Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
The plant can produce thousands of vehicles a week, around 250,000 a year. it makes sense to get as many orders in and scheduled before firing up the furnaces. Cheaper to keep the line moving.
I believe there is a good chance you will see your vehicle this year if you convert by July 30 (unless you reserved a GT, of course.)
Thanks this makes sense I reserved the premium but due to some financial conditions that I put myself into lol I would really like to get my premium in January. If I can somehow make this work without losing my reservation I would be incredibly happy.

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Thanks this makes sense I reserved the premium but due to some financial conditions that I put myself into lol I would really like to get my premium in January. If I can somehow make this work without losing my reservation I would be incredibly happy.
Paying the bills always takes priority over our toys. And this is an expensive one. Not worth putting yourself in a jam over. Best of luck, I hope it works out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If they was saying that the unit will be ready to be ship on october 26, it make sense but not the prod will begin at this point... I'm from Quebec canada and my order as been place on june 25 with priority 10 code. Hope to received it before winter.
Hi, I also reserved my car in Quebec but all I have is a Sales Contract on paper. How did you convert it into an actual order ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
On 7/5/2020 at 8:11 AM, ice-capades said:
Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), here's the production timetable for the 2021 Mustang Mach-E.
  • 06/22/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/20/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/26/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date
Just within the last Month Ford changed on their Mach-E Build & Price web site that the CA Route 1 and Select Models
would be available Late 2020 instead of the 2021 stated on this site before.

The start of production date of 10/26/2020 just does not work with that late a date.

The approx. 2,600 N.A. First Editions would take until 11/15/2020 to complete.

The at least 12,000 N.A. Premiums would take until 2/15/2021 to complete.

The CA Route 1 and Selects would be late Feb / March --- not even close to 2020.

None of this works out unless the actual date of start of production is around the middle of Sept.

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Hi, I also reserved my car in Quebec but all I have is a Sales Contract on paper. How did you convert it into an actual order ?
I don’t know how the process is for Canada. I would check with your dealership.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just within the last Month Ford changed on their Mach-E Build & Price web site that the CA Route 1 and Select Models
would be available Late 2020 instead of the 2021 stated on this site before.

The start of production date of 10/26/2020 just does not work with that late a date.

The approx. 2,600 N.A. First Editions would take until 11/15/2020 to complete.

The at least 12,000 N.A. Premiums would take until 2/15/2021 to complete.

The CA Route 1 and Selects would be late Feb / March --- not even close to 2020.

None of this works out unless the actual date of start of production is around the middle of Sept.
What makes you think they would only produce the models serially? They could mix some Premiums in the line-up with the First Editions. Did Ford ever say they would make all the First Editions before they start other models? If they want to get some Premiums out to the dealers early, it would make sense that they put at least some of them in the production schedule early.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I hope that the 1000 cars per week is a low estimate based on the current situation. If the plant is running at 100% I would expect more.

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
I hope that the 1000 cars per week is a low estimate based on the current situation. If the plant is running at 100% I would expect more.
Close to 5,000 per week at full production, but with COVID, they may only get half that bacause the gap in shifts as the clean everything down.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Better than the 100 per week said earlier in a post 😉 production will stop for 2021 MY in august 2021. If it really start in october so is about 10 month of production for 50000 units. Around 43 week of production make an average of 1163 units per week

·
Registered
49 Posts
Better than the 100 per week said earlier in a post 😉 production will stop for 2021 MY in august 2021. If it really start in october so is about 10 month of production for 50000 units. Around 43 week of production make an average of 1163 units per week
OK, now I got it 😊 even 1000 a week would put my patience to the test if production begins that late in October 😉

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Going by this assumption then can we say that production will go very well into the next year (even for the Premiums).
I was using 100 per week as the baseline and to make around 45k more units that's atleast 40 weeks.
I still haven't converted my reservation to an order and it looks like already I may not be in line to get my premium by the end of this year (since its been over a week since it opened)
Did you mean to say 1000 per week?

·
Registered
72 Posts
What makes you think they would only produce the models serially? They could mix some Premiums in the line-up with the First Editions. Did Ford ever say they would make all the First Editions before they start other models? If they want to get some Premiums out to the dealers early, it would make sense that they put at least some of them in the production schedule early.
Well to state the obvious --- the entire premise of the Model is in the name choice. :)

Remember also, Ford cutoff reservations for the First Editions after less than 2 weeks --- it was always going to be a small initial production.

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Well to state the obvious --- the entire premise of the Model is in the name choice. :)

Remember also, Ford cutoff reservations for the First Editions after less than 2 weeks --- it was always going to be a small initial production.
The line won’t pause once the FE’sare built, Thats not efficient. so technically, you are both right.

·
Registered
51 Posts

FE is about 6% of total production as I can see on one of my document. So 3000 unit and 40% for north America = 1200 units

·
Registered
92 Posts
Paying the bills always takes priority over our toys. And this is an expensive one. Not worth putting yourself in a jam over. Best of luck, I hope it works out.
Thank you! anyways, got a hard deadline from FoMoCo to convert my reservation. Also my 'good guy' dealership said they will hold the car for me when i am about to buy it (although im not sure wat fees i will be accruing for the few days ill like to get)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jeez, they have to scrap 300 preproduction units because they can't be sold! Seems like a waste. I know a couple have to be crash tested, but I wonder what are the regulations preventing the sale of the others. I'd love to have one for a decent price!

So the tool is used to produce a preproduction model part in Michigan that can't be sold. But the same tool shipped to Mexico and installed there can be used to produce production cars? WTF
They usually keep the test units for a few years to use them for different things.

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Thank you! anyways, got a hard deadline from FoMoCo to convert my reservation. Also my 'good guy' dealership said they will hold the car for me when i am about to buy it (although im not sure wat fees i will be accruing for the few days ill like to get)
View attachment 1835
Interesting. So if you get your order in by Aug 31, you will be in the first build cycle. I Was wondering what the cut-off date was.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
They already test their line with 300 per production vehicule.
Not really. Lots of parts for those 300 cars were made in Michigan and shipped down. They also didn't have the full line robotics up and running then, so it was a much more manual operation than when the line is really running.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts