Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Mustang Club of American President Endorses Mach-E

7K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  JerseyMME 
#1 ·
The Mach-E haters are REALLY going to hate this. From the Mustang Club of American FB page.

-----

From our President, Steve Prewitt:

I had the unique opportunity to see, touch, and review the new Mustang Mach-E in Los Angeles this past weekend. As Ford’s entry into the electric vehicle market they have done an astounding job in checking all the requisite items. This includes 5 models to choose from, styling cues reminiscent of its namesake, and an impressive portfolio of performance specifications. This new vehicle is not a replacement of the Mustang Pony car we have known and loved for over half a century. The two door Mustang is going to be around for many years to come. It will retain the raw power and styling that have led to modifications allowing us to make it unique to the individual. The two door Mustang is still the car designed to be designed by you and that is exactly what the Mustang enthusiasts will continue to do. Make no mistake, the Mustang Mach-E is not a Mustang Pony car in the typical sense, but it is a logical move in continuing the legacy of Mustang, specifically in design and innovation in the electric car market. The Mustang Mach-E is the next step in defining a new addition to the family just as was the fastback in 1965, the MACH 1 and BOSS 302 in 1969 and 70, the Mustang II in 1974, the Fox Body in 1979, the SN95 in 1994, the Bullitt edition cars and on and on. I remember the outcry in 2015 that the new Mustang looked too European and like a Fusion to ever be accepted by the Mustang enthusiasts. It would be the end of the Pony car as we knew it. That body style continues to evolve into one of the most loved Mustang editions yet. The Mustang Mach-E will not be for everyone. Many traditional Mustang enthusiasts will never accept the car simply because it is called a Mustang. That notwithstanding, there is a market for this vehicle, and I anticipate it will do well. I have always been reluctant to condemn something new or reject change until the full impact can be observed and evaluated. Some call that a wait and see attitude. It usually serves one well. Learn more about how to make one yours here: https://ford.to/MustangMachE.

See less See more
#7 ·
Of course, we do have the advantage of popping open the frunk and having a bunch of iced beer at the ready :p
That's the answer - hit them where they're weakest! Give them a beer and they'll have to accept you

I wonder if didn’t care for it, or he felt if he praised it too much he would get too much backlash?
He got crucified for the endorsement.

#5 ·
Frankly I've always hated the popped hood thing. I get showing off the engine, but most cars don't have an engine that's worth showing off... unless there's something really amazing about it.
I prefer closed hoods so I can get nice pics... then pop the hood if there's something worth showing or talking about.

#6 ·
its interesting how the MCA President spends most of the letter saying that the Mustang coupe wasn’t going anywhere, and explaining the many historical changes have not killed the Mustangs true roots.
He doesn’t say much about his take on the MMe. Just that it “checks all the boxes”
I wonder if didn’t care for it, or he felt if he praised it too much he would get too much backlash?

#8 ·
Just a thought . . . I joined the MCA - if for nothing else, the X-plan pricing. $35 a year for the digital membership. I went looking for their total membership, and did find their 2018 990 (MUSTANG CLUB OF AMERICA INC - Form Form 990-O for period ending Dec 2017 - Nonprofit Explorer - ProPublica), which showed total revenue from dues of $541,209. If you divide that out by $35 per member (digital membership), that's about 15,500 paying members, even at the lower $25 membership it's about 21,600 members. There are over 50,000 reservations now for the MME. Anyone else want to "storm the Bastille" and start a MME thread on the member forum? Or am I just asking for trouble? I don't hate the ICE Mustang, I love it. But the hate over there for the MME is palpable. If a bunch of us join and talk positively about the MME, it may make some heads explode. Maybe I will just start an innocuous "check in" thread for reservation holders for the MME on the Mustang information forum.

#10 ·
Just a thought . . . I joined the MCA - if for nothing else, the X-plan pricing. $35 a year for the digital membership. I went looking for their total membership, and did find their 2018 990 (MUSTANG CLUB OF AMERICA INC - Form Form 990-O for period ending Dec 2017 - Nonprofit Explorer - ProPublica), which showed total revenue from dues of $541,209. If you divide that out by $35 per member (digital membership), that's about 15,500 paying members, even at the lower $25 membership it's about 21,600 members. There are over 50,000 reservations now for the MME. Anyone else want to "storm the Bastille" and start a MME thread on the member forum? Or am I just asking for trouble? I don't hate the ICE Mustang, I love it. But the hate over there for the MME is palpable. If a bunch of us join and talk positively about the MME, it may make some heads explode. Maybe I will just start an innocuous "check in" thread for reservation holders for the MME on the Mustang information forum.
that sounds like a really bad idea. yes I think you're just asking for trouble.

#16 ·
They had the Thunderbird and Lightning names on the shelf! How perfect are those for electrification?

I can live with this being a Mustang. After all, it saved the V-8 versions from the EPA regulations.

If you are of the NotaMustang crew, You can think of the MMe as the brother no one really mentions. You love him and all, but he kinda embarasses some of the other siblings.

#17 ·
I'll say again... The Mustang badge has been put on some catastrophically embarrassing cars. Remember the econo-box rust bucket fox body disasters from the early 80s? Did those deserve the Mustang badge?
Most Mustangs sold today aren't even V8's (Ecoboost is 52% of sales).

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I'll say again... The Mustang badge has been put on some catastrophically embarrassing cars. Remember the econo-box rust bucket fox body disasters from the early 80s? Did those deserve the Mustang badge?
Most Mustangs sold today aren't even V8's (Ecoboost is 52% of sales).

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Let's also not forget the Mustang II...what a gem that was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.