Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interior

You can read Mustang when you open the door.

Interior feels a lot more spacious once you sit inside.

Sunroof blocks most of the sun and feels cool. I am not so worried anymore :) Pic shows a cloudy sky but I think it will do just fine on a sunny day.

Yay, I found a sunglass holder!

Big phones should fit on the left and small ones on the right. Wireless charging only works with the left one though.

Not so spacious but okay. You need to both lift handrest and slide the cover out to access the storage space. IMO, the plastics could improve their premium feel a bit more.

One of my favorites is the door handle. Feels so natural and effortless.

Yes, it's a big display but doesn't feel that way when you use it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am very much impressed with the audio system and Android Auto Wireless worked without any hassle (with minor glitches).

Here's everything that I could navigate through in SYNC 4A. UI feels really smooth, screen feels cool to touch. I wish they had an option use volume knob to control temperature and fan speed too.

I also went for a test ride and I will probably add reply about that later. One thing that I forgot to record is the propulsion sounds :(

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
88 Posts
Really nice thanks! Lots of photos of point of view we don't see in Ford's presentation.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ugh! New York State has a front license plate requirement. I can't stand the thought of some drill happy dealer employee putting the bracket on. Also... I wish we had the skinny and long license plates in the US.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,117 Posts
Ugh! New York State has a front license plate requirement. I can't stand the thought of some drill happy dealer employee putting the bracket on. Also... I wish we had the skinny and long license plates in the US.
There are other options that don't involve drilling.

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts
Hi @jineshkj - I was at that same dealer today in Somerville, but at 6PM. Your pictures are outstanding, Great work!

Here are my thoughts, I would love to see if others have similar views.

Design:
When anyone says the Mustang Mach-E looks a lot better in person, they are not lying. This vehicle is stunning up close, pictures do not do justice.

There is a good balance of legacy-style controls and new tech. Anyone who sits in the MMe will have very few questions on how to get around with this car. I see this blend as the true gateway to EVs for the ICE consumer, leaving them feeling at ease in a familiar space.

Build quality:
Even with these pre-production units, the build quality is top-notch. I didn’t go over every square inch of paint or panel alignment, but I have a feeling we have nothing to worry about here.

Inside, the quality feel of 95% of the touch-points are excellent. The bins and places out of reach use standard plastics, but I couldn’t find rough molding edges in readily accessible areas (again, I didn’t go crawling around).

Unlike the usual practice of cheaping-out on the rear doors, the materials in the MMe are similar to the front doors.

Overall, the MMe feels solid.

Functional Stuff:
  • Rumor has it that the frunk divider will be deleted from production. We shall see.
  • Answer to a common question: the drivers seat cushion height in its lowest position is about 26" (66 cm) from the ground.
  • I thought we would hate it, but the simple door-opening button mechanism is an extremely natural operation. My wife did complain that I left fingerprints on ‘her’ car.
  • rear cargo space is okay. The Model Y has more.
  • the MMe rear visibility is better than the Model Y, but thats not saying much.
  • The seats are comfortable and give good support. They easily adjust to accommodate short and tall drivers.
  • the rear door manual override is exactly like the front doors, intuitive and easily accessible. Unlike the Model Y, where you have to dig inside the lower rear-door pocket, remove the liner, and open a hatch to get to it.
Sync 4a - too much to look at, see @jineshkj video posted above.

And finally, the ride!

When I arrived, Ford Corporate was present at the event. They were giving rides around a loop, so people could get a feel for the ride, performance and handling. We had the benefit of being the last for the night. All my views here are from riding shot-gun.

It is fast. There is no exaggeration about the 0-60 time of the ER/AWD.

The ride is firm, but not harsh. The suspension subtly informs you of the roads imperfections, so you know what’s under-foot.

The low center-of-gravity, along with the suspension and eAWD, make this thing whip around tight curves in an extremely controlled fashion.

Alas, I need to be behind the wheel for any further judgments on performance. It does feel promising so far!

Test-drive aside, my only outstanding question is if Ford has met their EPA targets.

No regrets placing my order for the MMe. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
29 Posts
Hi @jineshkj - I was at that same dealer today in Somerville, but at 6PM. Your pictures are outstanding, Great work!

Here are my thoughts, I would love to see if others have similar views.

Design:
When anyone says the Mustang Mach-E looks a lot better in person, they are not lying. This vehicle is stunning up close, pictures do not do justice.

There is a good balance of legacy-style controls and new tech. Anyone who sits in the MMe will have very few questions on how to get around with this car. I see this blend as the true gateway to EVs for the ICE consumer, leaving them feeling at ease in a familiar space.

Build quality:
Even with these pre-production units, the build quality is top-notch. I didn’t go over every square inch of paint or panel alignment, but I have a feeling we have nothing to worry about here.

Inside, the quality feel of 95% of the touch-points are excellent. The bins and places out of reach use standard plastics, but I couldn’t find rough molding edges in readily accessible areas (again, I didn’t go crawling around).

Unlike the usual practice of cheaping-out on the rear doors, the materials in the MMe are similar to the front doors.

Overall, the MMe feels solid.

Functional Stuff:
  • Rumor has it that the frunk divider will be deleted from production. We shall see.
  • Answer to a common question: the drivers seat cushion height in its lowest position is about 26" (66 cm) from the ground.
  • I thought we would hate it, but the simple door-opening button mechanism is an extremely natural operation. My wife did complain that I left fingerprints on ‘her’ car.
  • rear cargo space is okay. The Model Y has more.
  • the MMe rear visibility is better than the Model Y, but thats not saying much.
  • The seats are comfortable and give good support. They easily adjust to accommodate short and tall drivers.
  • the rear door manual override is exactly like the front doors, intuitive and easily accessible. Unlike the Model Y, where you have to dig inside the lower rear-door pocket, remove the liner, and open a hatch to get to it.
Sync 4a - too much to look at, see @jineshkj video posted above.

And finally, the ride!

When I arrived, Ford Corporate was present at the event. They were giving rides around a loop, so people could get a feel for the ride, performance and handling. We had the benefit of being the last for the night. All my views here are from riding shot-gun.

It is fast. There is no exaggeration about the 0-60 time of the ER/AWD.

The ride is firm, but not harsh. The suspension subtly informs you of the roads imperfections, so you know what’s under-foot.

The low center-of-gravity, along with the suspension and eAWD, make this thing whip around tight curves in an extremely controlled fashion.

Alas, I need to be behind the wheel for any further judgments on performance. It does feel promising so far!

Test-drive aside, my only outstanding question is if Ford has met their EPA targets.

No regrets placing my order for the MMe. Looking forward to it!
Good review. You answered my concern about seat height from ground; you said:
  • "Answer to a common question: the drivers seat cushion height in its lowest position is about 26" (66 cm) from the ground."
Good news for me personally. I like the idea of getting in and out with ease, sliding over and in, rather than to drop down so far. I'm 6'.

·
Registered
240 Posts
There are other options that don't involve drilling.
Not excited by any of them. Also, need to make sure any aftermarket options don't interfere with any sensors/cameras up front.

This is another one of those mind bogglingly stupid items... A majority, I believe 30, out of 50 states require a front license plate. Yet the solution most cars is drill through the fresh factory finish. WTF? Some dealers are good at this but I've seen brand new cars with a 1/2 dozen holes drilled into the bumper. Some with mis-matching screws.... "Sorry... our technician was smoking weed out back before and misaligned the first attempt. All the holes are hidden behind the plate anyway." Of course... these are the dealers that still paint their ghastly logo on the trunk lid.

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts
Good review. You answered my concern about seat height from ground; you said:
  • "Answer to a common question: the drivers seat cushion height in its lowest position is about 26" (66 cm) from the ground."
Good news for me personally. I like the idea of getting in and out with ease, sliding over and in, rather than to drop down so far. I'm 6'.
Thanks. If you get the chance, try to make it to one of the tour stops. It looks like they are adding more locations.

I was also happy it wasn’t as low as imagined. My wife liked the vehicle size as well, and she’s 5’ 2”. She doesn’t have to climb into it.

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
88 Posts
One dealer in Montreal got the MMe today only. To bad I wasn't near. This was unexpected so I don't know if there is any other stop in Quebec.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I am very much impressed with the audio system and Android Auto Wireless worked without any hassle (with minor glitches).

View attachment 2741

View attachment 2743

Here's everything that I could navigate through in SYNC 4A. UI feels really smooth, screen feels cool to touch. I wish they had an option use volume knob to control temperature and fan speed too.

I also went for a test ride and I will probably add reply about that later. One thing that I forgot to record is the propulsion sounds :(
Great photos! Thank you for posting them.

I normally like black, but here the blue and the white seem better. Very nice.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,117 Posts
One dealer in Montreal got the MMe today only. To bad I wasn't near. This was unexpected so I don't know if there is any other stop in Quebec.
This is the problem. Why doesn't Ford notify order-holders, reservation holders, and others interested in the Mach E when it is coming to town. Total Marketing failure!

I sent these today:

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is the problem. Why doesn't Ford notify order-holders, reservation holders, and others interested in the Mach E when it is coming to town. Total Marketing failure!
Exactly! I should have asked them. I don't understand what's the point in having a tour without letting anyone know about it, especially those who are already in Ford's database. My only guess is they probably wanted to avoid crowds due to covid.

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts
I would like to know how the door handled is attached to the door. Just want to make sure it is secure in the long run.
On the outside, there’s waterproof button. The grab-handle feels cold-to-the-touch, like painted metal. It was sturdy and appeared to be mounted directly to the door frame. Can’t really tell without taking the door apart.

on the inside, its a lever on a hinge between the grab-handle and door. The grab-handle has metal reinforcements, and is part of the inner door panel, which is one entire assembly (this part based on other current Ford products). This panel may turn out to be different. Who knows what other engineering and manufacturing changes were made in this new vehicle.

We need Santy Munro to do a tear-down.

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts
Exactly! I should have asked them. I don't understand what's the point in having a tour without letting anyone know about it, especially those who are already in Ford's database. My only guess is they probably wanted to avoid crowds due to covid.
The whole idea of making an appointment is that there are no crowds. There were a few walk-ins and they were allowed to look but didn’t get the whole dog-and-pony show.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts