5913
Aloha Joe, Fred from Ewa Beach here. Congratulations on your MME. We go days without seeing another one on the road here. I hope that you are having as much fun as we are with our MME!
Aloha

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aloha Joe, Fred from Ewa Beach here. Congratulations on your MME. We go days without seeing another one on the road here. I hope that you are having as much fun as we are with our MME!
Aloha
Yeah Hey Thanks Fred
We love it
the technology is demanding
Seems like there is wi fi in the car.
when we sync to it we're not sure we are connected.
is there a password?
We're reading and trying things about the car and have learned a lot.
But it seems with the phone synced up, texting and sending images dont work.
using the phone anyway.
My wife did get a voiceto text message to my daughter and it was all correct and capitalized properly..
Im sure we'll figure it out
BTW the B&O stereo sounds awesome so that seems to be working.
Haven't tried the PaaK yet.
Ill be posting this thread

j dog

·
Registered
2021 MME, FE, 4X, Carbonized Gray Matallic
220 Posts
Yeah Hey Thanks Fred
We love it
the technology is demanding
Seems like there is wi fi in the car.
when we sync to it we're not sure we are connected.
is there a password?
We're reading and trying things about the car and have learned a lot.
But it seems with the phone synced up, texting and sending images dont work.
using the phone anyway.
My wife did get a voiceto text message to my daughter and it was all correct and capitalized properly..
Im sure we'll figure it out
BTW the B&O stereo sounds awesome so that seems to be working.
Haven't tried the PaaK yet.
Ill be posting this thread

j dog
Aloha, you may have missed some of the bugs. We took our MME in last week for the PaaK recall. PaaK and B&O both were fixed; we can now leave the key fob at home. Yes, lots of technology in this car. We have achieved muscle memory for most of the functions. We use Android Auto and that too has improved since the recall. We did a little customizing; the ceramic coating really helps to keep the piano black clean and spot free; you should consider a ceramic coating. [Edited]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for all the information provided here. Didn't mean to hijack the OP's thread. T-7 hours for me!
Post some pictures from Terry’s Ford when you get a chance.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts