Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Canada released some information to Canadians about the Mach-E's all-wheel drive system.

Apparently 90% of Mach-E pre-orders in Canada come with all-wheel drive.

Although spring is around the corner, a Canadian winter is inevitable next year. Fortunately, the newest Mustang – the all-electric Mustang Mach-E SUV – will soon arrive to tackle the most challenging road conditions with available all-wheel drive, a key feature that is helping to attract new customers to the brand.

Mustang Mach-E’s available all-wheel-drive system is proving popular with customers in Canada where close to 90 per cent of reservations include all-wheel drive option.

Ford has tested its all-electric Mustang Mach-E in extremely cold and hazardous conditions at Smithers Winter Test Center, an 800-acre world-class facility in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Here, Ford development engineers have worked to evaluate performance over the most challenging roads and in the harshest of elements.

“Mach-E’s available all-wheel drive is designed to help instill driver confidence in all conditions,” said Robert Iorio, Ford Mustang Mach-E vehicle engineering manager. “The team has integrated e-drive propulsion, all-wheel-drive calibration and brake control in a way that optimizes fine motor skills to enable an immediate response in low-traction conditions and ensure the performance expected from Mustang – even in the snow.”

Mustang Mach-E starts at $50,495 CDN. Deliveries begin late 2020.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In the Netherlands some 1.500 Mach E’s where ordered .
75 % have RWD and the long range battery.

We don’t have (m)any show and a lot of charging points.

the RWD is understandable but ER battery seems a bit overdone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In the Netherlands some 1.500 Mach E’s where ordered .
75 % have RWD and the long range battery.

We don’t have (m)any show and a lot of charging points.

the RWD is understandable but ER battery seems a bit overdone.
I live in The Netherlands too. The country is 400km long and 200km wide. I live in de center. So the SR gives me plenty of range. I think that de ER choice of the people in The Netherlands have to do with range anxiety.

To bad in The Netherlands RWD/AWD is a choice of looks too. I don't need te AWD but the RWD has 18" rims, gray trims and the less good looking headlights. So for the looks i have to choose the AWD.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live in The Netherlands too. The country is 400km long and 200km wide. I live in de center. So the SR gives me plenty of range. I think that de ER choice of the people in The Netherlands have to do with range anxiety.

To bad in The Netherlands RWD/AWD is a choice of looks too. I don't need te AWD but the RWD has 18" rims, gray trims and the less good looking headlights. So for the looks i have to choose the AWD.
I agree. That is the reason i choose the AWD with SR battery. The price difference is strange.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Here Ford shows the all-wheel-drive system being put to work in challenging winter weather conditions

The all-electric 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E's available all-wheel drive is designed to help instill driver confidence in extreme conditions.* Experts take the Mustang Mach-E for a test drive at the Smithers Winter Test Center to show you how.

And this promotional piece during a time we're expecting unusual conditions...

SPRINGTIME SNOWSTORM? ELECTRIC MUSTANG MACH-E’S ALL-WHEEL DRIVE READY FOR MOTHER NATURE’S SURPRISES
DEARBORN, Mich., May 08, 2020 – The Northeast United States is bracing for record cold and accumulating snow, according to forecasts, a surprise given we’re almost two months into spring. Fortunately, the newest Mustang – the all-electric Mustang Mach-E SUV – will soon arrive to tackle the most challenging road conditions with available all-wheel drive, a key feature that is helping to attract new customers to the brand.

Mustang Mach-E’s available all-wheel-drive system is proving popular with customers across the U.S., particularly in northern and Midwestern states – and almost all reservations in New England include all-wheel drive.

Ford has tested its all-electric Mustang Mach-E in extremely cold and hazardous conditions at Smithers Winter Test Center, an 800-acre world-class facility in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Here, Ford development engineers have worked to evaluate performance over the most challenging roads and in the harshest of elements.

“Mach-E’s available all-wheel drive is designed to help instill driver confidence in all conditions,” said Robert Iorio, Ford Mustang Mach-E vehicle engineering manager. “The team has integrated e-drive propulsion, all-wheel-drive calibration and brake control in a way that optimizes fine motor skills to enable an immediate response in low-traction conditions and ensure the performance expected from Mustang – even in the snow.”

·
Registered
5 Posts
[QUOTE = "Rudi, post: 4447, lid: 549"]
Ik woon ook in Nederland. Het land is 400 km lang en 200 km breed. Ik woon in het centrum. Dus de SR geeft me veel bereik. Ik denk dat de ER keuze van de mensen in Nederland te maken heeft met afstandsangst.

Jammer in Nederland RWD / AWD is ook een keuze aan looks. Ik heb de AWD niet nodig, maar de RWD heeft 18 "velgen, grijze afwerking en de minder goed uitziende koplampen. Dus voor de looks moet ik de AWD kiezen.
[/CITAAT]
Exactly the same here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was dissapointed that the video of driving in snowy conditions didn't include driving up a 6% grade covered with 10" to 20" of sticky snow. That is the road to my home and it has proved challanging to many vehicles.

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
86 Posts
I was disappointed that the video of driving in snowy conditions didn't include driving up a 6% grade covered with 10" to 20" of sticky snow. That is the road to my home and it has proved challenging to many vehicles.
The front of the car would be "plowing" 5 inches to 15 inches of snow as you drive. That would be something to see!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I was dissapointed that the video of driving in snowy conditions didn't include driving up a 6% grade covered with 10" to 20" of sticky snow. That is the road to my home and it has proved challanging to many vehicles.
I guess a Ford F-150 EV couldn't come soon enough because its going to happen and likely really shake up the pickup and EV markets.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess a Ford F-150 EV couldn't come soon enough because its going to happen and likely really shake up the pickup and EV markets.
Hopefully it's a game changer, the electric pickup market is going to be huge over the next couple of years.

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
Hopefully it's a game changer, the electric pickup market is going to be huge over the next couple of years.
They have fully functional prototypes of the F-150 EV. I haven’t seen what the new sheet metal looks like. Sounds like an excellent topic for a new thread in “off-topic” or maybe even “Mach E vs the Competition”. After all, oftentimes manufacturers end up competing with themselves.

I personally think the AWD system in the Mach E will do well for most of the inclement weather we face in NY/NJ. I definitely wouldn’t take it off-road anytime if I could avoid it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts