Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big news in Quebec. Previously, the maximum pdsf for the 8k$ rebate was 60k not including options. Now that companies try to workaround this by adding options to increase range and features, the gouvernment of Quebec have decided that options that impact range and traction (ex AWD) should be added to the pdsf.

So the applicable models are:
  • Select RWD
  • Select AWD
  • Premium, RWD standard range

Since a lot of reservations are for Premium AWD, there will probably have a lots of cancelation.

Nothing published yet about it but the Ford calculator have been updated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yup, very bad news indeed. Ford could conteract by lowering the interest rates on leases and financing. If they dont, lots of cars up for grab.

·
Registered
632 Posts
One of you Canadians will have to explain to me...

Doesn't Quebec generate most of its electricity from renewables? Mostly hydro?
Is it a capacity issue where there's no additional motivation for Quebec to incent BEVs (they'd would have to resort to fossils to make up additional demand)?

What gives?

·
Registered
Model 3 -> Mach-E First Edition
120 Posts
One of you Canadians will have to explain to me...

Doesn't Quebec generate most of its electricity from renewables? Mostly hydro?
Is it a capacity issue where there's no additional motivation for Quebec to incent BEVs (they'd would have to resort to fossils to make up additional demand)?

What gives?
There's no political will to provide taxpayer rebates to "wealthy" buyers who don't need the help, that's what this is, as it is the $60,000 MSRP cap is quite generous, IMO.

·
Registered
632 Posts
There's no political will to provide taxpayer rebates to "wealthy" buyers who don't need the help, that's what this is, as it is the $60,000 MSRP cap is quite generous, IMO.
Sure... agree completely but wouldn't a sliding scale make more sense? also...

Quebec have decided that options that impact range and traction (ex AWD) should be added to the pdsf.

So carbon fiber dash inlays and massage seats are OK... but batteries are not... Am I reading that correct?

·
Registered
2017, Chevy Bolt - Reserved 2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
73 Posts
Ontario Cancelled the grant for all BEV's and Hybrids a couple of years ago. I was fortunate to receive the rebate of $14,000 tax included on my Chevy Bolt. I would not have bought a BEV without the rebate at that time.

Now I am taking delivery of a Mustang MME FE at $73k plus tax. No rebate eligible in Ontario or Federally. I am so sold on BEV's that I don't need a rebate to be convinced to spend about $10k more then a similar ICE car. We still love our Bolt but just need something larger.

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my case, I have ordered a Select so I still get the rebate. But some would have taken the Select but decided to go with the Premium because of the rebate. Now they are now one month from receiving the vehicle and it's suddenly too expensive for them.

I think the maximum is still relevant since all automaker seems to top the price anyway.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,221 Posts
That's not going to help in their discussions with Ford to bring a plant there -- unless they are using this as leverage in those negotiations.

·
Super Moderator
1,889 Posts
That's not going to help in their discussions with Ford to bring a plant there -- unless they are using this as leverage in those negotiations.
Ford’s is still getting subsidies to redo their plant up in Canada to produce BEVs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The plant is going to Ontario, the rebate is a Quebec issue; this is a provincial rebate, not federal. Will have no impact at all.

·
Registered
2017, Chevy Bolt - Reserved 2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
73 Posts
The decision to convert a Ford Plant from ICE cars to BEV's in Ontario was made by Ford because it was a good one economically due to the plant already being very cost effective and in close proximity to Ford in Michigan. Both the Federal and provincial Canadian governments are providing some financial incentives to Ford for the conversion of the plant. By the time the first BEV cars roll off the line in Oakville Ontario, I expect that they will be selling for similar pricing to ICE cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts