·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will say this, like any vehicle manufacturer (Polestar 2 shut downs) Tesla has its issues and as vehicle become more technologically sophisticated more things can and will go wrong. However, Tesla's issues seem to be related to sloppy assembly and not technology. I'm more forgiving on a software glitch on an innovative program that I am on rear doors filling with water, bumpers falling off and roofs blowing off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I will say this, like any vehicle manufacturer (Polestar 2 shut downs) Tesla has its issues and as vehicle become more technologically sophisticated more things can and will go wrong. However, Tesla's issues seem to be related to sloppy assembly and not technology. I'm more forgiving on a software glitch on an innovative program that I am on rear doors filling with water, bumpers falling off and roofs blowing off.
This is exactly what kills me about them. The engineering of the batteries and electrical systems are a generation ahead of everyone else, but they can't manage to consistently bolt parts on the car.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
77 Posts
This. Tesla's tech is solid (caveat being autopilot which needs more time). I would have bought a Tesla if it were not for the fit and finish issues (which do not seem to be getting better).

·
Registered
588 Posts
This is exactly what kills me about them. The engineering of the batteries and electrical systems are a generation ahead of everyone else, but they can't manage to consistently bolt parts on the car.
Elon's philosophy borrowed from software companies is "just ship it and we'll fix it later". It's a short-term view that is ultimately self defeating, particularly since you can't OTA bad hardware. Tesla will not be able to prop up resale values like they have been when there are far better built cars that are just as good technologically.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
127 Posts
I just completed my test drive of the Model Y and eliminated it from my purchase list owing to a design failure. The high center console restricts the driver from moving their right leg and will cause discomfort during long drives, especially when using auto-pilot. Also worth noting, some body panels were slightly misaligned on my test drive vehicle. Not so much to stand out, but the perfectionist would have trouble accepting it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts