Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mach-E is starting to make its presence known in Europe as at least 1 has appeared in Germany at Ford Store Hagemeier in Halle / Westphalia.

One German fan was able to see it in person and shared some thoughts about it - https://blackmustangclub.de/?p=10324

This is translated from German to English
Only two Mustang Mach-E are currently in Europe. One of them, in the First Edition, was presented in the Ford Store Hagemeier in Halle / Westphalia.

Reason enough for me to start the almost 200 kilometers journey to be able to inspect the new pony.

Spaciously presented, the Mach-E makes a sporty, stretched impression even for me as a coupé lover. The car also looks dynamic for a modern SUV, by no means leggy. Ford uses a little trick. The upper roof line is optically contrasted in black from the rest of the body. As a result, the Stromer appears lower to the eye of the beholder. As already known, the four-door is hardly noticeable as such, since the usual door handles are missing. Is opened at the push of a button. Of course, we hope for a reliable locking mechanism. In the presentation, the rear door on the driver's side was already having problems.

Getting in and out is easy for people of normal height. The seating position does not require knees that are bent too far, even for larger passengers. Due to the batteries installed in the vehicle floor, this is a few centimeters higher than that of comparable combustion engines. However, this is hardly noticeable, as a higher seat prevents the occupant's knees from being bent too much. This works in the Mustang Mach-E without restricting the headroom too much. As is typical for the US, the seats are too soft for me personally and do not offer the side support of the current Mustang seating for a long time. Overall, the space is absolutely sufficient.

The interior looks very tidy to me, although a little fine-tuning could certainly not hurt the later series. The build quality is so far somewhat below the level of the current Ford Focus.

Bang & Olufsen speakers can be found all over the car. The passengers are offered an excellent sound. On the dashboard, however, I think covering the loudspeakers with a textile surface is very susceptible to soiling of all kinds. Here, in my opinion, Ford should prefer a less dirt-prone cover. For me personally, the dashboard is too minimal and very reminiscent of the design in the Tesla models. Everything focuses on the Mamutpad, which is easy to use, but already offers me too much information. However, I already find an automatic transmission in the Mustang to be suspect, although my sensation should not be overestimated.

At the presentation, I had the opportunity to discuss with a Tesla driver who looked very closely at the Mustang Mach-E. The consumption values, performance and workmanship published so far are clearly at the level of the top dog in the US, but for a significantly lower sales price. What I hadn't even thought about at all - we didn't immediately find the emergency disconnection of the battery from the vehicle electrical system (fire brigade and rescue service require separation) and the charging port is on the driver's side. It would make more sense to attach it on the passenger side.

The number of charging stations in the Federal Republic has already doubled in 2019. The pony is already finding food today. Contact please.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Germany

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts