Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wonder if those are preliminary or final MME numbers. Fueleconomy.gov guide updated 11-18-2020 shows EPA numbers as TBD. There are some of Tesla Model Y (RWD) EPA numbers still TBD. Also how did the range number displayed exactly match what was projected a year ago by Ford? I do not know the process sequence.....just wondering.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
114 Posts
I wonder if those are preliminary or final MME numbers. Fueleconomy.gov guide updated 11-18-2020 shows EPA numbers as TBD. There are some of Tesla Model Y (RWD) EPA numbers still TBD. Also how did the range number displayed exactly match what was projected a year ago by Ford? I do not know the process sequence.....just wondering.
Not prelim if on the Maroney Sticker. These are going on production cars on way to dealer lots.. Ford could improve range over time as Tesla has been doing via OTA updates. At least Ford met their promised range.

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
It is very possible that the EPA testing came in higher, but Ford took a conservative approach and chose to go forward with the lower target number. This would help make real-world experiences come close to the rating.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not prelim if on the Maroney Sticker. These are going on production cars on way to dealer lots.. Ford could improve range over time as Tesla has been doing via OTA updates. At least Ford met their promised range.
What Maric said, if Ford fudged the numbers on the stickers they'd be in huge legal trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts