Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Clearly Musk sent the message to get the cars out no matter what (quality be damned) so he could get his bonus from another profitable quarter
For sure, he's throwing anything and everything out the door to try and keep up with demand. It's worked I guess, Tesla is now the world's most valuable car company over Toyota.

·
Registered
408 Posts
For sure, he's throwing anything and everything out the door to try and keep up with demand. It's worked I guess, Tesla is now the world's most valuable car company over Toyota.
Which won't last long if they keep trying to foist cars with unconnected back seats or seatbelts on customers, and then "punishing" them by banning said customer from getting another car for a year if they reject the delivery. After all, GM was king for a very long time before their complacency and stupidity knocked them down.

That valuation is also highly questionable considering how small of a sliver of the auto market they actually have.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Sorry, I thought I posted this Saturday:

I've just heard from my contact in Cuautitlan. Pre-production run is almost done and preparations for production are coming along well.

All of the Michigan-made parts have been shipped to Cuautitlan and the last parts for the pre-production units should be made this week, so assembly of pre-production units will be finished soon. Apparently some of the pre-production units may go to dealers to serve as demos. That means those of you waiting to decide will have a better chance to test drive one before you order.

With the last parts shipped from Michigan, the last tools are being prepped for shipment to Mexico. Those tools are scheduled to ship mid-month. They will then install, test and prep them for full production to begin. There are a few pre-production Mach Es driving around the plant now.

Folks are pretty well adjusted to to social-distancing and use of masks, face shields, and other personal protective equipment. Fingers crossed, they will have fully-staffed assembly lines once production begins. Full plant staffing is a bit under 2000.

Production may start by August (hurrah!). As they are produced, the cars will be stacked up in the parking lot as they await checking and approval. As part of the current plant construction, they are building new parking lots right now. Sorry, no estimate on the throughput of the factory, though. I may be able to get that once production gets going. We chatted about the fit and finish and other quality issues Tesla is having. My source said the Cuautitlan plant is "by far the pickiest plant Ford owns. They make sure everything is right." That was music to my ears!

As an aside, no problems from that recent earthquake but they did have to evacuate, including remembering to put on all their PPE!

So things are looking good to put the Mach E back on track.
Thank you for these updates. Very informative and useful. I assume that delivery to the US will be via truck?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you for these updates. Very informative and useful. I assume that delivery to the US will be via truck?
You can assume but you may only be partially right. They'll probably ship them to distribution points via rail, then truck them to dealers. Cuautitlan is conveniently located on one rail line to the coast for loading on ships and one up to the US.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can assume but you may only be partially right. They'll probably ship them to distribution points via rail, then truck them to dealers. Cuautitlan is conveniently located on one rail line to the coast for loading on ships and one up to the US.

Drop a note and ask them to slip just one Premium, in infinite blue, onto a Kawaihae, Hawaii bound vessel with my name on it. I'm sure no one will miss it. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry, I thought I posted this Saturday:

I've just heard from my contact in Cuautitlan. Pre-production run is almost done and preparations for production are coming along well.

All of the Michigan-made parts have been shipped to Cuautitlan and the last parts for the pre-production units should be made this week, so assembly of pre-production units will be finished soon. Apparently some of the pre-production units may go to dealers to serve as demos. That means those of you waiting to decide will have a better chance to test drive one before you order.

With the last parts shipped from Michigan, the last tools are being prepped for shipment to Mexico. Those tools are scheduled to ship mid-month. They will then install, test and prep them for full production to begin. There are a few pre-production Mach Es driving around the plant now.

Folks are pretty well adjusted to to social-distancing and use of masks, face shields, and other personal protective equipment. Fingers crossed, they will have fully-staffed assembly lines once production begins. Full plant staffing is a bit under 2000.

Production may start by August (hurrah!). As they are produced, the cars will be stacked up in the parking lot as they await checking and approval. As part of the current plant construction, they are building new parking lots right now. Sorry, no estimate on the throughput of the factory, though. I may be able to get that once production gets going. We chatted about the fit and finish and other quality issues Tesla is having. My source said the Cuautitlan plant is "by far the pickiest plant Ford owns. They make sure everything is right." That was music to my ears!

As an aside, no problems from that recent earthquake but they did have to evacuate, including remembering to put on all their PPE!

So things are looking good to put the Mach E back on track.
Now with ford authority say that production will begin the October 26 I'm little confused with what you said.... what the plan will do from August to October with an assembly line already setup and the last tool on is way! Theirs a big gap between beginning of August and end of october 🤔

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Now with ford authority say that production will begin the October 26 I'm little confused with what you said.... what the plan will do from August to October with an assembly line already setup and the last tool on is way! Theirs a big gap between beginning of August and end of october 🤔
You and me both. My contact doesn't have access to these sorts of details but only knows when they will be ready to go. With that in mind, August/September could be the time the units from the fabled "first 4000" reservation numbers get built. Those would include dealer demos and final test units. I'd rather they spend two months practicing on those 4000 before getting to the customer cars.

If we figure roughly 1000 units per week in full production, 8 weeks at half speed for shaking bugs out of the line would take up most of that time. Then the production of customer units could begin at full pace October 26.

Mind you, the above is all just my supposition at this point. We also don't know if the October 26 date is right. It's from Ford Authority's "source" and not an announcement from Ford.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You and me both. My contact doesn't have access to these sorts of details but only knows when they will be ready to go. With that in mind, August/September could be the time the units from the fabled "first 4000" reservation numbers get built. Those would include dealer demos and final test units. I'd rather they spend two months practicing on those 4000 before getting to the customer cars.

If we figure roughly 1000 units per week in full production, 8 weeks at half speed for shaking bugs out of the line would take up most of that time. Then the production of customer units could begin at full pace October 26.

Mind you, the above is all just my supposition at this point. We also don't know if the October 26 date is right. It's from Ford Authority's "source" and not an announcement from Ford.
If they was saying that the unit will be ready to be ship on october 26, it make sense but not the prod will begin at this point... I'm from Quebec canada and my order as been place on june 25 with priority 10 code. Hope to received it before winter.

·
Registered
77 Posts
A poster on blueovals forum confirmed that October 26 is the 2021 MY Job#1 date per Ford's Fleet Distribution Newsletter issued last Friday. August 20 is 2021 MY Scheduling Begins date. And we wait!!
If they was saying that the unit will be ready to be ship on october 26, it make sense but not the prod will begin at this point... I'm from Quebec canada and my order as been place on june 25 with priority 10 code. Hope to received it before winter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A poster on blueovals forum confirmed that October 26 is the 2021 MY Job#1 date per Ford's Fleet Distribution Newsletter issued last Friday. August 20 is 2021 MY Scheduling Begins date. And we wait!!
What MY mean? Sorry about this question but I'm a French person 😉

·
Registered
77 Posts
What MY mean? Sorry about this question but I'm a French person 😉
Model Year. I did not know either and had to ask the poster. Ford would have to have tested their production line before then so maybe that would mean the production line is “officialy open”??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Model Year. I did not know either and had to ask the poster. Ford would have to have tested their production line before then so maybe that would mean the production line is “officialy open”??
They already test their line with 300 per production vehicule.

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Job 1 is the first production article. So I guess we wait until after Thanksgiving for our Mach-E.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
OK, I just poked around in Blue Oval Forums and saw:

On 7/5/2020 at 8:11 AM, ice-capades said:
Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), here's the production timetable for the 2021 Mustang Mach-E.
  • 06/22/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/20/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/26/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date
So that explains the news broken by Ford Authority.

This also means that reservations converted to orders by the 7/31 First Edition deadline will be part of the first build scheduling. Not sure if orders through 8/20 would still make it into the first scheduling. We'd need someone with more details on how that works to be sure.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), here's the production timetable for the 2021 Mustang Mach-E.

This also means that reservations converted to orders by the 7/31 First Edition deadline will be part of the first build scheduling. Not sure if orders through 8/20 would still make it into the first scheduling. We'd need someone with more details on how that works to be sure.
What is job #1 date mean?

·
Registered
162 Posts

This makes sense. I wonder if the rumor that Ford will send pre-production models for dealers strictly for test drives will hold true?

·
Registered
92 Posts

Going by this assumption then can we say that production will go very well into the next year (even for the Premiums).
I was using 100 per week as the baseline and to make around 45k more units that's atleast 40 weeks.
I still haven't converted my reservation to an order and it looks like already I may not be in line to get my premium by the end of this year (since its been over a week since it opened)

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Going by this assumption then can we say that production will go very well into the next year (even for the Premiums).
I was using 100 per week as the baseline and to make around 45k more units that's atleast 40 weeks.
I still haven't converted my reservation to an order and it looks like already I may not be in line to get my premium by the end of this year (since its been over a week since it opened)
The plant can produce thousands of vehicles a week, around 250,000 a year. it makes sense to get as many orders in and scheduled before firing up the furnaces. Cheaper to keep the line moving.
I believe there is a good chance you will see your vehicle this year if you convert by July 30 (unless you reserved a GT, of course.)

21 - 40 of 65 Posts